Help me boost my flower tent

Dsrkmattertec54

Hey guys,

Currently have a 1200w blurple LED and 4 28w white LED for my tent and I'm trying to get some height on my branches. Could anyone suggest any more lighting (different colors, spectrum etc...) I could throw in to beef up my plants for flowering?

4x2x5 tent.

I'd be willing to spend probably another 100$. I'm already about 400 in on this tent but I'd be willing to get an extra light if necessary. I think I read something about red spectrum lights induce vertical stretch which I'm looking for a little bit of at this point. You know if that's the true?

I think with what I've got now inhave a total of about 780micromoles at the canopy according to the specs off amazon for my lighting.
20191222_101536.jpg

Heres a look at my set up right now. I've got a Bestva 1200w LED + 4 28w LED bars.
20191222_101529.jpg

The less powerful LEDs are leveled at 8 and 18 inches and the 1200w is at 22" above canopy.

You realize all those strip lights block the main light

Move those away

Get another Blurple, space those two out

Use the strips for side and edge lights only,don't block main light

Actual watts at wall on that light

Specs on that light say:

Avg. Power Draw: 240W

One of those companies that just add up the max watts on each bulb and call the light that, when the bulbs would burn out in a day or two if ran at that wattage. Would need two of those to cover that footprint to have fair to mid results with (I have something similar to that light where I have one in my boxes that the footprint is 14" x 21", can't grow monsters but can have some decent smaller plant results).

Specs on that light say:

One of those companies that just add up the max watts on each bulb and call the light that, when the bulbs would burn out in a day or two if ran at that wattage. Would need two of those to cover that footprint to have fair to mid results with (I have something similar to that light where I have one in my boxes that the footprint is 14" x 21", can't grow monsters but can have some decent smaller plant results).

Howcome i keep getting asked about power draw and the actual wattage?

I think i keep reading that wattage doesnt matter to plants and it's about the spectrum and different whites, blues, and reds the light is emitting and the amount of micromoles at the distance from light. Is this actually the case?

It's pretty upsetting finding out my lights arent what they were sold to me as. Howcome a lot of people use these LED lights, is it just because they're for the most part under $300?

This Bestva 1200w is marketed as a 1200w light but clearly states it replaces an 800w HPS but only drawing 240w of power ? So which is it? And does it matter because it says it produces 600 micromoles at around 20" and I think I read most growers prefer 900-1000 so with the addition of my extra LED I should be at around 800 so is that decent ?

Sorry for being redundant I've asked this question numerous times on different threads but this lighting stuff is just confusing and everyone seems to have differing opinions on what's best for the cannabis plant specifically.

Watts at wall are what's important

The led , Blurple, manuf sway their info to sound better

Watts are very important. You need enough light for the plant to thrive. Most any real grow light spectrum will be fine, but 240w in a 4x4 tent won't come close to coverage needed

Coverage area is very important, 600 moles, 20" high is good, but if the footprint is a 16" square, well, may do one plant

Make sense a bit?

Howcome i keep getting asked about power draw and the actual wattage?

I think i keep reading that wattage doesnt matter to plants and it's about the spectrum and different whites, blues, and reds the light is emitting and the amount of micromoles at the distance from light. Is this actually the case?

It's pretty upsetting finding out my lights arent what they were sold to me as. Howcome a lot of people use these LED lights, is it just because they're for the most part under $300?

This Bestva 1200w is marketed as a 1200w light but clearly states it replaces an 800w HPS but only drawing 240w of power ? So which is it? And does it matter because it says it produces 600 micromoles at around 20" and I think I read most growers prefer 900-1000 so with the addition of my extra LED I should be at around 800 so is that decent ?

Sorry for being redundant I've asked this question numerous times on different threads but this lighting stuff is just confusing and everyone seems to have differing opinions on what's best for the cannabis plant specifically.

Most companies aren't marketing them that way anymore, what they did was in example: light has 100 10w bulbs (10wx100= 1,000w, but the bulbs will go pop if you run them at max so they have driver set to use 1/4 to 1/3 of that total). The technology is improving so actual wattage can compare differently to like HPS wattage, but can't use the comparisons they use with regular light bulbs as light that the human eye sees isn't quite the same as a plant does. The Quantum Board type lights give you more bang for your wattage, the blurples are older technology and no way that light can do what a 800w HPS can. One of those "you get what you pay for" to a point but like I said technology has changed where you can get same thing while using less power (and less heat is another advantage of LED over HPS), just have to research things yourself as lots of examples here you can check out on folks results with various products, just remember lots of variables and just because someone can get x amount doesn't mean you will necessarily (grow skill, type of medium, strain, etc..... involved also and not just your light).

And yes like many things in life "opinions are like xxxholes, as everyone has one" ;) :rofl: and not everyone is right necessarily (lot of tin foil hats and bro science out there), so keep that in mind and look for a general consensus or hearing the same thing from multiple people/sources. Same as buying a car or electronics or etc.....go by some other source than the company who made it or the person selling it, as they can sometimes spout a bunch of bs hyping up their product.

Watts at wall are what's important

The led , Blurple, manuf sway their info to sound better

Watts are very important. You need enough light for the plant to thrive. Most any real grow light spectrum will be fine, but 240w in a 4x4 tent won't come close to coverage needed

Coverage area is very important, 600 moles, 20" high is good, but if the footprint is a 16" square, well, may do one plant

Make sense a bit?

That just hit the nail on the head for me I think!

So the light is decent in a certain square area but that area would definitely be larger with HPS or non blurple LED grow light?

I've noticed a lot of other people using and speaking highly of mars hydro lamps.

These are full spectrum LED but non blurple? Are these necessarily much better than blurple lights? I looked at the moles at different heights and though they arent significantly higher, they are higher than my blurples by about 100. Is this what I should be looking at or something else?

I'd be interested im buying a mars hydro LED and comparing the growth and final yield between the two.

That just hit the nail on the head for me I think!

So the light is decent in a certain square area but that area would definitely be larger with HPS or non blurple LED grow light?

Kinda

A true 600w Blurple will cover a bigger area than a 300w.
The light size usually is bigger as the watts increase, thus the footprint increases

Mars has some nice White light LEDs
Also look at @Budget LED lights. All I use are the QB style lights Budget sells
They'd have a great light for that 2x4 space

They are the best current technology available now

Thanks @Chris Scorpio for the mention.

Here is a high performance option for a 2 x 4 space. I would reccomend it with the extended heatsink to spread out the ppfd. All high end components and diodes. Currently, you can get 12% off @ checkout (automatically applied).

Back
Top Bottom