Help electricians: School me

I’m just an Hvac guy, I know enough about electricity to be dangerous and trouble shoot most problems. To size your breaker correctly, Watts/volts will give you amperage. There should be a chart on google to size your wire correctly. Load(amps) and distance will determine wire size. Good luck, I highly recommend a qualified electrician do the work if your unsure, and can afford it. That is if your not worried about the law knocking on the door. If you were in W Michigan I could help. Be safe!!

I’m just an Hvac guy, I know enough about electricity to be dangerous and trouble shoot most problems. To size your breaker correctly, Watts/volts will give you amperage. There should be a chart on google to size your wire correctly. Load(amps) and distance will determine wire size. Good luck, I highly recommend a qualified electrician do the work if your unsure, and can afford it. That is if your not worried about the law knocking on the door. If you were in W Michigan I could help. Be safe!!
I'm just west of you...across that big dirty lake lol. But I can handle it. I'm a ase certified master mechanic I do have some knowledge on electrical but More so for car systems. Anyways my point is I can follow instruction so as long as I'm giving proper instruction I will be fine I won't he doing it for a month or so yet and will do plenty of research and I do have an electrician friend who can talk me through it on phone

I'm just west of you...across that big dirty lake lol. But I can handle it. I'm a ase certified master mechanic I do have some knowledge on electrical but More so for car systems. Anyways my point is I can follow instruction so as long as I'm giving proper instruction I will be fine I won't he doing it for a month or so yet and will do plenty of research and I do have an electrician friend who can talk me through it on phone
Good deal man. I’ve seen too many hacks almost burn there houses down. I’d hate to hear any bad come from such a great community. At least you have a 100 amp service. A lot of houses have 60 amp service. 1/2 the battle is won.

Good deal man. I’ve seen too many hacks almost burn there houses down. I’d hate to hear any bad come from such a great community. At least you have a 100 amp service. A lot of houses have 60 amp service. 1/2 the battle is won.
hey I blew myself up before....car came in shop for no start checked for fuel and spark first had spark but no fuel so I gave it a shot of starter fluid and had Apprentice get in and crank while I stood near engine. Well the timing was also off but I hadn't got that far yet.. so when he cranked it it backfired out the intake blew the whole manifold off the engine ruptured fuel lines and all...luckily I extinguished it before the whole car went up. I had to go get a buzz cut after that my hair was fried lol..i like to take a more cautious approach to things now a days lol

hey I blew myself up before....car came in shop for no start checked for fuel and spark first had spark but no fuel so I gave it a shot of starter fluid and had Apprentice get in and crank while I stood near engine. Well the timing was also off but I hadn't got that far yet.. so when he cranked it it backfired out the intake blew the whole manifold off the engine ruptured fuel lines and all...luckily I extinguished it before the whole car went up. I had to go get a buzz cut after that my hair was fried lol..i like to take a more cautious approach to things now a days lol
Too much man, I have an 89 Camaro I’m restoring that’s cold blooded. Carb catches fire every time, haha. I keep a towel next to the ether. I sure wish we were closer. I have two boys with cars and my own that I’m always wrenching on.

Too much man, I have an 89 Camaro I’m restoring that’s cold blooded. Carb catches fire every time, haha. I keep a towel next to the ether. I sure wish we were closer. I have two boys with cars and my own that I’m always wrenching on.
I know I could use some friends...lonely over here can't trust none my old friends with my secrete. Sucks not being able to let people in the house.

Side question I just went to go water my girls and realized I forgot to refill my water jugs lastime got 7 plants all on bloom nutes I use tap water and leave it out for a day to get rid of chlorine..i do have some veg stuff ready but I already put these plants on bloom...do I just wait until tomorrow and let some water sit or do I mix up some bloom nutes with water right out the tap... Or I suppose I could go get some distilled water? Or just give the veg water this one time?

Need to rebuild that carb man, have someone acid bath it, if it’s original it could actually be porous and have extra gas leaking thru.. I’d also suspect your timing to be off a tiny bit wether it need to be advanced or retarded.
I know I could use some friends...lonely over here can't trust none my old friends with my secrete. Sucks not being able to let people in the house.

Side question I just went to go water my girls and realized I forgot to refill my water jugs lastime got 7 plants all on bloom nutes I use tap water and leave it out for a day to get rid of chlorine..i do have some veg stuff ready but I already put these plants on bloom...do I just wait until tomorrow and let some water sit or do I mix up some bloom nutes with water right out the tap... Or I suppose I could go get some distilled water? Or just give the veg water this one time?
I can’t say as though I haven’t used veg nutes to get by in bloom for a week, but I simply didn’t have any bloom nutes lol.. as far as your electrical, I wish I had that many open slots in my panel, I need to run some Romex to my grow room, the room i already wired up with (4) 15 amp outlets and it’s ready to just be tied into. I’ll probably add 2 breakers and 2 runs of wire to the room though just to split the load on everything. I also wire my outlets parallel not in series, this way each outlet can handle 15 amps not running all the juice thru the first outlet in the run like a lot of older homes were wired up to save time and money. I’m no electrician (also a mechanic by trade) but I know enough to get me by lol

Need to rebuild that carb man, have someone acid bath it, if it’s original it could actually be porous and have extra gas leaking thru.. I’d also suspect your timing to be off a tiny bit wether it need to be advanced or retarded.

I can’t say as though I haven’t used veg nutes to get by in bloom for a week, but I simply didn’t have any bloom nutes lol.. as far as your electrical, I wish I had that many open slots in my panel, I need to run some Romex to my grow room, the room i already wired up with (4) 15 amp outlets and it’s ready to just be tied into. I’ll probably add 2 breakers and 2 runs of wire to the room though just to split the load on everything. I also wire my outlets parallel not in series, this way each outlet can handle 15 amps not running all the juice thru the first outlet in the run like a lot of older homes were wired up to save time and money. I’m no electrician (also a mechanic by trade) but I know enough to get me by lol

Wow all the car guys showed up... So who's got the baddest v8 in here lol I don't have any toys right now. When I was younger I built a few turbo Honda's and acuras around 4 or 500 horse which kept up with the 800 horse muscle cars cuz they weighed twice as much one of my civics ran a 11.1 @ 133mph when I was 22. Now I'm getting older and really want a old Chevy with a nitrous setup or maybe a procharger...i guess I will keep buy-in lotto tickets lol

Wow all the car guys showed up... So who's got the baddest v8 in here lol I don't have any toys right now. When I was younger I built a few turbo Honda's and acuras around 4 or 500 horse which kept up with the 800 horse muscle cars cuz they weighed twice as much one of my civics ran a 11.1 @ 133mph when I was 22. Now I'm getting older and really want a old Chevy with a nitrous setup or maybe a procharger...i guess I will keep buy-in lotto tickets lol
Lol and here I am wanting to build a turbo vehicle next.. First car was a 76 impala with a stock 350 in it. Good enough for a 16 year old. When I was 20 I traded 2 cars for a 92 camaro and built that up a little bit and drove it till I hydroplaned it into a guardrail, traded that for a 85 Monte SS which was just a roller when I got it they literally cut the wire harness on both sides of the firewall soo I had to wire everything from scratch.. I built up a vortec era 350 for it, ported aluminum heads, high rise ported and polished aluminum intake, 650 double pumper Holley carb msd ignition and flow matched full length hooker headers with 3 in collectors, true dual exhaust with 2 balance pipes and a x pipe to keep it nice and smooth, all that thru some dynaflow mufflers sounded not too loud but aggressive enough to know she had all of 500 horse AT the tires, I put a 700r4 in it and wired in a toggle switch to lock the torque converter manually, if you took off from a dead stop and let the tires stop spinning, once you hit second gear and flipped the switch to lock the converter the ass of the car would sink to the ground and she’d plant you in the back of the seat with a good snap and launch like a freight train, I sure do miss that car, but couldn’t afford 6mpg city and 4mpg highway when gas was $4 a gallon lol.. my father and I bought together a trailblazer ss after that, we bought it with a popped motor and bought a used long block and swapped it in, that popped shortly after for the same oil starvation issues.. motor was built by a reputable builder in the area who has a full machine shop who can flow test heads and everything else, balanced the engine and she’s been sittting in my fathers garage now, still waiting for breakin period of the engine lol

Lol and here I am wanting to build a turbo vehicle next.. First car was a 76 impala with a stock 350 in it. Good enough for a 16 year old. When I was 20 I traded 2 cars for a 92 camaro and built that up a little bit and drove it till I hydroplaned it into a guardrail, traded that for a 85 Monte SS which was just a roller when I got it they literally cut the wire harness on both sides of the firewall soo I had to wire everything from scratch.. I built up a vortec era 350 for it, ported aluminum heads, high rise ported and polished aluminum intake, 650 double pumper Holley carb msd ignition and flow matched full length hooker headers with 3 in collectors, true dual exhaust with 2 balance pipes and a x pipe to keep it nice and smooth, all that thru some dynaflow mufflers sounded not too loud but aggressive enough to know she had all of 500 horse AT the tires, I put a 700r4 in it and wired in a toggle switch to lock the torque converter manually, if you took off from a dead stop and let the tires stop spinning, once you hit second gear and flipped the switch to lock the converter the ass of the car would sink to the ground and she’d plant you in the back of the seat with a good snap and launch like a freight train, I sure do miss that car, but couldn’t afford 6mpg city and 4mpg highway when gas was $4 a gallon lol.. my father and I bought together a trailblazer ss after that, we bought it with a popped motor and bought a used long block and swapped it in, that popped shortly after for the same oil starvation issues.. motor was built by a reputable builder in the area who has a full machine shop who can flow test heads and everything else, balanced the engine and she’s been sittting in my fathers garage now, still waiting for breakin period of the engine lol
Awesome. Gets my blood pumping thinking about that stuck to the seat feeling... Really is like a drug to us. That civic I had didn't go anywhere until 3rd gear unless I took the front fenders off and put the slicks on and half deflated them lol always got stomped off the line by muscle cars then I would slingshot passed them in 3rd gear still spinning the tires.

Was a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder I rebuilt the motor with some forged rods and pistons was a single overhead Cam so I put a Cam in it with some springs and retainers adjustable Cam gear and ran a standalone engine management system called "Hondata" I could do on the fly tuning with a laptop I had a electronic boost controller so I could run say 10 lbs of boost in first and 2nd then 3rd gear would run full wastegste pressure at 28 pounds. I went through about 4 transmissions and like 20 axles over the year I had the car lol. Had 1200 c injectors and at one point I tried e85 made more power but you need 30 percent more fuel with e85 and its corrosive on injectors. I had the exhaust coming out of the hood at one point and also had it coming out of fender after getting sick of carbon buildup and burn marks on my windshield. Thing could spin my street tires in 4th gear going 100+ hard to put power to ground with fwd

The feeling of a turbo is awesome.... You hear that bad boy spool up and just feel the power triple. Ahhh... I wish I could go back to those days. I had the car at some street races in the city and one run a motor mount let go the motor dropped a few inches and the Cam gear grinder into the mount and jumped timing and that was the end of that motor bent valves dented pistons. I cried for a few days and sold it for 1500 bucks to someone. I must have put 7 or 8 grand in that car

@CAMARO, the motor and tranny are being replaced. 350 crate motor, the camaro is t-top, so just a cool cruiser. I just fire it up now to make noise. If you haven’t thought of it, when you install your new breakers, install them on separate side of the panel. If you loose a leg of power, which is common in the summer around me, you”ll still have 120v on one receptacle

@Tinted Tahoe, have you started a journal on your grow?
No I have not I really want to but I don't think my grow is worth it yet this is my last grow of bagseed and I got the one large plant that's a fem black gold. But I have 10 seeds from nirvana and want to make these upgrades before I start my journal. I'm upgrading my enclosure and I recently got new led panels and stuff so I figured I will start a big journal after I harvest this run

The big one in the 5 gal bucket I'd black gold. Rest bagseed that I'm scared is gonna hermie and ruin my black gold that I'm hoping for 3 or so ounces off. Here's some lights off pics at week 3 of flower. Planted this thing late December

Awesome. Gets my blood pumping thinking about that stuck to the seat feeling... Really is like a drug to us. That civic I had didn't go anywhere until 3rd gear unless I took the front fenders off and put the slicks on and half deflated them lol always got stomped off the line by muscle cars then I would slingshot passed them in 3rd gear still spinning the tires.

Was a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder I rebuilt the motor with some forged rods and pistons was a single overhead Cam so I put a Cam in it with some springs and retainers adjustable Cam gear and ran a standalone engine management system called "Hondata" I could do on the fly tuning with a laptop I had a electronic boost controller so I could run say 10 lbs of boost in first and 2nd then 3rd gear would run full wastegste pressure at 28 pounds. I went through about 4 transmissions and like 20 axles over the year I had the car lol. Had 1200 c injectors and at one point I tried e85 made more power but you need 30 percent more fuel with e85 and its corrosive on injectors. I had the exhaust coming out of the hood at one point and also had it coming out of fender after getting sick of carbon buildup and burn marks on my windshield. Thing could spin my street tires in 4th gear going 100+ hard to put power to ground with fwd
Got a buddy with a civic that he’s running Hondata in and getting some pretty good times on the 1/8 mile track I can remember his times though.. I don’t know how I forgot about the Grand Prix GXP I had, 5.3 v8 fwd with roughly 450whp, that would light up the tires even at 75. While I do love the feel of a rwd pull, man that torque steer though :headbanger: I’m trying to get away from cars as a profession and get to plants which is currently my hobby and I want cars to be my hobby and get a garage with a lift at home for a few small jobs on the side rather than doing it full time anymore, been at it over a decade and have installed over 2500 transmissions to date and counting o_O ... your plants look nice though bud, and all grows are worth a journal, we love seeing them all! Get one fired up and add a link to your signature for everyone to find easier, there’s a link in mine to help you out

Got a buddy with a civic that he’s running Hondata in and getting some pretty good times on the 1/8 mile track I can remember his times though.. I don’t know how I forgot about the Grand Prix GXP I had, 5.3 v8 fwd with roughly 450whp, that would light up the tires even at 75. While I do love the feel of a rwd pull, man that torque steer though :headbanger: I’m trying to get away from cars as a profession and get to plants which is currently my hobby and I want cars to be my hobby and get a garage with a lift at home for a few small jobs on the side rather than doing it full time anymore, been at it over a decade and have installed over 2500 transmissions to date and counting o_O ... your plants look nice though bud, and all grows are worth a journal, we love seeing them all! Get one fired up and add a link to your signature for everyone to find easier, there’s a link in mine to help you out

Oh man I know the feeling I don't have a decade under my belt yet of cars but probably about 9 or 10 years and Ya I'm done with it I love cars and always will but working on them everyday gets so frustrating and just doesn't seem to be a good job. Me and the wife have been talking about moving and trying to start a real grow and make real legal money off it instead of just free smoke for us but IDK yet

Also since I have 100amp feed does that mean I can only have a certain amount of breakers or that means I can pull no more then 100 amps I suppose...how do you put watts to amps or volts ugh... I suppose I can find these answers on Google as well I don't mean to be a pest. It's late anyways I will check up tomorrow and do some reading online. I assume I may need some advice on routing this new wire to my bedroom which luckily is a short distance.
Standards say 80 % so 80 amps should be the conitinuou
S load. You can run a sub par el to the garage. I'd stay away from Romex ( personal opinion)

Back
Top Bottom