Help first grow?

NoLimit

Ok I'm getting my seeds soon and I'm going to be using fox farms soil for an outdoor grow I was wondering do I need to manage my ph in my water and if I do how do I manage rainwater ph? And also when do I start feeding my plants with nutes and got any suggestions for nutes?

Re: Help first grow

I haven't used FF soil but have read their nutrient line complinents the soil.
I like to ph my water and i grow in soil as well. I figure it keeps the soil a bit more stable in stead of relying on the soil to adjust the water since most soils are mixed to have a stable ph some say there is no need to ph your water but i figure why leave it to chance. I have used baking soda and lemon juice to adjust ph and also the store bought ph adjusters from General hydro, you will also need a way take an accurate ph reading most recommend a blue labs digital ph meter it seems but my budget had me buying the paper strip on a roll at the hydro store that changes color.

Best of luck

Sent from my Z959 using 420

Are they in a pot or in the ground? Outside water from the water hose will be fine, around here about a 7 PH level. I bet yours is the same. Check my upload pics, my first grow that's all I used was water from the water hose. As far as rain water I'd say let mother nature do her thing if they plants are already outside. Might not effect your grow as bad as you think.

IMG_20150929_154911132.jpg
IMG_20150911_164842863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom