Help! I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and I'm loosing my plant

leftout420

High Guys/Girls!

I hope I'm in the right section of the forum (first time ever in a forum so sorry if I'm not :( ) but I'm having some questions and some fears lately about my cannabis plant, This is my first ever cannabis plant and I started with 1 so I can get some experience out of it.

I have some pests questions and some nutrient questions as well I'm gonna give you guys some examples with photos and hope my questions and fear will be answered and fixed.

(if you need more info just let me know)
I'm from Canada but right now I'm in south america for the winter and the cannabis here is not good at all(compared to Canada) so i decided to grow my own Organic feminized Cali OG kush x Haze from crop king seeds 70% sativa, I'm growing it outside in pots she is having light from 6:30am to 9:00pm and she is receiving minimum 10h of direct sun light, I first poted her on November 18 and I'm using organic super soil and if I'm not mistaking I took the super soil recipe here on the 420 magazine forum, the only 2 things i could not find where I'm staying was bloodmeal and bat guano(i took turkey guano instead) and i left the soil mix cook for 30 days and it have live warms in it.

I transplanted it 1 month ago in a 5gallon pot (and have a 10 gallon one if i need to transplant it again) and when i did she was not rootbound, so here is where my fears starts!
i thought that she was growing slowly but i thought it was natural and I didn't pay much attention to it before reading yesterday the threat "What are some causes of slow plant growth" by Fallen Cannabis Warrior and I noticed that it might not be as natural as i thought so here is a photo of my baby up to date

(P.S I used the F.Ming Technic on her and accidentally toped her 1 time so far(yes accidentally toped it lol)

27393418_1564192713665884_1320345363_o.jpg

and here is a pic of the main stem (the wight powder is bone meal that i added in her water yesterday)
27393285_1564191343666021_1463733201_o.jpg

my first fear is that she is growing too slowly (in my opinion compared to all the other cannabis pictures i have seen out there) she is already 68 days old to be exact.

27336044_1564191723665983_1843431146_o.jpg

she is 20 inch high and she have 4 secondary stems, I don't think she is over watered because i don't see any sign of it on the plant i haven't been able to find a PH tester yet so i can not tell you what is the ph level of the soil

here is a pic of 2 of the 4 tops
27330481_1564190080332814_530843956_o.jpg

so Nutrient deficiency is my number 1 fear because like i said i feel like she is growing slowly (but she is growing steady)
and let me know what i should do if that's the problem because happily i found a new store in my city where they sell a lot of organic and hydroponic supplements

Here is my second concern!

I had a leafhopper problem a few days ago (thats why she got yellow leafs) and i was able (miraculously) to find neem oil here and got rid of them but my question is... should I get rid of the leafs affected by the leafshoppers?

here is some pics of the damage
27484431_1564190470332775_722530526_o.jpg

27398639_1564190283666127_1315300371_o.jpg

here is my third concern

I have no idea if its more secondary stems or its just a waste of energy so let me know if i should get rid of it or just leave it there

27537382_1564191283666027_2021350913_o.jpg

here is my forth concern

I was planing on using the F.Ming Technic again on the 4 secondary stems before the flowering stage begin let me know if that's a bad idea or not (P.S the F.ming Technic worker really good last time)

Thank you very much for reading this and if you have any advice or tips that are not related to my concerns PLEASE feel free to comment! I'M a noob and i know it and I'm here to learn the most i can

Much LOVE:circle-of-love:

Plant looks good. You will want to get her into the ground or a bigger pot asap, before she goes into flower. Try and bury some of her main stalk. Neem again in 5 days and in 10. Then in 2 weeks remove infected leaves. Not a good idea to remove them before there is substantial new growth with unaffected leaves. If it were a bigger bushier plant I'd day go ahead, but that's not the case here.

No deficiency at all! She will do very well for you. Don't forget outdoor grows normally take about 6 months. So your right on track!

Plant looks good. You will want to get her into the ground or a bigger pot asap, before she goes into flower. Try and bury some of her main stalk. Neem again in 5 days and in 10. Then in 2 weeks remove infected leaves. Not a good idea to remove them before there is substantial new growth with unaffected leaves. If it were a bigger bushier plant I'd day go ahead, but that's not the case here.

No deficiency at all! She will do very well for you. Don't forget outdoor grows normally take about 6 months. So your right on track!

Thank you so much for the reply!

yeah i was thinking about transplanting her in about a week in a 10 gallon pot (i don't want to transplant her in the ground because i don't want her to get huge and attract attention of the neighbors)

and thank you for the leafhopper and neem advice, i looked everywhere on the internet to know if i should remove the affected leafs or not, but didn't find any answers to my question :thanks:

Is it a problem that she is not bushier ?

thanks again for taking your time to answer me it is much appreciated :Namaste:

Sure thing. I'm not too worried about her structure! What I would suggest is some LST, low stress training. Get those two main shoots above the top you did, going sideways / horizontally. Then the plant will start growing tops from those 2 tops if that makes sense....

yeah i was planing to start doing that but i wasn't sure wen to start... right now i got 4 tops heres a picture about it
27335576_1564191786999310_97600384_o.jpg

i got the 2 on top and the 2 on the lower part of the plant... should i do some LST on the 4 of them or just on the 2 top ones?

and thanks again for the help dude !

Okay Left out.

The Orange ugly line I drew is the "top" of your lower 2 arms.

You want slowly and gently bend the other two dominant or "apical" arms down until they are the same height as the lower 2. Maybe just spread them today. Then tomorrow get them fully down.

87599b2e7d35a228e7abd7bf27391516.jpg

Always try to water an hour or 2 before training as the extra drink helps the plants cell walls flex more easily.

Then once you have them trained out and nice and flat the plant will begin to compensate and redistribute it's auxins, or hormones that tell the plant which arms will be top colas. The plant will also begin to turn up to the light. That's a good sign. Every 2 or 3 days just keep training outward. And eventually those bottom 2 arms will be the tallest. Once they overtake the upper two arms, start their training also.

I would like to see you train them out for a few days then maybe Sunday or early next week aim to get them into that new big 25 gallon pot

Holly shit your amazing! hope everyone on this forum is as amazing as you!

okay now I understand, I will start doing that today after i water her!

And btw the orange line is perfect LOL thanks for taking the time to draw that for me I appreciate it more than you can imagine

:Namaste:

(P.S i will keep this threat up to date with the future development)

Okay Left out.

The Orange ugly line I drew is the "top" of your lower 2 arms.

You want slowly and gently bend the other two dominant or "apical" arms down until they are the same height as the lower 2. Maybe just spread them today. Then tomorrow get them fully down.

87599b2e7d35a228e7abd7bf27391516.jpg

Always try to water an hour or 2 before training as the extra drink helps the plants cell walls flex more easily.

Then once you have them trained out and nice and flat the plant will begin to compensate and redistribute it's auxins, or hormones that tell the plant which arms will be top colas. The plant will also begin to turn up to the light. That's a good sign. Every 2 or 3 days just keep training outward. And eventually those bottom 2 arms will be the tallest. Once they overtake the upper two arms, start their training also.

I would like to see you train them out for a few days then maybe Sunday or early next week aim to get them into that new big 25 gallon pot

here is the result of what i understood... just bended them a bit for today and will continues through the weekend :)

27398591_1564462803638875_1632108822_o.jpg

Hope I'm a good young padawan.

thanks again

here is the result of what i understood... just bended them a bit for today and will continues through the weekend :)

27398591_1564462803638875_1632108822_o.jpg

Hope I'm a good young padawan.

thanks again
Beautiful! I would leave her be until tomorrow. I can't tell what you tied them down with but be sure it isn't too thin as it can cut through the stems. Fishing line will cut right through them for example... So if it's something similar you should look for plastic coated wire, twist ties or hemp string....

But very well done! You should see the lower arms starting to catch up and side growth starting to go vertical on the trained arms. Just keep checking in and if I miss it you can pm me or post in my journal

Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Beautiful! I would leave her be until tomorrow. I can't tell what you tied them down with but be sure it isn't too thin as it can cut through the stems. Fishing line will cut right through them for example... So if it's something similar you should look for plastic coated wire, twist ties or hemp string....

But very well done! You should see the lower arms starting to catch up and side growth starting to go vertical on the trained arms. Just keep checking in and if I miss it you can pm me or post in my journal

Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Thanks for your wisdom Master!
Yes I changed the strings today, Yesterday i didn't have anything else than fishing line so I started with that but today went and buy some hemplike strings and changed them.

And yes I will keep you posted on the future developments of this baby :thanks:

Looking great! I have a question also for madDabber. What would be the difference between super cropping and just tieing her down? Thank in advance.
Supercropping is what you actually damage the plant tissue and stem wall intentionally. When the plant repairs itself a knuckle forms at the spot and often woods over creating a hub for water and nutrients to flow from. Supercropping is done by gently rolling the stem between your fingers and pinching until the stem is softened and then gently bending the stem until you can hear a bit of a snap.

Supercropping is high stress training similar to topping. And when done to the highest growth redistributes auxins (hormones) that tell the plant to develop other growth. When the apical or top most growth is removed lowered or injured the hormones will redistribute in order to give the plant it a best chance of reproduction.

Tying the branches down is one of many ways of low stress training. It DOSENT slow the growth of the plant nearly as much as high stress training but effectively accomplishes the same goal of sending hormones back down the stalk to other growths.

Anytime a highest growth is brought down near 90 degrees or below other growth points, the hormones will begin to distribute.

The more evenly (or flat) you can train a plant the more tops or colas you will produce. And essentially the more quality buds! This is far more important indoors as lights don't have near the same penatration as the sun. However most outdoor growers will take advantage of training in one form or another.

Supercropping is what you actually damage the plant tissue and stem wall intentionally. When the plant repairs itself a knuckle forms at the spot and often woods over creating a hub for water and nutrients to flow from. Supercropping is done by gently rolling the stem between your fingers and pinching until the stem is softened and then gently bending the stem until you can hear a bit of a snap.

Supercropping is high stress training similar to topping. And when done to the highest growth redistributes auxins (hormones) that tell the plant to develop other growth. When the apical or top most growth is removed lowered or injured the hormones will redistribute in order to give the plant it a best chance of reproduction.

Tying the branches down is one of many ways of low stress training. It DOSENT slow the growth of the plant nearly as much as high stress training but effectively accomplishes the same goal of sending hormones back down the stalk to other growths.

Anytime a highest growth is brought down near 90 degrees or below other growth points, the hormones will begin to distribute.

The more evenly (or flat) you can train a plant the more tops or colas you will produce. And essentially the more quality buds! This is far more important indoors as lights don't have near the same penatration as the sun. However most outdoor growers will take advantage of training in one form or another.
Thx for the quick and deep info on the differences between. I'm a noob grower and tried the different ways. With prettu good results. Check out my previous grow
Thx again !

Back
Top Bottom