Help! Hydroponic DWC Seed to Rockwool

Would you advise to leave a gap of space from water or just fill so much of the cup up with water u til she is much larger?

Not sure I understand the question. If you pump water from the reservoir up to the "pebbles" (I assume you're using hydroton expanded clay), that will keep the hydroton hydrated without it being in contact with the water in the reservoir.

But hydroton actually wicks water from pebble to pebble, so you can actually skip the complexity of "top feed" just by immersing the base of the pot and the bottom layer of pebbles in the reservoir itself. (If you go this way, be sure to keep a close watch on that water level, though, until the roots climb down into the res.)

Not sure I understand the question. If you pump water from the reservoir up to the "pebbles" (I assume you're using hydroton expanded clay), that will keep the hydroton hydrated without it being in contact with the water in the reservoir.

But hydroton actually wicks water from pebble to pebble, so you can actually skip the complexity of "top feed" just by immersing the base of the pot and the bottom layer of pebbles in the reservoir itself. (If you go this way, be sure to keep a close watch on that water level, though, until the roots climb down into the res.)
Perfect. That's what I was wondering. Was told a few different things from leaving the water level a inch under the basket to filling the water level up submerging the pebbles a few inches.

I would rather have some air there with a inch gap between water level and basket.

Can't wait get this done so I know for next time. I like asking questions but not this many lol

I like asking questions but not this many lol

There are always more questions. ;)

> I would rather have some air there with a inch gap between water level and basket.

You can always just change the level of the reservoir as you go, of course (though as a rule, the more volume in the reservoir the better since more liquid = more stability).

So I really have no idea what is going on.

5 days ago I moved her into the hydro setup. She was in a solo cup for about 9 days.

Here she is 5 days ago:

420-magazine-mobile2025796986.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1537461160.jpg

And now she is no further ahead. In fact today I notice yellowing on the first 2 petal leaves that are under the bigger leaves.

The plant is no bigger

The water level is just above the basket giving more water to the pebbles

No growth or anything and no signs of roots.

Should I take it out and lower her more into the basket?

Here is a photo taken tonight. 5 days after transplant:

420-magazine-mobile1876998573.jpg

420-magazine-mobile13624156.jpg

The stem is standing on its own.. If I give it a little flick she doesn't go down, she isn't dead yet but I think she will be if this isn't fixed

The cotyledons ("seed leaves") shrivel and fall away eventually naturally.

Are the roots wet and getting balanced nutrients? If so, it'll start growing.

I just stumbled across this thread and saw the plant with all the roots... nice.

First off. Rock wool is the lapdog of Satan. I will never use it again. Scientific is right. Use Rapid Rooters. Now to contradict that. Hydro Is a sterile procedure. Starting your plants in dirt is not a good idea. First of all washing away the dirt seriously Jack's up your roots. Start you plant in a medium and leave it there. If youre cloning then bare roots in clay will work, but you need to take care they don't dry out. the I'm sure it's worked. But, there's all sorts of stuff in dirt that should never be in an environment like hydro. Do not use anything organic until you are absolutely sure you don't wind up with Lilly pads in your res.

When your first leaves turn yellow you should be feeding your plants.

All the plants I have ever grown in hydro started in soil n always ran fine I have tried the cubes witch messed up my grow cuz one cought mold n another was infested with bugs with a brand new pack from the hydro store but have ceen it works fine I just had a bad experience these plants started in soil n went in to a dwc went fine no hiccups
95183bccdcd71e0e3c06f765ef8c8582.jpg

But everyone has there way that works . Mine is seedling clone etc start out in solo cup a week or 2 witch dnt have many roots at all then strait into a dwc worked fine I have done it to 18 plants on 3rd grow now but still learning will try the cubes again thoe

N as for organic in hydro hells no yes it has beficial bacteria but u dnt want anything green in ur water thats y u have to change ur water weekly to keep things afloat n for get ur hydrogurd sm90 h202 to maintain water clean during the meantime

All the plants I have ever grown in hydro started in soil n always ran fine I have tried the cubes witch messed up my grow cuz one cought mold n another was infested with bugs with a brand new pack from the hydro store but have ceen it works fine I just had a bad experience these plants started in soil n went in to a dwc went fine no hiccups
95183bccdcd71e0e3c06f765ef8c8582.jpg
As i said... im sure it will work, but its dicey. Its no secret that hydro should be sterile. Im glad it worked for you both seasons. If you had bugs from a brand new package of rockwool you did something wrong

Dude I tried to figure it out but I did some research n found I wasn't the only one in this world having the same prob . It was def contaminated from the were house but still not 100 percent shur

N as for organic in hydro hells no yes it has beficial bacteria but u dnt want anything green in ur water thats y u have to change ur water weekly to keep things afloat n for get ur hydrogurd sm90 h202 to maintain water clean during the meantime
Having a hard time reading this...

You shouldn't have to change your water weekly. Read your plants. If they are liking what they have then top it off and keep going. A nutrient change can be traumatic for a plant. If it's doing well leave it alone

And ABSOLUTELY use Hydroguard or z7 in between changes. Use peroxide only in emergencies, and be sure never to mix peroxide and a too inoculant

Dude I tried to figure it out but I did some research n found I wasn't the only one in this world having the same prob . It was def contaminated from the were house but still not 100 percent shur
Pretty amazing. I don't like Rockwool. I'm not defending it, I've used it quite a bit, but I will never use it again. I've just never heard of bugs in it. I mean it's its cotton candy made of glass what would a bug want with it?

Pretty amazing. I don't like Rockwool. I'm not defending it, I've used it quite a bit, but I will never use it again. I've just never heard of bugs in it. I mean it's its cotton candy made of glass what would a bug want with it?
Dude it was crazy I'm thinking they wasn't stored properly .just like I herd if soil don't get stored well it may have all kinds of bad juju in that bag

I have tried to go longer then a week but will not work due to my water temp thinking of adding a chiller to save me the hassle but thanks for the lesson takin notes
If you are using a reservoir i have a cheap and easy way to cool your nutes. But you have to have a reservoir.

Try Hydroguard or Flying Skull's Z7. I have never used Z7 but it's wildly popular here.

Naww man I was even sticking frozen water bottles but dam that was hell to keep up with n me being a stoner I threw the bottle in with the rapping so I even had paper patter in my waster never again jajajjajajaah but I was planing on joinin 2 five gal buckets together just can't fine nothing at my Lowe's store to get it done so I can have a res but Wat's ur idea on a coolin the nutes cuz a chiller is wat a few hundreds shyt I'm on a budget n that a hyt to the ribs ...

Back
Top Bottom