help, havent seen this before

ridinghigh

Ive read up on the typical deficiencies and problems but none seem to have the same symptoms. The stems and veins of the leaves are turning red and growth has slowed. I thought it was a phosphorus problem so I treated for that and a week later, new stems are still turning red. Also some leaves began turning yellow/pale green but at a definitive line. Im lost and any help is appreciated. Im in the 2nd week of flowering and trying not to mess up the harvest.

20141205_012120.jpg
20141205_012131.jpg

Hey buddy, what kind of nutes are you using? its important to use ones that are suited for cannabis throughout their grow. Your pics suggest a problem with NPK & mg or a lack of...so you need to add nutes with appropriate npk. If your using good nutes then how much are you adding & is your PH right for the plants to absorb all this? good luck

As J18 says some strains show red stems, so if your NPK etc is right & the plant looks OK then no probs. But make sure.

Im still pretty new and I just bought a ph tester so im waiting for it to come in. I didnt have a single problem during veg. Then I switched to a blooming fert from home depot when I started flowering. As far as the red stems being natural, wouldnt they have been red during veg too, or is it normal for them to turn red during flowering? The yellowing of the leaves slowed after I treated for a phosphorus problem which I guess I didnt even have lol and the new leaves dont seem to be yellowing... yet. if the fert im using isnt good enough or if you need more info about it i could always post a pic of it and the ingredients. So should i try and add more mg or just wait till the ph tester gets here and go from there? And if its a phosphorus abundance should I just wash with r/o water? thanks for the quick replies.

I suppose red stems on certain strains would be visible throughout the grow, ive had red stems during veg for a bit before going green again...but they looked good overall & thats what matters really. PH is hugely important so I hope you get it soon as well as some ph down, you should check out the info on PH on this forum for further info. Im sure your plants will get back on track in no time, dont use overdo it with nutes. Also in flower you want something high in P & low in N & K.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom