Help heat damage

Can anyone tell me what stage it's in this is my first grow
It's in the vegetative stage right now-if you're in California,It will start flowering outdoors around the middle of August,and finish around the middle of October (November for Sativas)-so you're at least 4 months from harvest-if you're in Cali.

I'd leave the leaves on until they are all brown or yellow. Pay attention to the new growth. And keep the pot off of hot tiles and concrete because the roots cannot take that kind of heat.

In N. California, a mostly sativa hybrid will start flowering in early August (about Aug 7) and usually I harvest around October 15. The timeline varies for different strains. What particular plant do you have there?

help she's dying friend put miracle grow

Well you can see there's no Miracle in Miracle Grow. They should re-name it miracle die.

Only thing you can do it transplant into proper soil.

Go get some bagged soil already mixed (not scotts brand) at a garden center and re-pot.

Your first set of pics - the pot was too small for strictly soil grow. You needed more soil, so the 5 gal bucket was good but the miracle grow not so good.

She got hot - I'm in Philly we get 100 degree days almost every day some plants get a little wilty but I keep fans on them.

What your plant was doing in the first set of pics is she was trying to retain her moisture, so they shut the stomata (pours) on the leaves - gives it that wilty look. Watering generously would have helped as long as there was proper drainage in that can she was growing in.

Same with the bucket you need some drain holes in the btm.

If the roots sit in water the plant will die eventually. Drill holes down low on the side of the bucket.

She's burnt from too strong a fertilizer.

How much miracle grow did you give her?

Kinda tough to transplant into another soil right now she's almost fried. IF she lives then I'd transplant into new soil. The bagged stuff you have there already should be fine for a month or so. What soil is that?

Looks like over fertilization - the soil already had some, you added more and she's burning up.

Well you can see there's no Miracle in Miracle Grow. They should re-name it miracle die.

Only thing you can do it transplant into proper soil.

Go get some bagged soil already mixed (not scotts brand) at a garden center and re-pot.

Your first set of pics - the pot was too small for strictly soil grow. You needed more soil, so the 5 gal bucket was good but the miracle grow not so good.

She got hot - I'm in Philly we get 100 degree days almost every day some plants get a little wilty but I keep fans on them.

What your plant was doing in the first set of pics is she was trying to retain her moisture, so they shut the stomata (pours) on the leaves - gives it that wilty look. Watering generously would have helped as long as there was proper drainage in that can she was growing in.

Same with the bucket you need some drain holes in the btm.

If the roots sit in water the plant will die eventually. Drill holes down low on the side of the bucket.

She's burnt from too strong a fertilizer.

How much miracle grow did you give her?

Kinda tough to transplant into another soil right now she's almost fried. IF she lives then I'd transplant into new soil. The bagged stuff you have there already should be fine for a month or so. What soil is that?

Looks like over fertilization - the soil already had some, you added more and she's burning up.

That makes a lot of sense, Bob. The Miracle Grow burn. It's true, it is strong stuff.

Kokeman1987, if it was my plant, I would do what cannabis growers call flushing. You can read about flushing on the web, take a look at growweedeasy.com and search flushing.

To flush, if your pot is say a 5 gal, you will want to pour good ph'd water through the soil to wash out excess nutrients. You need to flush the soil several times, each time with about 5 gallons of pH'd water. I'd do it at least three times and then let her dry out. I've done this myself when I had too much N in the soil. Others do it also with great success.

Alternatively, you will have to replace the soil completely, and you will damage roots in that process.

I'd try flushing first, be patient, and after a few days she might perk up. It's all about the new growth at the tips now, the wilted leaves probably will not bounce back easily.

I think she's in MG soil (?),with the time release nutes,so flushing may not do the trick...
She really needs to be moved into some fresh soil without nutes-not sure how she'd do if transplanted,but it probably won't hurt her more than she is already..

Have you thought of cloning her? You'd get a fresh start with new roots and growth after an initial wait. But you'd have a healthy plant to set in good soil.

always called the stuff miracle kill.

grow one of god's miracles and it will kill it dead.
at this point i don't even think there's enough in it get a viable clone.

i'd try save the whole plant. only if i really had to tho. the only thing left to build on is the current root structure. a clone wouldn't have that support.

ditch the miracle grow soil, replant in good fresh soil for cannabis.
would add a bit more soil than in current bucket
water / no nutes at transplant.
water/feed when new stuff dries up.
send plant good thoughts. play it some happy tunes. pray.

whatever gets it thru.

:goodluck:

^^^What he said..
send plant good thoughts. play it some happy tunes. pray.
And keep it in the shade for a day or two after the transplant (If that's what you end up doing)

Getting late in the season for transplanting tho... might be a good learning tool going forward.

OP - next time ask questions and wait. Plants don't grow all that fast so a day or 2 one way or the other won't make any real big change unless you throw a bunch of fertilizer on it.

Next time just try water and wait and see.

Try growing like your veggies there (without the miracle grow). its a weed so it will grow pretty easy.

Just treat it the same as the veggies - same pot same soil same water.

A seed in a paint can grown outdoors. Don't expect a miracle. lol

Think of it like this, the plant above ground you see, has a root ball the same size in the ground you cant see. Why your veggies look great.

Soil + flushing = not what you think it does.

The reason flushing might not work here is the long-term slow release of the Miracle Kill nutes. It would take a long time for the MG soil to release the chemicals and by then, this girl is gone.

I really don't want to get back into a discussion about what you think of the "concept of flushing", Bob, let's just leave it. You've got your opinions, and everyone else has theirs. :D

I think you're washing away all the micro-organisms that help feed the plant.

Like that "soil food web" thing that hoo-mans are part of.

For starters.

Yeah food for thought.

The only thing that ruins a good crop is a shit ton of water or fire or drought.

I think you're washing away all the micro-organisms that help feed the plant.

That is a good point. I'm not sure it would wash them all away, maybe there could be some left. But it's a valid point and probably true to an extent what you are saying. I guess it is a lesser evil to lose some mycorrhizae and other microorganisms if the plant can be saved from say nitrogen toxicity by washing excess nutes out.

There are many professionals who recommend flushing. For example Arjan Roskam of GHS actually recommends flushing the Arjan's Haze #1 two weeks before flowering and then again a week or so before harvest. That is in his video on AH#1. Is he wrong? Would there never be any benefit to flushing, Bob?

Back
Top Bottom