Help!! First time grower and I'm having some problems on my leaves!

Rodilicious

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi guys, first post so I'm sorry and i will delete it if im in the wrong section.

As said on the title, this is my first time growing and im having a problem with my leaves.

it started out with some small white/yellow spots (as you can see on my first photo) and now is just getting bigger and out of controll ...

the buds are growing nice with the white hairs thick and "facing up"...

The strings are "auto speed bud" and are from female seeds.

They are in soil for around 60 days...

if you need any more info please let me know and i appreciate any help i can get !!

Thank you all!!!

16758.jpg

22422.jpg

31940.jpg

Looks to me like you have a pretty good (bad) pest infestation. Could be mites, but could be something else (thrips, aphids?). Best to take a close look at the back side of the leaves under magnification (at least 30X). You will almost certainly find tiny bugs, eggs, and poop. Until that problem is under control, it is difficult to tell if anything else is going on.

:welcome: Rod to :420:

Looks to me like you have a pretty good (bad) pest infestation. Could be mites, but could be something else (thrips, aphids?). Best to take a close look at the back side of the leaves under magnification (at least 30X). You will almost certainly find tiny bugs, eggs, and poop. Until that problem is under control, it is difficult to tell if anything else is going on.

:welcome: Rod to :420:

Looks like calcium deficiency with a small bit of thrip or spidermite damage or maybe a leaf miner.

I know right? from what i have been reading everything points to some sorte of bugs (mites, thrips, aphids, etc), but i have been looking for hours and didnt found anything, even under the leaves... im think i will search for some ladybugs to "solve" that.. i dont know if they can get rid of something so small, but i will try...

about the nuts... i didnt gave them anything in the veg stage, even tho i should... maybe thats why they are a bit small but the spots only started when the first buds apeared... thats when i bought "terra bloom plagron", a bloom stage fertilizer... so, after the mix i thought i had the problem solved but the spots just keeped geting worse.. maybe i need to add a diferent fertilizer but im not sure..

any ideas on how to give the plants some calcium biologically? i read about some egg shells or seashells would do it ..

Are you using magnification when you look for bugs? Most mites are too small to see with just your eyes alone.
Eggshells work, but break down slowly - too slow to help in this situation. This is also true of other forms of "organic" calcium. They are all slow acting since they take time to break down.

Are you using magnification when you look for bugs? Most mites are too small to see with just your eyes alone.
Eggshells work, but break down slowly - too slow to help in this situation. This is also true of other forms of "organic" calcium. They are all slow acting since they take time to break down.

nope :/ just 1x magnification from my eyes loool do you think the ladybug would solve a problem that small? or should i buy some pesticide?

and about the calcium, some friends told me to boil some seashells and let it rest for about a week or so in the water for the plants.. do you think it would work? or would needed more time?

ty so much for the help, really appreciate it!!

nope :/ just 1x magnification from my eyes loool do you think the ladybug would solve a problem that small? or should i buy some pesticide?

and about the calcium, some friends told me to boil some seashells and let it rest for about a week or so in the water for the plants.. do you think it would work? or would needed more time?

ty so much for the help, really appreciate it!!

Ladybugs will help, if you have enough of them. I would still verify what is going on. You probably want magnification to check trichomes anyway. Once verified, I'd go with a pesticide.

Vinegar does a better job than water in dissolving the Ca in egg shells or seashells. I still think it will be too slow to be of much help in your case. By the time you make the Ca supplement and it is absorbed by the plant, I'm thinking 2-3 weeks are gone.

Looks like mites. My leaves got much worse than that before I found the webs. Found black poop with 30x scope but never saw the actual mites, but I had sprayed once by then. Leaves still look like hell.

Which got me searching online again this morning. Could it be phosphorus deficiency or lockout? I noticed on 2nd look that spots run along veins and not all over leaf.

Looks like mites. My leaves got much worse than that before I found the webs. Found black poop with 30x scope but never saw the actual mites, but I had sprayed once by then. Leaves still look like hell.

Which got me searching online again this morning. Could it be phosphorus deficiency or lockout? I noticed on 2nd look that spots run along veins and not all over leaf.

Could be 'P', but it is really hard for me to tell with the mite damage. It shouldn't hurt to boost it up a little to see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom