Help first grow need help with cure!

growboy420

Hi everybody. So it’s my first grow on this northern lights strain I got from seedsman.com. They have been drying for 11 days In a tent and yesterday I took the buds off of the stems and put them into the jar. The first week of drying the dry tent was around 40-45% RH. Day 7 of drying the humidity went up to 55 and started around 55-60% RH until yesterday when I started to jar them. I did not burp the jar all day until today I opened it and noticed the grass/ hay smell. (It was 44% RH in the jar before I opened) They smelled great when I was cutting them down yesterday and now they smell like grass/hay!! What should I do? I put them on a screen to dry for another day but That was around 10 minutes ago. I really want to make sure I’m not ruining my first harvest. Any help is great. Thanks

I hate to ruin your day but you let them dry to long and probably are past being able to cure them. I would put them back in the jar and see if you can sweat a little moisture out of them. Don't open them until you hit 62rh or more. Definitely don't dry them any further. I suggest doing some research on drying and curing buds. I put mine in the jar in the mid to high 60 range and then start burping the jars until I get around 60-62 rh that's the sweet spot for curing.

Ok. I have the 62% boveda humidity pack that I will throw into the jar too. The bud feels very dense still as if there’s still moisture in it. The stems crack and the smaller buds fell right off the main stem with pressure. I’m not sure if they are over dry or not dry enough to put into a jar yet.

Ok. I have the 62% boveda humidity pack that I will throw into the jar too. The bud feels very dense still as if there’s still moisture in it. The stems crack and the smaller buds fell right off the main stem with pressure. I’m not sure if they are over dry or not dry enough to put into a jar yet.
Are you serious.

(It was 44% RH in the jar before I opened)
Drying them for another day definitely isn't what you want to do- once the buds are too dry, curing isn't going to happen, even if you manage to re-hydrate them...
Bovedas are for maintaining the rh at around 62%, not for adding moisture -they won't do that...

Jar them up again, and leave them for a couple of days- if the rh still reads below 60% they're too dry to cure.
Still smokable, just might not taste very good-they'll still get you high though...

Ok it sounds like that jarring them is the best thing to do so that is what I will do. Thank you for your help guys. Fr means a lot. just bc it’s my first grow I wanna get the most out of it and make sure everything is good. Next time I think I will make sure my dry room is not as dry

Back
Top Bottom