Help! First grow problems

riki126

Hi all.

This is my first grow and the third node has started to appear but the leaves have gone droopy and yellow and one leaf has brown spotting. What could it be? Ive been looking at nitrogen toxicity and over watering? but I dont think ive watered that much.. maybe once every 2 days.

Im using coco coir and a little bit of organic soil but theres not much. I haven't started giving nutrients yet.

Its a white widow autoflower

Thanks

Hey riki I don't think your pics are loading up. Check the 420 guidelines for how to upload pics. I grow in soil but I think watering every day or two is about right in coco...or maybe its a couple of times a day not sure. What about your pH? its important to get it in range. Also what kind of water are you using & do you know the ppm or ec? I wouldn't add any nutes until you know more about whats going on.

Hey riki I don't think your pics are loading up. Check the 420 guidelines for how to upload pics. I grow in soil but I think watering every day or two is about right in coco...or maybe its a couple of times a day not sure. What about your pH? its important to get it in range. Also what kind of water are you using & do you know the ppm or ec? I wouldn't add any nutes until you know more about whats going on.

Hi there MJ.

Here are the photos, what do you think?

thanks

The leaves are more droopy today than they were yesterday when the photos were taken...
20160404_101245.jpg
20160404_101238.jpg
20160404_101212.jpg

Hi there MJ.

Here are the photos, what do you think?

thanks
first-grow-white-widow-auto-sick.1128755

first-grow-white-widow-auto-sick.1128757

first-grow-white-widow-auto-sick.1128756

The leaves are more droopy today than they were yesterday when the photos were taken...

Pictures are failing to show...ill help.

20160404_101238.jpg

20160404_101245.jpg

20160404_101212.jpg

It almost looks like magnesium deficiency to me. I would throw some calmag in there your next watering. I use it whenever I feed. Kind of like preventative maintenance.

Pictures are failing to show...ill help.

20160404_101238.jpg

20160404_101245.jpg

20160404_101212.jpg

It almost looks like magnesium deficiency to me. I would throw some calmag in there your next watering. I use it whenever I feed. Kind of like preventative maintenance.

Thanks! Ill try the magnesium tonight and see if theres any improvement!

Thanks again

Hey riki, what's your pH btw & what water are you using. I ask because normally unless you use RO there's enough cal/mag in the water for seedlings, now adding a little more in coco won't do any harm but would be good to know if your adjusting the pH because if its out of range then they won't be absorbing enough trace elements regardless of how much you add. This in turns leads to additional problems. Nonetheless your seedlings are looking decent, I'm sure they'll overcome this hurdle.

:Namaste:

Hey riki, what's your pH btw & what water are you using. I ask because normally unless you use RO there's enough cal/mag in the water for seedlings, now adding a little more in coco won't do any harm but would be good to know if your adjusting the pH because if its out of range then they won't be absorbing enough trace elements regardless of how much you add. This in turns leads to additional problems. Nonetheless your seedlings are looking decent, I'm sure they'll overcome this hurdle.

Hi MJ.

Thanks alot for your help. The ph level is 6.2 and im using new zealand spring water which is bottled. It has no chlorine or anything harmful. Its got 2.3mg of Calcium, 8.9mg sodium, 3.9mg pottasium, 1.4mg magnesium and the ratio is # mg per litre

Thanks again. Will keep you updated if the problem gets worse or better

Hey riki, good call on the bottled water. pH 6.2 is in range for coco I think, although im sure I've seen people using 5.8 to 6 with good results. All strains are different, some might strive in 6.2 other's 5.9...so you should play about with it until you find the sweet spot.

My plant had appeared to be recovered from the magnesium deficiency but today I woke up and saw that a few other leaves are starting to get brown spots again...

I had initially added about 2mg of magnesium the first time I had this problem but before I do it again do you guys think its a magnesium deficiency??

Thanks everyone for helping

20160410_104110.jpg
20160410_104102.jpg
20160410_104113.jpg

Hey riki, good call on the bottled water. pH 6.2 is in range for coco I think, although im sure I've seen people using 5.8 to 6 with good results. All strains are different, some might strive in 6.2 other's 5.9...so you should play about with it until you find the sweet spot.

Hi MJ could you have a look at the photos I just posted and share your thoughts please?

Thank you very much for your help :)

hey riki I just looked at your pics & they're not bad at all. There might be some small deficiency with mag or something else but don't sweat it. Its hard to tell exactly what it is but I would try adjusting the pH first. In any case they're looking good buddy & are getting past their very sensitive seedling stage.

:goodjob:

hey riki I just looked at your pics & they're not bad at all. There might be some small deficiency with mag or something else but don't sweat it. Its hard to tell exactly what it is but I would try adjusting the pH first. In any case they're looking good buddy & are getting past their very sensitive seedling stage.

:goodjob:

Hi MJ

Heres an update. I actually think it might be heat stress???

20160411_085348.jpg

Hi MJ

Heres an update. I actually think it might be heat stress???

20160411_085348.jpg

Hey riki, I don't think it's heat stress otherwise the other leaves would be curling up a little. I have a feeling it's a minor pH issue in that the plant is receiving too much or too little of something. Hopefully someone else can have a better suggestion but as it stands it's pretty good. I would simply tweak the pH a little.

Hey riki, I don't think it's heat stress otherwise the other leaves would be curling up a little. I have a feeling it's a minor pH issue in that the plant is receiving too much or too little of something. Hopefully someone else can have a better suggestion but as it stands it's pretty good. I would simply tweak the pH a little.

Hi MJ.

Ive changed my ph level to 5.5, 5.8, 6.0, 6.2 and 6.5 but the problem is getting worse.

It is an autoflower so im thinking its supposed to start flowering soon, it has been 22 days from seed... I have been looking at what the problem could be and it looks exactly like a phosphurus deficiency. Should I add mmore nutrients? The recommended dosage is 5mls per litre but ive only been doing 1 ml per litre... because ive been reading to only to a fifth of the recommendation on autos... What do you think? Should I try add more? cause I assume that im meant to be giving all the nutrients the plant needs because im using coco coir for soil...

Thanks for your help man, really appreciate it

This looks like a Sulfur deficiency, by looking at your plant and my marijuana problem solving book....

Although sulfur deficiencies are rare, they do still occasionally happen. The marijuana plant will start to exhibit signs of sulfur deficiency with the yellowing of newer leaves. The growth can become stunted and the
leaves narrower and more brittle than before. It’s important to keep sulfur at an acceptable level because it assists in a number of different plant processes including root growth and chlorophyll production.

The reason that sulfur shortages rarely occur, though, is that most fertilizers and soils have a naturally acceptable amount of sulfur in them. That means you’ll rarely encounter plants that have a sulfur deficiency. If you do get sulfur deficient marijuana plants, then correcting the problem is rather easy. Epsom salts, potassium sulfate, and several other remedies can get the job done if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms related to sulfur deficiency

Here is a free cop...... type 420 plant care pdf in your browser, first one bam.....

Hey riki tell us about your setup i.e. lights, soil, temps, air circulation etc. I don't know much about coco but I think you have to add nutes quite often i.e. water/feed/water/feed. I'm sure I also read you should feed every time in coco. In that case you may have to increase feeding, 1/4 strength each time & see how it goes.

Hi MJ.

Heres an update on the plant... I cant seem to fix the problem, heres some photos i just took. Its 30 days from seed, what do you think?

Thanks

20160422_103735.jpg
20160422_103730.jpg
20160422_103727.jpg

Hey riki tell us about your setup i.e. lights, soil, temps, air circulation etc. I don't know much about coco but I think you have to add nutes quite often i.e. water/feed/water/feed. I'm sure I also read you should feed every time in coco. In that case you may have to increase feeding, 1/4 strength each time & see how it goes.

Hi MJ.

Ive only been feeding nutes every week, im currently using blood and bone cause I already had that at home. Im using 210 watts of cfl lights. Temperature ranges between 70 and 80 degrees (farenheight.) Ive also got a single fan in my closet and I open the doors many times a day but dont feel the need to because there are gaps in my waldrobe where air can get in.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom