Help! Gnat fly issue!

cptmorgan420

Hey everyone, got a pretty serious gnat fly problem at the moment. I've given them a spray with neem
Oil and have some sticky traps set up.

But what's a really good/safe on the plants method to get rid of these little fuckers that are ruining my day.
Not only get rid of them, but always prevent them from coming back

Pleaaaaase help somebody.
image1065.jpeg
image1066.jpeg

Hey everyone, got a pretty serious gnat fly problem at the moment. I've given them a spray with neem
Oil and have some sticky traps set up.

But what's a really good/safe on the plants method to get rid of these little fuckers that are ruining my day.
Not only get rid of them, but always prevent them from coming back

Pleaaaaase help somebody.
I would put up a sticky tape to get the flyers and I would put dryer sheets over the soil in each container to stop the life cycle. It really does work, dryer sheets frustrate the heck out of the little pests.

Here is a 3 part solution for your fungus gnats...

1st... water less, make sure your soil top 1-2" is dry before watering again. Typically fungus gnats flock to a wet/moist soil so by keeping it dry it is less appealing to the gnats...

2nd: yellow sticky cards. Looks like you are using them already. Use a lot of them. I found by ripping them in half you can put them in more areas and get great results. Fungus gnats typically flock to the shaded areas so by placing the stickys on top of your soil, under your foliage willl reap good results. This traps and kills the adult gnats.

3rd: pick up a product with BTi (a bacteria) which will kill the larvae in the soil. Mosquito Dunks is what I use and it is very effective. Use these on every watering for the course of 1 month.

The typical fungus gnat infestation can be brutal, but with the process above you should be able to eliminate them. A fungus gnat life cycle typically lasts about 30 days, and so repeat treatments are necessary to fully eradicate the problem.

I personally have not used DE (Diatomacious earth) but many growers also recommend using DE on your soil to control the gnats.

Back
Top Bottom