Help! Leaves blotching and turning yellow! Pics Included!

Jesticle

Hi guys and gals! Well, this grow has definitely had its ups and downs. After a catastrophic accident where my lamp lens broke and sheered one plant in half, and took out some side shoots on the others, everything was back on track. However, over the last week, one plant has been progressively getting yellow and developing splotches on the leaves. It looks brown, yellow, and well... dying. I have also noticed what looks like small amounts of salt on a couple leaf tips. It I've thought of N deficiency, Magnesium def, ph problems, etc., but have not diagnosed or treated as of yet. I wanted to get a few opinions first. I am currently testing pH every day, and it is a little below 7. Here are some pics, and the specs I have currently:

If I am missing anything, let me know and I will provide you with the info. Thanks in advance for any insight and advice. It is greatly appreciated!

What Strain is it? My own hybrid
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, mostly sativia
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 7 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Ocean Forest
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 Gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 400W MH
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 79F ave
RH of Room/Cabinet? 48%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.7
Any Pests? Not that I'm aware of
How Often are you Watering? every 3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Technaflora organics according to feeding strength chart
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4X4
DSCN9074.JPG
DSCN9069.JPG
DSCN9068.JPG
DSCN9066.JPG
DSCN9065.JPG
DSCN9063.JPG
DSCN9062.JPG
DSCN9061.JPG
DSCN9059.JPG
DSCN9058.JPG

Re: Help! Leaves blotching and turning yellow! PICS Included!

Leaves near the bottom of a plant often get nute splash and low amounts of light, that could be all it is!, if the very tips are crusty it can mean your nute levels are at the maximum and you should feed them slightly less imo, hope this helps.

my small slh is much the same but it will be ok i think.
DSC0001015.JPG

It looks like a P or K deficiency to me. Is it just the lower leaves? The way the plant is eating the bottom leaves in those shots makes me believe its a deficiency.

A couple of the shots look like a P def and one kinda looks like a K def.

Im not familiar with TechnoFlora Organics. What are the numbers like?
When was the last time you fed them nutes?

I would just keep feeding it on schedule. Maybe a slightly bigger dose of nutes next time you feed. You are 7 weeks in though, when do you plan on switching to flower?

The bloom nutes are higher in p and k and regular dose would probably put an end to your leaf problems.

Im kinda lifted right now so I hope Im making sense. To summerize, it looks like a deficiency in p and/or k. Depending on whether I was going to veg more or flower I would either give them a healthy dose of the grow nutes during the next feeding or flush then regular dose of the flower and put them on 12/12.

Also if you haven't already you might want to get some powdered dolomite lime. Its a growers best friend when its in your soil mix. Im not too familiar with OF though so you might be fine. The dolomite lime keeps your ph stable and your leaves lookin fresh. Just a good bit of info to have.

Great advice guys! Thank you. I also thought it was a deficiency, but the coloration got me a bit worried. I fed them nutes the other night and they are picking up quite a bit. I think I am going to change the feeding to nutes every other watering instead of every 3rd. Also, I foliar sprayed with Jurassic Acid and used a bit in the soil to help lower the pH a bit. It seems to be helping quite a bit. I will keep updating with the condition.

Also, I was going to start flowering 2 weeks ago, but had that catastrophic incident with the glass lens. So, I wanted to let them recover for a couple of weeks before I started to flower. I will probably start this weekend or early next week. Anyways, thanks for the help! Any other input is always appreciated, so if anyone else has anything please let me know!

~Jesti

focus the plants power
cut all lower buds to increace upper ones.
only the lowest streachin small stem ones
its like a sucker on the plant, suckin energy that can be used elsewhere much more efficeint.

Back
Top Bottom