Help First Time Grower

weediologist

Hey,
This is my first grow i have used 5 seeds from different baggies that i had smoked from, and i just ordered some online. Well out of the 5 seeds 2 germinated less than 24hrs. I planted 2 one in a 6 inch pot the other in a big pot. i started of with 2 floresent lights 80watts (40watts each). The one in the small pot grow tall as 6 inches in 4 days after seed was put into soil. The other in the big pot was only 1 inch tall. Now 2 weeks later i went to Lowes and bought a 150 watt HPS flood light and now use that. i have my timer on for 16hrs on/8hrs off. now its been 3 weeks and 2 days (Jan 04 2006). My plant in the small pots is about 11-12 inches tall and have about 10-12 leafs and the one in the big pots is 3 inches tall i dont know what is wrong with this plant ill post some picture of both plants and growing room. i have my plants about 1 foot away from the light and have a fan blowing on the light to cool the light and cool the heat away. Now that i bought this 150 Watt HPS light, i read that i need MH light to grow my plant. Do i have to buy one inorder to grow my plant and can i use the HPS light throught out its life?

I Today Just Bought A 175 Watt Metal Halid Light - Floodlight Type From A Light Store For $160 And Hook It Up And It Takes Like 5-8 Minutes For It To Come On, I Guess Its Warming Up. I Took The Hps Light Off And Replaced It With A Mh For Its Vege Stage And Ill Hook Up The Hps Up When Its Flowering Time. Ill Post The Pictures Tommorrow

newplant1week1.JPG

- new plant 1 week

myMH-vegetime3week1.JPG

-my MH - vege time 3 week

mybestplant-3week1.JPG

-my best plant - 3 week

mybestplant-2week1.JPG

-my best plant - 2 week

BestPlantandnewplant1.JPG

-Best Plant and new plant

MyHPS-2week1.JPG

-My HPS - 2 week

weirdplantat2weekII1.JPG

-weird plant at 2 week II

i have seen other peoples plants at 3-4 weeks and they are hugh and bush how come my plant is small and using Peter 20-20-20 (1/4 tbs/gallon) water it once a week and mist my plant withthe same water and fert. twice a week. Every week ill increase in fert. like WEEK 1 - 1/4 PER GALLON, WEEK 2 -1/2 PER GALLON, 3 WEEK 3/4 PER GALLON, THEN AFTER THAT 1 TSP/GALLON, THEN FOR FLOWERING ILL USE PETERS 12-32-18.

Dunno maybe the light u have is to far away or something that is a werid mh . is the ballast and light fixture all one? dunno just never seen one like that . they seem to be strechi to much well the one. And since u have had the plants with a hps that just slows down the growth thats probally why its so small its just got to catch back up .. with the mh it should make up for it and bring the lil ones around.

Hello People help me, i need to know why my plant is growing so slow and whats the best soil to use, the one i have has peat moss, perlite, bark and other stuff.:cool:

I don't know about soil, but they were a little slow with mine to start out too. Don't worry, soon they will start to get bigger and better.

I have updated my pictures of my grow the big plant is 5 weeks old and the little on is 2 weeks old now.
click on the link below to check out the picture and let me know my problems or anything.

Dude Weedy just chill it takes so long when your watchin it just give it what it needs and relax this shit don't happen overnight

By the way I would definitely give them more light per day 16 hours just isn't enough. 18 is as low as you should go for veg. I prefer 24 or atleast 20.

i transplanted the plants to a 5 gallon pot and am ordering a 400watt HPS and MH lighting system and i have increased my lights to 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off. Plant Growth

no why, but i want to get it its only one system that takes both bulbs

sounds like a decent light. It's probally a HPS ballast which you can use HORTILUX bulbs in. Hortilux is great for flowering, But I think you'll want strictly MH for vegging. I would contact the seller and ask if you can use strictly MH bulbs in that fixture. Also, you won't be able to vent that light incase you run into a heat problem with your grow area. You would need an enclosed fixture with vent flanges on it. That's what I use. The lights are also alot more expensive. I paid $300 per light. I'm sure you could find it cheaper on ebay though.

That is what it is the system takes both MH and HPS, i have a limited budget and am only using it for 2 plants is that too much light or should i get it cause its cheap and you get the bulbs and everything am not worried about heat cause i have a good vent. and cooling system in my closet its ghetto lol i show so pictures.

dude check this out, go to a hydro shop, they have these ballast's that have like 1 500watt hps or mh adaptable, but also have 2 like 200watt floruos, i know alot of growers dont throw there plants under hps or mh, untill there like 1-2 weeks old, they have them under floruos, try adding some cfl's. also, u threw that one plant into a big pot, usually u wanna go smaller pot so the roots develop and seek out nuterients. also, i would go with a 24 hour lighting regemen until flowering, also i wouldnt use any nutes until that plant goes into flowering.

i live in the U.S. and i cant find a hydro shop near by? i had them plants under floro for 1-about 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom