Help ID Plant Deficiency

kushcobain

Hey Guys,

I'm 6 weeks in on a OG Cherry grow and my plant has started to show some deficiencies on the two lowest set of leaves. I haven't been able to make a clear identification whether its a PH issue or something else. I'm growing in Fox Farms Ocean Grow and using Fox Farms Big Bloom nutes.

photo_2458.JPG
photo_1529.JPG

According to the leaf chart (attached) it kind of looks like potassium deficiency. Maybe Mag....Do you have some Cal-Mag you can give her?

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3114.jpg

If the soil separates from the edge of the pot that's why u get direct flow real quick. Then ur roots spread to the outside real quick and eventually start to come back in which can cause it to choke out others. So take soil and push against edges before u water. This will create a pool in the center of the pot at first. Apply half normal water amount allow to sink down then add the rest. U can also take a coat hanger or thin dowel and gently poke holes to the bottom to create new routes for water flow. This will help stop dry spots and develope a better root ball. Ur soil looks like it has a good mixture for drainage. Is it just very compact?

If the soil separates from the edge of the pot that's why u get direct flow real quick. Then ur roots spread to the outside real quick and eventually start to come back in which can cause it to choke out others. So take soil and push against edges before u water. This will create a pool in the center of the pot at first. Apply half normal water amount allow to sink down then add the rest. U can also take a coat hanger or thin dowel and gently poke holes to the bottom to create new routes for water flow. This will help stop dry spots and develope a better root ball. Ur soil looks like it has a good mixture for drainage. Is it just very compact?

I don't think the soil is too compact. I usually get runoff about a minute or so after watering the plants. But I was wondering, do I empty that runoff? Cause of now, the pot is sitting in an aluminum pan for drainage, but it doesn't necessarily drain away from the pot because the pot is sitting in the water. Should I elevate the pot so its above the water level but still drains into the pan, or just empty the pan after watering?

Flush it with ph balanced water. Ph test the run off and we can go from there. 2x the water vs size of pot

So I went out and got a Rapitest meter, which I don't think is working because no matter what it reads 7.0. It jumped to 7.8 and 7.3 a couple times but eventually went back to 7.0, and stayed there through multiple tests. And this was with tap water, so I'm sure it's inaccurate. I'm going to get some test strips when I get off work. This was a soil test. I want to test the runoff as well.

I would always come back after 5-10 mins and dump the run off otherwise your roots are the bottom of the pot are left waterlogged. Your soil looks like its pre mixed with perlite so it should have good drainage and water retention. When did you start adding nutes to the soil. That soil should last 4-5 weeks without the need to add nutes. Most likely a nutrient lockup as has been suggested. Flush the soil and then run for a few days on just water and see if there's an improvement. Good luck.

Dump the runoff. The strips are just as inaccurate u should just get a ph pen and ppm reader. I got a combo on amazon for like 20 bucks and I still have it a year later. U said the ph was jumping around was this when it was just sitting out and u did nothing to it and got 3 different reading?'

It was at 7 as soon as I turned it on. It would change for a second when I inserted it into the soil, and then back to 7. Any brand of ph pen/ppm reader you recommend?

I would always come back after 5-10 mins and dump the run off otherwise your roots are the bottom of the pot are left waterlogged. Your soil looks like its pre mixed with perlite so it should have good drainage and water retention. When did you start adding nutes to the soil. That soil should last 4-5 weeks without the need to add nutes. Most likely a nutrient lockup as has been suggested. Flush the soil and then run for a few days on just water and see if there's an improvement. Good luck.

I will start dumping the runoff. I didn't have a drain pan until I moved the box to a room where I couldn't let the floor get wet about 2 weeks ago. So for the 1st 3 or 4 weeks it was draining away from the pot. Now it's sitting in the drain pan. So that maybe the problem.
But in addition, I started adding nutes around week 3. I'm in week 6 now. I've only watered with nutes 2-3 times.

My money would probably be on nutrient lockup. How strong was your nutrient solution? The soil probably still had some natural nutrients left in it at week 3, along with the added nutes, maybe try a flush and then water without nutes for a few days, see if they pickup. I've been out of the game for a few years so maybe double check with the more experienced members. If you can get the right balance your plants will sing. Good luck.

My money would probably be on nutrient lockup. How strong was your nutrient solution? The soil probably still had some natural nutrients left in it at week 3, along with the added nutes, maybe try a flush and then water without nutes for a few days, see if they pickup. I've been out of the game for a few years so maybe double check with the more experienced members. If you can get the right balance your plants will sing. Good luck.

Im using FF Big Bloom.

Back
Top Bottom