Help for a rookie grower

ChewStoner

What up yall. Ima rookie grower so please excuse me if my questions are stupid haha. So I was wondering what could be wrong with my plant..the top leaves are curling at the edge and they look bubbly almost (hard to describe) any advise helps, I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. Thanks!

20160202_145744.jpg
20160202_145744.jpg
20160202_145740-2.jpg

I was thinking maybe heat stress. What are the temps and humidity in your area? What kind of lights? The more info, the better.

If it is only on the top leaves, you are likely too close to your light. Tell us more...

Cut off a few leaves and place in a ziplock bag. If you start seeing black spots its mites, which is what it appears to be..

If you suspect mites, check the back side of an infected leaf using magnification (30x or more preferably).

This is what mite damage looks like:

Mites21.jpg
Mites11.jpg

Mmm well looks like a little bit of over feeding !

Not really sure on how often you feed or your dosage at present...

But ye nutrient burn normally appears on the outer edges or tips of the leafs first & that it does appear ya have some real dark green leafs which could lead to nitrogen toxicity if ya not careful... might be pic quality tho ?

But ye information is useful to sort this stuff out :thumb:

I see lots of mite indicators in the last pic. Check the growth closest to your root ball, they get on that stuff first typically so an infestation will be more developed there. When one side of the leaf grows faster than the other it makes the leaf tip curl to one side. Big indicator the plant is dealing with mite stress, check out your new growth as well. I can kind of see a new top forming and it looks quite deformed.

Heat stress I wouldn't expect to see the surrounding leaves so flat. A little info about your light and distance to plants could help rule out light burn, which the crinkle pattern suggests. But that irregular leaf growth is a big mite sign, and I see other specs that look like it could be mite damage too. Looks early stage but again check the bottom growth.

I don't know a lot of nutrient issues which could cause leaf growth like that, but I'm sure there are some. So information about your feeding routine would help diagnose that.

Basically...

Get pics of bottom growth and new tops. Take pics of leaf tips for good measure.
Tell us about your lights and how you're feeding.

Look for mites first. IF it is mites you want to determine thst as fast as possible and begin treatment of cull the plant depending on what you wanna do. Mite infestations move fast though. Sedj's idea is a good one, but as prevention get some neem oil or pyrethrin to spray on the rest of your girls to keep them from spreading. Even if you don't have them it's cheap insurance.

There's a lot that could be going on here.

Sorry for the late reply yall. I'm pretty sure it was heat stress, I fixed up my lights and fan ands it's looking way better. But I'm pretty sure I'm seeing male pretty flowers so it don't matter haha. Thanks for all the advise tho! Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom