Help first grow!

CRISS90

What's up guys this is my first grow. I have a 4x4 foot tent, two 600 watt lights and some critical kush seeds. I wanted to grow one plant in a ten gallon smart pot under 1200 watts in the 4x4 foot tent. Is this too much light for a 4x4 tent? should I include more plants, or will I get the same yield from one plant under the same lighting?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: HELP first grow!!!

I haven't started the grow yet but ya I have a portable ac unit i can through in there. How much light would you suggest running in there?
I want to grow one good size plant and am aiming for a 1lbs yield.

I have a 450cfm fan and the lights are HID. I'm going to put the ac unit in there too. Should I get a bigger fan?

no bigger fan would suck the walls in tent to bad. i would guess you have cool tube lights. It might work if you can keep the heat down. My good friend grows with 5'x5'x7' and fights with heat with 600. You would get a monster grow if you can keep temps and plant going good.

Ya I just looked at the ac unit I have and I think its going to be a tight fit in the 4X4.
Do you think ill be fine with just the 450cfm fan?

My friend is using a 450 the same one in my video. on his. You might have to put extra line between the fan and the tent. You will have to do a lot of testing before you put plants in.

Cool ill test my grow area this weekend and see if it'll work.
Thanks for all the help man I really appreciate it.:thumb:

I get a pound from my 4x4 room with a 600 watt hps and a 4 inch vent. I run 6-8 plants in 6 gallon pots.

Two 600s may be more trouble than it's worth. Start with one and see how it goes. Set up the other in another tent for veg. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's awesome! How long do you veg for? Do you scrog or use any kind of nutes to get that yield?

Good point jummejum! On my very first grow, I did not test my newly setup grow box environment as it was only 250 watts of CFLs. So, I put my freshly transplanted seedlings into the grow box and when I checked on it about an hour or so later, temperatures were fast approaching 100°. Lesson learned! ;)

That's awesome! How long do you veg for? Do you scrog or use any kind of nutes to get that yield?

I veg under CFLs for about 2 months to 12-14 inches high after cropping or LST. The plants end up about 2 feet high with 8-12 tops. I get about an ounce per square foot.

I'm using Doc Bud's High Brix kit - all organic biota-based nutes, but anyone should be able to get that yield.

I'd recommend 4 plants instead of just one, but if you do, then think about a bigger pot. I have about 40 gallons of soil in my room.

Back
Top Bottom