Help help help! Start of bud rot and need the ingredients solution

That's the thing about
mega dense and mega heavy, had a cola bigger than my leg!

It's a moisture-trap. Plants transpire moisture. When this moisture is trapped inside a dense bud structure, things like rot can occur because this environment creates zones of high localized humidity - even if the overall humidity of a grow room is low.

It's a moisture-trap. Plants transpire moisture. When this moisture is trapped inside a dense bud structure, things like rot can occur because this environment creates zones of high localized humidity - even if the overall humidity of a grow room is low.

So logically when the buds get dense one should lower the humidity as much as possible, then, no? I would think that at the very end of flowering when you don't care about the leaves anymore you could use a dehumidifier to take the RH WAY down.

And again, logically, you would want as much air circulation over those dense buds to help them to lose the excess moisture, no?

I lost a bud that was "only" as big as a beer can to rot, and it broke my heart. I'm still cogitating about how to stop that from happening again...

i did have enough airflow through them, just where one or two buds where the fan leaves had died back into the bud.

i got 15oz from a 4x4 twice and im hoping i get more this time around!

there hanging in a tent now with the extractor running low and a fan on low speed on the bottom but not facing them.

So logically when the buds get dense one should lower the humidity as much as possible, then, no?

Within reason, of course. But I think it's the part about moving fresh air through the buds that's most important. But it seems like - after a certain point - where density/size is concerned, one must sort of hope for the best, lol. I think, in general, when growing high-density (so to speak) strains, more smaller buds is a better way than buds that are fewer in number but larger. There is less distance (inside the bud) for any moisture to travel (I am probably wording that badly ;) ) - and if one does lose a bud to an issue, it is a much smaller percentage of the total harvest.

Not really. When I placed my buds in a jar I wasn't able to burp bcuz I work to much. I came home and noticed a little fuzz on some of my nugs. Instead of tossing it I just made some CCO and it came out good.

So your oil is full of fungal byproducts and spores. Sorry, but that's just gross and potentially unhealthy. .

Chuck them funky buds and try again!
Not really. When I placed my buds in a jar I wasn't able to burp bcuz I work to much. I came home and noticed a little fuzz on some of my nugs. Instead of tossing it I just made some CCO and it came out good.

Not to be argumentative, but "came out good" and "made from moldy buds" don't mesh for me. But enjoy! ;)

went through all the buds again this morning to find no rot and there drying nicely at 21c rh 50-60%.
IMG_20170807_212000.jpg
IMG_20170807_212029.jpg
IMG_20170807_212052.jpg
IMG_20170807_212346.jpg
IMG_20170807_212920.jpg
IMG_20170807_212926.jpg
IMG_20170807_213624.jpg
IMG_20170808_101810.jpg
IMG_20170808_101823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom