Help I need advice from an electrical engineer

I would guess you fried it. Sticking that 15 kg mag on the side likely put too much draw on the little windings that turn the wheel. Good luck with the electric company, their probably gonna be pissed.
Well thanks for the boost if confidence mate lol. Im kinda thinking I've just hit the jackpot though. It's prepay so I know how long it lasts. Although the screen is gone so I can't see my balance I'm almost positive it should've run out last night to this morning somewhere. If it's still on by 9am tomorrow then I'm in the clear. And just broke the counter. Which is what I'm now thinking. Praying lol

That'd be nice lol. I know stealing electricity gets cracked down on pretty hard in some places though.
Next inspection is in 2021 mate.
Untill then there is literally no way they can tell without me Informing them.
It's a prepay meter so it never gets checked other than the 5 year mark.
Only gotta get through the next 5 weeks roughly then I'll be stripping out for the winter anyway.
If I make it that far haha.
To be fair, I think I'm just gonn risk it.
If it breaks down I'll take the day off and tell the mrs to keep herself busy.
She's an absolute liability in stressful situations.
Me though, I've sold everything from unmentionables , time share luxury appartments, Chinese takeaways , prostitutes and everything inbetween.

I'm reasonably sure I can tell a leccy guy the machine just broke down, while I've got an attic full of weed, if I need to.

Yaaaaasss!!!!!!!

ive just sussed it!!!!!!!

all I need to do is get rid of the 2 Coco plants and they're lights.
Switch the extractor fan for my shitty 60 sheeter. That's easy.
Then I've just got a 600w HP's and a 4 plant, 20L , NFT reservoir to get caught with.
thats a £350 fine :)
I'll get my Coco plants back and 1000w (actual) of leds so who gives a fuck about the pitiful loss and the pitiful fine.
well worth the risk for only half a crop and a £70 light :)

Thanks guys, I'm at a bit of a paradox to be honest.

"What happens when an unmovable object meets an unstoppable force?"

Apparently an unsolvable question because each cancells the other out.
Yet here we are....

my attic is the unmovable object and the law is the unstoppable force.

The answer is that unmovable object wins untill it meets the u stoppable force!!!

HOLY FUCK!!!

I NEED TO GO STUDY PHILOSOPHY !!
HAHA:Rasta:

I'm guessing that the "only gets inspected every five years" thing generally applies to meters that are being fed money on a semi-regular basis for homes that are listed as being occupied. "Back in the day" before computers and other electronic devices became common, this kind of thing might require LOTS of manpower to police. But these days, it'd be pretty simple indeed to write some code that'd query databases regularly and output a nice report (once per month, maybe?) titled "Occupied Residences Not Currently Prepaying for Electrical Service" to an office employee. Then, instead of the 1950s method - sending people to check every house/meter - they can send a few or even one person out, armed with a specific list of likely offenders to check.

I could have probably written the software back in 1983 on my Commodore 64, lol, come to think of it. But the rest of the infrastructure exists now to take advantage of such code, unlike back then.

Then I've just got a 600w HP's and a 4 plant, 20L , NFT reservoir to get caught with.
thats a £350 fine :)

Cool, looks like you're looking at a potential small-cultivation fine as just another cost of doing business. One thing, though: What's the potential fine for theft of electricity and destruction of property (the company's electric meter)? And are there any other charges that LEO could throw in as a package deal, lol? Seems like minimizing problems - or at least the effects of those problems - means looking for the worst things that could possibly happen.

IDK. This entire discussion puts me in mind of a guy I saw on the local news. He got busted with "many thousands" of dollars worth of "powder" that he was transporting through the area from somewhere else to somewhere else. How did the guy get caught? Well, lol, that's the funny thing: Guy stood to make LOTS of money, even if he was merely a courier - but he was to %*&#ing cheap to spend a dollar for a brake light bulb :rofl:.

Don't end up getting busted because you're too fawkin' cheap to spend a dollar (pound).

Most generally, a really entertaining explosion ;) . Er... One or the other of the entities often find the experience not so entertaining, but... Well, you'll have that, lol.

Thanks guys, I'm at a bit of a paradox to be honest.

Apparently an unsolvable question because each cancells the other out.
Yet here we are....

my attic is the unmovable object and the law is the unstoppable force.

The answer is that unmovable object wins untill it meets the u stoppable force!!!

HOLY FUCK!!!

I NEED TO GO STUDY PHILOSOPHY !!
HAHA:Rasta:

I'd be willing to bet that unmovable object gets moved by the unstoppable Force in this situation. Unless your cops have no teeth.

My concerns with the utilities are similar to @TorturedSoul at some point they're bound to realize that meter isn't making any money.

I live in Scotland mate. In a small place with a small police force.
They're very compliant when it comes to people like me.

As is the judge :)

They dont charge for personal posesion as long as youre not taking the piss.

When it comes to home grows....

2 x 1lb plants is personal use because there's only 2 plants.

That's alright though.
£350 fine. Well worth it :)
I'd happily pay a lot more for a yearly liscence.
100 hours community service as an absolutely worse case scenario if I get caught. .

The Scottish legal system is honestly awesome mate.

I literally carry my criminal record (perfectly clean) in my wallet because I need it that often for work.

Been charged with assault , breach of the peace , drunk and disorderly.
Been in a mental hospital because I shot myself in the head ........
And I'm still cool to own shotguns, rifles and everything in between :)
Zero restrictions :)

Back
Top Bottom