Help! FIM the FIM

Hi all - I'm duplicating this post from my journal, I hope that's ok. I don't see a huge amount of traffic over there so thought this might catch more eyes here...

I've topped plants with great success in the past so thought I'd try a FIM this time around as the outdoor time window is ticking by and I figured the minimal recovery time from a FIMming would suit the situation. Also this Money Bush plant is not so mould resistant and we have a humid environment so I'm aiming for more smaller buds to reduce the risk of mould and rot.

Except, I think I missed!

This is what it looked like after the cut:

FIMtheFIM.jpg

And this is what is looks like 6-7 days later.

MB-day39_1_.jpg

MB-day39_2_.jpg

Am I right that i missed?

Am I good to give it another try? Any particular tips? I really thought I'd got it, but maybe i'm missing exactly what it is I'm supposed to be missing ;)

thanks folks

:Namaste:

I wouldn't even worry about topping it. With all the growth sites on the rest of the plant I would tie it down! Then all those bud sites will grow up towards the sun. You might get a bigger yield

Hi hen :ciao: I missed this before!

Yeah - you’re totally right. I was experimenting with different things on this grow and that plant was the ‘let’s try a FIM’ project,

I actually did a lot of simple tying and leaf tucking back to two of my others and they’re going brilliantly.
My latest journal update is here Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest
ANd I’m about to do another tomorrow. The two plants in the bamboo enclosure were leant back to open them to the sun in different ways, and the one on the left was topped (not FIM’d) as well. That one also had a very stressful childhood, i didn’t think it was going to make it for a minute there! But it’s very happy now.

The FIM’d (or not FIm’d) one is on a bush site that’s not getting much direct sun (another experiment) though she is still doing quite well regardless. SHe did get laid back eventually, but mostly because she out grew her POD (partly because the FIM never took and she just kept growing upwards!).

I’ll come over and visit your garden some time soon :rollit:

Hi all - I'm duplicating this post from my journal, I hope that's ok. I don't see a huge amount of traffic over there so thought this might catch more eyes here...

I've topped plants with great success in the past so thought I'd try a FIM this time around as the outdoor time window is ticking by and I figured the minimal recovery time from a FIMming would suit the situation. Also this Money Bush plant is not so mould resistant and we have a humid environment so I'm aiming for more smaller buds to reduce the risk of mould and rot.

Except, I think I missed!

This is what it looked like after the cut:

FIMtheFIM.jpg

And this is what is looks like 6-7 days later.

MB-day39_1_.jpg

MB-day39_2_.jpg

Am I right that i missed?

Am I good to give it another try? Any particular tips? I really thought I'd got it, but maybe i'm missing exactly what it is I'm supposed to be missing ;)

thanks folks

I did what you do to prevent some branches to go taller than the rest. I call it tip. To fim you need to remove a bit more

I did what you do to prevent some branches to go taller than the rest. I call it tip. To fim you need to remove a bit more
yeah - I tipped a couple of my other ones, and I justkept missing with this FIM!

This was ages ago now - everyone in mid flower now and all good.

And a big 420 welcome to the forums to you flash!

Things are a bit quirky at the moment because of the website overhaul so it’s a time of transition. Should all settle in again pretty soon. Are you settling in okay? I hope you’re finding what you need.

Most folks here are very friendly and happy to help so do intriduce yourself on threads you like ask for any help you need, whether it‘s grow related, medicinal related or help with the website etc. Someone will be around who can help out!

:thumb:

-

yeah - I tipped a couple of my other ones, and I justkept missing with this FIM!

This was ages ago now - everyone in mid flower now and all good.

And a big 420 welcome to the forums to you flash!

Things are a bit quirky at the moment because of the website overhaul so it’s a time of transition. Should all settle in again pretty soon. Are you settling in okay? I hope you’re finding what you need.

Most folks here are very friendly and happy to help so do intriduce yourself on threads you like ask for any help you need, whether it‘s grow related, medicinal related or help with the website etc. Someone will be around who can help out!

:thumb:

-
Hey

Thanks for welcoming me :)

This forum is great! So much information. I ll be in one week flowering tomorrow. Things are going well so far :) Don t hesitate to visit my grow journal

Back
Top Bottom