Help, I can’t get in to support my plants, what can I do?

Newgrower93

As my title suggests I have encountered a problem with my grow due to lack of experience. I have 25 large cannabis plants in an indoor room I unfortunately flipped them a little late and they have become very large bush’s, up until now I have been able to remove the plants from the room to water them but now this is no longer an option, I have made a long pipe so I can reach them all to water them but I can’t get in too support the tops when they eventually bud, does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to help support the buds or will they be safe to just support each other? I know this is a newb question but I didn’t think I would end up with plants so large, they are just entering there second week of flower and are already about 1.5 meters high and a meter wide each plant. Any advice will be helpful thank you

You can only get so much bud in any given area, based on a lot of factors including the quality of your lighting. If yield was based on amount of foliage per square foot then it would be easy wouldn’t it? If things are so overcrowded that you can’t even operate, you are not gaining anything from this and will actually end up wasting your time and reducing your yield - from multiple problems. It’s rather important that the grower be able to function in the room, not to mention the plants. My suggestion would be to drastically trim things back, and probably remove several plants so you can operate in there, and so the plants have airflow and access to light.
As for supporting them, tomato cages work great, or you can jam stakes in the pots to attach stems to, or you can introduce scrog screens at any point. Personally I’d go for the first option.

This is the scale of my problem I just want to know if I leave them as it is, will the buds support each other or will I have to do something about them? Thank you for you advice though

This is the scale of my problem I just want to know if I leave them as it is, will the buds support each other or will I have to do something about them? Thank you for you advice though
Damn!. You went all in huh lol. Listen to WC man. You could probably do well removing a few of them and streamline it a little. Maybe so you could get em to one side more so you got enough space to shimmy down to the back and address any problems.
As mr weasel cracker said a lot of the time unless you know you can keep it under wraps overcrowding will end up reducing yields. For example unless you got some kick ass ventilation fans and a couple fans blowing through that canopy bud rot is a big risk. I dont think support is gonna be your problem. Managing the rest of the grow will be without being able to get in and around your girls.

I see what you're saying. Is this the first time you've ever grown or have you done it before cos they look in pretty good health tbh. you seem to have done well keeping an even canopy aswell.
Thank you for the advice I’ll try get in to babboo them tbh I didn’t expect all the seeds too work which has led me to this problem

I see what you're saying. Is this the first time you've ever grown or have you done it before cos they look in pretty good health tbh. you seem to have done well keeping an even canopy aswell.
Thank you, no I’ve had multiple small grows before but nothing on this scale, I’ve done this many to help 2 other friends but I’ve now ended up with this problem

Fairplay. The things we do for friends ay. I hope they f***in appreciate it and you make sure they get their chopping fingers ready while you sit back and watch em snip away until they get arthritis lol
Thank you, no I’ve had multiple small grows before but nothing on this scale, I’ve done this many to help 2 other friends but I’ve now ended up with this problem

You're welcome bud. @Weaselcracker helped most i just confirmed for him :) blessings. Stick around bro. I suggest starting up a journal. You'll get help popping outta everywhere. Or if ya curious about anything just pop the question or hit the search bar, chances are the questions been asked before.
That’s the plan I’m happy to grow all day long they can deal with the chopping lol, thank you for the advice though

You can only get so much bud in any given area, based on a lot of factors including the quality of your lighting. If yield was based on amount of foliage per square foot then it would be easy wouldn’t it? If things are so overcrowded that you can’t even operate, you are not gaining anything from this and will actually end up wasting your time and reducing your yield - from multiple problems. It’s rather important that the grower be able to function in the room, not to mention the plants. My suggestion would be to drastically trim things back, and probably remove several plants so you can operate in there, and so the plants have airflow and access to light.
As for supporting them, tomato cages work great, or you can jam stakes in the pots to attach stems to, or you can introduce scrog screens at any point. Personally I’d go for the first option.
Thanks for the advice

It goes against the grain to chop plants, at least at first, but there’s no good choice in the matter, and it’s just part of the job if you want a decent grow. The crowding is only going to get much worse over the next week or two. You can leave most of the job till after they’re done stretching and start showing small buds. Just do what damage control you need to do to have working room for now. They’ll sort out their own pecking order to some extent, with a little help to even out the canopy height. Then after the stretch thin the plants out so you have room to move, remove the shaded lower growth and creat airflow. Aim for one decent budsite every 4”, roughly speaking.

As for whether the ‘buds will support each other’ - no. As for whether the plants will support their own buds- that varies. It depends a lot on whether they have had a lot of chance to strengthen while growing. Movement fans are what are generally used in the grow for this. The plants get stronger from the wind they create, and without it they tend to show their weakness after mid flowering when the buds get heavy and flop downwards. In that case you’ll need the support you were asking about.
Overcrowding also increases the chance that the plants will be weaker.

You plants look happy though. :thumb:

Buds supporting each other.... Glad that finally got covered :rofl::rofl:

Buds supporting each other.... Glad that finally got covered :rofl::rofl:
No real need to be like that as I’m a relatively new grower and have never completed a grow of this size, I understand it may seem like a stupid question to you but everyone has to learn somewhere

Mate I'm wasn't joking;and I'm not not making fun of you.. I was seriously glad it got covered, as that's what I was going to mention..I now ignore you... Best of luck.... I guess.....:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom