Help me decide between these three lights

SFBayArea

420 Member
Hey guys, I plan on growing one plant in a 3x3x5 tent. I want to get somewhere in the north of 10oz of the Laughing Buddha plant (if possible and strain allowed). Growing from the seed in the 7ga pot, organic.
The lights I have been growing before are Sunsystem LECs and DimLux LECs. I loved those lights as they produced good results, but since I am growing in a much smaller tent now, I want the light set up to be as low profile as possible and generate as less heat as possible. Oh and I want the light to be around $200 - $250 or less.

So here are my choices:

1. Go with the cheap 315w CMH light (there are plenty on ebay under $150), pros are good results proven by history, and price. Cons, it is getting too hot for a small tent and bit bulky for 5' high tent (so most likely would have to go with the 6' tent if choose this light).

2. Go with the " Mars TSW 2000" I read good results from this forum for this light, but never tried any Mars lights myself. Pros, good wattage for the LED light, good amount of LEDs. Cons, never used it, the LED used in the light are of some generic brand, which may be far off of the Samsung LM301B LEDs. Price $259

3. Go with 250W Samsung LM301B 3000k/660 NM Quantum Led Grow Light + Meanwell HLG Driver off of ebay. I found this guy on ebay who seems to be from Texas and knows what he is doing.

Pros, it is an industry proven Samsung LM301B LEDs, seems to be quality board with low profile. Cons only 250W, Lesser amount of LEDs comparing to Mars system, price $259

What do you guys think?

QB is all I run now..

Not sure on those bds though, they look similar to hlg Rspec bds

I use a dbl 288 board system in my 2x4 tent, works great

The long layout of those two bds may not be ideal for a 3x3 but should work very well

If I read you correctly , you are leaning towards option #3? What Wattage do you run those QBs? Since I only going to have one plant, I was hoping one of theses lights I mentioned should work (not two).

Thank you, Any idea where do I find discount code for Mars system?
Hi SFBayArea, you can use : 420magazine to check out at our website: Mars TSW 2000 and save 3% discount, :love: final price will be only around 242USD if you live in US, if other country add a little shipping. ;) The light won't let you down. :ganjamon:

Thanks for the plug above. Seems like you made your decision but if you have any questions please let us know! Our Red Spec kit is similar to the one you were looking at. However you get the 3 year warranty and we are currently running a nice promo in the sponsor section. Also, your getting Samsung and Osram diodes.

Back
Top Bottom