Help! First grow problems

Hey riki, the new leaves don't look too bad & it seems to be growing so nothing major to worry about. Not sure what the problem is or was but I suspect the pH...keep adjusting it if need be & make sure the medium is always moist. The fan will also be a big help. Also make sure they're getting as much light as possible so keep em really close to the CFLs...the problem with these lights is that their effectiveness drastically deteriorates further away i.e. even 5cm makes a big difference, if you had a light meter you would see what I mean. Actually could this lack of light have been the problem all along?

:thumb:

Hey riki, the new leaves don't look too bad & it seems to be growing so nothing major to worry about. Not sure what the problem is or was but I suspect the pH...keep adjusting it if need be & make sure the medium is always moist. The fan will also be a big help. Also make sure they're getting as much light as possible so keep em really close to the CFLs...the problem with these lights is that their effectiveness drastically deteriorates further away i.e. even 5cm makes a big difference, if you had a light meter you would see what I mean. Actually could this lack of light have been the problem all along?

Ok! Ill try adjust the lights the best i can. I might go and buy another light holder. Thanks man. Really appreciate your help. Will keep you posted :)

Hi MJ!!

I think ive figured what was happening to my leaves! At first we thought it might have been a PH issue and nutrient issue...

I accidentally over fed my plant and gave it minor nutrient burn but that made me think more about what the problem could have been because the plant has been using all the nutrients so why do my leaves keep dying...

Gnat flys! Disgusting but I saw a couple this morning and I started investigating, I also remember seeing a fly a few weeks ago when the problem started occuring but I just thought it was a fruit fly... Noob. So now I know its gnats. Im going to eliminate all of them tomorrow and see if it gets better!

Heres an update on how the plants looking!

20160502_223448.jpg
20160502_223443.jpg
20160502_223410.jpg

Hi MJ!!

I think ive figured what was happening to my leaves! At first we thought it might have been a PH issue and nutrient issue...

I accidentally over fed my plant and gave it minor nutrient burn but that made me think more about what the problem could have been because the plant has been using all the nutrients so why do my leaves keep dying...

Gnat flys! Disgusting but I saw a couple this morning and I started investigating, I also remember seeing a fly a few weeks ago when the problem started occuring but I just thought it was a fruit fly... Noob. So now I know its gnats. Im going to eliminate all of them tomorrow and see if it gets better!

Heres an update on how the plants looking!

20160502_223448.jpg
20160502_223443.jpg
20160502_223410.jpg

Looking good bro, how you getting on with the gnats? that's usually an indication of over-watering so careful there. A fan will help disrupt them also.

:goodjob:

Looking good bro, how you getting on with the gnats? that's usually an indication of over-watering so careful there. A fan will help disrupt them also.

Believe it or not I tried using ground cinnamon and cloves after I watered and it actually worked. I had no gnats until the next time I watered. I figured out that you need to do it 2 or 3 times in a row to successfully break the cycle but it actually works! Also my plant didn't show any signs of over watering which makes me think the soil/coco I used already had those buggers in there!

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also do you think it's ready for harvest?

420-magazine-mobile967977866.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom