Help! Dry Buds

WthAmIDoing

I’m in the curing phase of my harvest. I placed the bud in jars on the 17th and they were pretty dry From the jump.. smoke is harsh and plant lost a good amount of its smell. Will rehydrating it with an orange peel help with this?

Get the bovida humidity packs 62% they will help you either way if it's to moist or dry but it takes 3 weeks minimum to cure I've heard of using apple slices to
Quick story I cut one back in May that was from one of my girls that accidentally got pollenated didn't really like it so it got Jared up and pushed to the back well I ran out last weekend and grabbed that jar and dam that shit was fire smooth smoke and now I'm kicking my ass that I didn't clone that

the moment the bud gets so dry that its under 55% rh, the cure process stops. From that point you can always rehydrate bud no problem but the cure process that was taking place is considerably slower to damn near a stop. Atleast thats what a lot of reading has told me. Best bet is to always dry it then when you feel its dry enough you place it in a jar 3/4th full and a hygrometer to read RH. Seal the jar and check on it in an hour, if its above 68% keep burping the jar for an hour or 2 and repeating this procress until rh is 65% or less at which point you add the humidipak and can for the most part forget about the jars without worrying about mold. I do burp them for a minute here and there, once every week, then 2 weeks, then once a month. Its also said that the rh will stabilize in the jar after 24 hrs so u can get a true reading.

Using this ive got great smelling great tasting bud every time.

Boveda 62% all the way. Worth every penny.

So it is a bacteria driven process. This issue brought up is about killing them off. Below ...I thought it was 44 they stop breeding. I think most people get the 48 packs.

So it depends if you kill them or they go dormant. Ussually when they stop breeding they are done. But bacteria are resiliant. It would imagine it all depends how bad you beat on em.

so i put a lemon skin in one of the jars for about 6-12 hours... and I’m surprised it worked so well. They’re rehydrated and I’m continuing the cure process until the Boveda packs come in. It lets a little lemon smell that complemented very well!

The lemon skin will be very acidic, so I don't know how that will effect the finished product. It also may make the smoke harsh.

The lemon skin will be very acidic, so I don't know how that will effect the finished product. It also may make the smoke harsh.
I did it on one of the smaller jars as an experiment. I placed the lemon on a piece of foil to avoid contact so hopefully the taste isn’t affecte!

Back
Top Bottom