Help! High temperatures in tent in final flowering

I do vent outside. Just don't use an extraction fan. If you put enough air into the tent then venting is a given. I push air in and it pushes air out into my duct and outside. I wasn't trying to call any names only that everyone that regurgitates these 30 year old grow Bible excerpts have less knowledge of what is actually required than someone who has done it both ways. I spent the money on fans and all the other crap people said I had to have. For my second, third and fourth tents I did it my way. In no way is there any difference in my plants, temps, harvest, or quality. My leaves don't claw or canoe and growth is wide open. I only suggest that If needed a fan blowing on your plants isn't going to hurt them as much as high temps. And in my experience has never hurt them at all. Your pushing maybe a 1/4 of the air I am through my cabs. I've never had any problems. But it's whatever. If your plants have problems with wind then do it your way.

I generally don't like to participate in drama, but I think everyone just needs to roll one up & chill. This forum, to me, is to learn from *all* the *different ways* people are successful. There's no reason to call bullshit on another person's growing experience. It's wonderful if it works for you but name calling is just negative. No one, especially a newbie that might need help needs to see this. Just my 2 cents and I'm out. Happy greens to everyone!

Very well said, vesp. :bravo:

Hello guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

I have a potent extractor and a passive intake, I have negative pressure inside the tent because the walls get push inside (I hope you understand what I mean). But still temperatures are high, the only way is an ac (which I don't have and also, I had to connect thermostat for that).

So as far as I don't get in any trouble, I'll wait for my aired reflector and until them only 250W HPS for the 5 by 5 foot tent from far away (45 cm away from he plants).

Hi guanxo. Sorry your thread got hi-jacked. I'll try my best to not get involved in that BS again.
I was running into a bit of a heat prob myself now too. Not as bad as your situation, but here is what I did to help the situation. My passive intake is ducted. I put in a 7-8 foot section of ducting into a bottom port on my tent. If the tent is a bit cool, I place the open end of the duct as close to the ceiling as needed to bring in warmer air. If too hot, I put the open end of the duct at floor level, to bring in cooler air. If that isn't enough I turn on the portable AC. But there is one more little trick that I used before I brought the AC into the room.
With the intake duct at or close to floor level, I place a large bowl full of water with a small towel in it right in front of the intake duct. I then drape the wet towel over the open intake, with the bottom of the towel still in the bowl. This way, when the air is sucked in through the duct, it evaporates water on the towel, and cools the air. (the towel also acts as a filter) On the downside, it will raise rh a bit, but the exhaust should take care of most of that.
I'm sure there are others out there with helpful ideas for you.
Anybody?

You know I've never seen negative pressure in nature.. how weird is it that they grow all the same? And sometimes I wonder how any outdoor plants grow at all with the wind hitting the buds? Seems like they all would be windburned. . . See my point? Quit making it seem harder than it is. It's actually quite easy to grow. Again just because someone said it take it with a grain of salt. Even me. Trust but verify.

The reason for negative pressure is for scent control inside the tent. If ur tents blown up like a balloon it will leak the scent of the plants through out the tent. Negative pressure through a filter helps control this issue. Only reason I've seen for negative pressure imo

The reason for negative pressure is for scent control inside the tent. If ur tents blown up like a balloon it will leak the scent of the plants through out the tent. Negative pressure through a filter helps control this issue. Only reason I've seen for negative pressure imo

I agree with you for the most part. I use tents because I want to control the environment both inside and outside the tent. Not only would odor leak out from a ballooned tent, but also humidity and warm air. I want to keep my living quarters as seperate from my grow as possible. I keep thinking about the possibilities of mold from warm moist air. So I use negative pressure and exhaust to the great outdoors to tackle that.
I'm not really paranoid about that, but I figure better to be preventive than reactive.
:green_heart:

Again there is no heat or air blowing into my room. It is all ducted outside. Now as for scent control , I don't bother. Most people cover the scent of their plants up then fire up a bowl in the living room. As for me I have no need to cover up my scent as it's legal. So I wonder why anyone would cover up scents unless they were illegal. Which is fine, but if you don't have too I wouldn't. I like the smell. But to each his/her own. The only difference in my tent and yours is I save alot of money not needing an exhaust fan/scrubber. I still port the air outside. With my home ac off I only get a 1°F rise in temps ever 4 hours. Which is more than manageable. My led doesn't put out much heat(still it's vented outside)

I know a lot of people who would love to walk by ur house an get a wiff :( you'd go away for a few days come home all ur plants an gear be gone sadly. There's more then 1 reason to wana be stealthy. Or nosy neighbors calling the cops cause they smell weed while if ur legal using a big issue it's still s royal pain in the ass to deal with.

Hi there,

Temperatures outside are getting really high, I am growing in a tent with a 400 W and an electronic ballast.

I need to do something for 3 days until I receive my new air ventilated reflector to lower the temperatures inside my tent.

My lights are dimmed to 250 w instead of 400 w for my 5 by 5 foot tent (90 cm x 90 cm tent). My question is: could something bad (other than getting less grams) happen to my plants for getting little lights at the latest stage of flowering (day 45 from switching to 12/12) for 5 or 6 days? Meaning: hermies, etc.

I need the expert help here!!

I have a journal post in this forum, that is the tent where I have the issue, it is a scrog. Here a picture from today:
420-magazine-mobile941532638.jpg

Thanks!!
mate !!!!

how did it turn ????

i am 4 week in flower
she refused to start flower

check my grow

I grow in the summer in very hot conditions......averages 90 but ranges from 80 to 100 with high humidity. Not ideal, but it still works. Obviously, if you are aiming to control all variables to the ideal you will not stand for 95 degree temps. But in my situation I have to take what I can get and like I say, results have not been disappointing.
can i have some advice mate ???? regarding flower in hot weather

pls check ma grow

i put so much effort to it

Hi guanxo. Sorry your thread got hi-jacked. I'll try my best to not get involved in that BS again.
I was running into a bit of a heat prob myself now too. Not as bad as your situation, but here is what I did to help the situation. My passive intake is ducted. I put in a 7-8 foot section of ducting into a bottom port on my tent. If the tent is a bit cool, I place the open end of the duct as close to the ceiling as needed to bring in warmer air. If too hot, I put the open end of the duct at floor level, to bring in cooler air. If that isn't enough I turn on the portable AC. But there is one more little trick that I used before I brought the AC into the room.
With the intake duct at or close to floor level, I place a large bowl full of water with a small towel in it right in front of the intake duct. I then drape the wet towel over the open intake, with the bottom of the towel still in the bowl. This way, when the air is sucked in through the duct, it evaporates water on the towel, and cools the air. (the towel also acts as a filter) On the downside, it will raise rh a bit, but the exhaust should take care of most of that.
I'm sure there are others out there with helpful ideas for you.
Anybody?
please check ma grow

im in big trouble regarding temp

Back
Top Bottom