Help I don't know what's wrong with my plants

you all are forgetting that he said the soil was pH adjusted to the high end... near 7. Sounds like soil to me and sort of looks like miracle grow in the container. I definitely see a nute uptake problem, but I think the "root" cause is from damaging the lower roots because of watering too often.
I didn't forget that, but he also listed the ingredients - coco peat (which I assume is the same thing most just call coco), perlite, and worm castings. Is it common in other places to add things to the bag and not list them? I don't know what would cause the pH adjustment in this case >.>
Idk, I guess we need more/better pictures, because I have never seen a miracle grow soil that looks like that. My mom still religiously uses MG, and I used it for a very long time, half of my houseplants are still in it from years ago.

look carefully at the ingredients list in Roots Organic potting soil and you will also find coco listed... it is a common fiber used to hold soil together and help with moisture retention.
I am not claiming that coco cannot be in soil. Coco, peat, even together can be in soil. But if coco, perlite and wormcasting is ALL that is in the bag, then it isn't soil. That is all I am saying. The bag can claim it's balanced soil, and it can claim 7ish pH. But if the only things in it are those three ingredients, then I just can't see how the claims can be right >.>

My pot feels pretty light and my new ph meter and ph up&down should be here tomorrow.
Also here are the pics of the plants now.
I am thinking I should water them this weekend and of course ph balance the water beforehand.
The question is, should I add nutes to the water or not?

20210527_133033.jpg

20210527_133026.jpg

20210527_133016.jpg

Weed needs NPK which is in your hyponex nutes, but it also needs calcium & magnesium. Check your nute labels to see if cal-mag is included, the 2 larger plants appear to have deficiency. Also the drip trays under the pots.... feed to slight run off but don’t let the containers sit in a puddle of runoff water that can be reabsorbed by the soil.

I think the bigger 2 plants are calling for nutrients but don’t just jump on my word but rather wait to see what other replies come in and weigh your options

Weed needs NPK which is in your hyponex nutes, but it also needs calcium & magnesium. Check your nute labels to see if cal-mag is included, the 2 larger plants appear to have deficiency. Also the drip trays under the pots.... feed to slight run off but don’t let the containers sit in a puddle of runoff water that can be reabsorbed by the soil.

I think the bigger 2 plants are calling for nutrients but don’t just jump on my word but rather wait to see what other replies come in and weigh your options
I was worried about the cal-mag as well and ordered me a bottle of local cal-mag.
Also when I water them, I take them out of the closet, take them in to the bathroom, take them out of the trays and water them slowly. Then let it sit for a few mins until water runoff is to a minimum. Also the pot has legs on them and there's about an inch of space between the bottom holes and the tray, which should help with water not going back in to the pot.

I think you might be right about the deficiency, so I will be feeding them this weekend with my nutes as well as the cal-mag but ph adjust them this time around.

Back
Top Bottom