Help! Leaves are curling at tips!

Cheezepleeze

Hi I am a beginner to all of this and don't know very much so I thought I'd ask on here ,
I'm on a 60L Wilma system 4 plants on rock wool and clay pebbles, on one 400w bulb feeding about 3 times a day
I'm using canna vega nutes and I put them in the tank once a week when flushing, the ph is on point never moving
Out of the 6-6.3 bracket as tested everyday, I put some cannazym in about 2 days before the flush last week, they were already starting to curl a bit but were doing it more after this I measure it all out perfectly, they are about 4 weeks old I think as I got them as cuttings, they are about 20 cm tall at this point and have plenty of green leaves but are curling quite bad at tips I really don't know what to suggest I've flushed since using cannazym and they are still doing it I don't want this to all mess up on me now someone please help :(

image5617.jpg
image5619.jpg

Between 15-17 degrees in the room around it I haven't yet checked at the top of the plant and I don't know the humidity but there is a constant fan on it doesn't seem muggy in there at all how could I check this ? Thankyou

Do you think it could be anything else or would you say this was the only problem I have a humidity meter on the way with built in temp I'll check this soon as it comes and get back to you Thankyou for your reply :)

what do your roots look like? how far away is you light from the plants? what do your you mean a 400w mh? to me it like temp and humidity with light issues as well maybe. jimmy6000 is very good resource and i think hes right on track. i would never attempt a grow without hygrometer as well as a ph meter and tds meter when in hydro, they are quite important..good luck cheeze!

How do I look at the roots without disturbing the plant? And I'm feeding exactly what it says on the bottle, saying that though I'm on a 60 l tank that normally fits 8 but I've only got 4 would that make a diffrence ? And the light is about 6-8 inches away from the tallest one and yes on a 400w mh I can go up to 660 on my ballast but chose to go 400 in veg and 600 in flower , I'm only putting nutes in once a week with fresh water, (this is cold water to start off with) should I wait until the water is room temp befor feeding and should I be feeding more often or less ? I've been feeding 3 times a day with 2 15min intervals and 1 45 min interval with 24hrs light, should I drop to 18 or is 24 safe? I was told Ill get a bigger yield if I leave on for 24 hours in veg? All this is just trial and improvement atm as I'm not 100% on what I'm dooing Thankyou all for your feedback I'm sorry if I sound like a bit of a noob lol.

Ok so I'm a dwc grower as well as soil.. So that's my experience.. If your water is too cold it will and does shock your plants, it does in dwc and soil it will cause leaves to droop after watering and causes immediate stress. if your room temps are cold too then it will not rebound quickly either. Temps are important and even more so in water the water temp will actually change how your plants take up nutes and the amount they take up. It also affects oxygen as well. Every plants health depends in its roots, and the temp of the root zone directly influences the health of the plant. These are facts and he ideal root temp is between 68-70. Issue 20 of cannatalk magazine has about the best article I've read on this. So if your temps are off especially Root temps you'll have alot of problems in a short amount of time. There is a product called guardian angel that is essential in my opinion for root health it actually opens the window a little for play in temps and will really increase the ability to withstand stress. There are some other good products but I always add guardian angel. As far as light cycle I have great luck with 20/4 and 18/6, but I know people have great results with 24/0 too but don't see a need, I think unless you really got your grow down there's alot of other areas to focus on, IMO if you can keep temps up with light off try scaling down to 20/4. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's your cause you got to correct the basics first. I don't mean to sound like I'm telling you you don't know shit or say i have all he answers its just my insight on your problem mate. Sorry for writing a book here haha.. Good luck

Yah mate with everything I wrote I forgot to say address your nutes as well.. I use full strength but it takes working up to 1/4 use, then1/2, 3/4, full etc. I go by 1/3 s but I know my plants well and they are hardy. Also any time I was to have an issue that was not deficiency related Like stress from ailing conditions I will cut back on nute strength and address the problem until they are well then resume, some instances may even require sterile conditions for a short period of time. There's alot of good info here on this site and I'm sure you'll get what you and solve your problems, best luck.

I use Fox Farms ocean soil, and I added about two inches of new soil to the top. I then watered them (cool water, maybe too cool?), and the next day this is what happened. I also added a new light (fluorescent), but none of my lights are within 8 inches. Temp and humidity are all under control.
Could this be a nutrient burn, shock, or can you have too many lights if they are not too hot and not too close?
Thanks for any insight! :peace:
11-19-13_43_.JPG
11-19-13_42_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom