Help Me Identify This Strain!

Hi everyone!

About four months ago I got a handful of seeds from my local collective. The seller claimed they were GDP seeds which I have since learned was BS because GDP is a clone only strain. Out of the 6 plants I planted from this mystery bag, only one of them turned out to be female and was raised to maturity.

It has been under 12/12 for almost 8 weeks now and I am getting very close to harvesting it. However the trichome coverage is not even close to what I was seeing on my BlueCheese plant at this point in time, but the cola is VERY thick and dense as you can see from the photos.

I am trying to identify the strain and thought that maybe some of you experts up here would know at a glance at least what family of plant this girl is.

I brought the plant out of my bloom room and into my kitchen under more natural lighting for these photos. Have a look and please let me know! Would be most appreciated!

P10105571.jpg

P1010558.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P10105611.jpg

P1010559.jpg

She is certainly of the indica/afghani origins... at least IMNSHO.
Can't tell you more than that, I don't recognize the plant which means very little!

The most important thing (I'm sure you know this) is that she l00ks really healthy... +rep for the good job M8!

PS... that hair in the bottom pic... I always worry about that... LOL

She is certainly of the indica/afghani origins... at least IMNSHO.
Can't tell you more than that, I don't recognize the plant which means very little!

The most important thing (I'm sure you know this) is that she l00ks really healthy... +rep for the good job M8!

PS... that hair in the bottom pic... I always worry about that... LOL

Appreciate the input and the compliments Captain! :thumb:

This plant came out of a small handful of mystery seeds and was the only female of the bunch, thus my request for an ID! I have since harvested this plant and have to say that I was not that impressed with the bud quality. Pretty open structure and light weight. A real contrast to the Blue Cheese plant I harvested a week earlier. Just put the buds into jars today and will have to see if the crop is even worth keeping. I have since stopped growing mystery plants considering how little grow space I have and my growing inventory of high end strains like GDP and Blueberry. :)

As for the white hair in the last shot... We have three cats and it has warmed up dramatically in the last few weeks. Need I say more? :biglaugh:

Thanks again for the post! :)

Dang cats huh... lol
I don't fancy bag seed... although, I have to say that I am not all that impressed by some of the big boy seed that I go this year.

I'm sure as you go along, your work will just get better and better... here's to it... cheers!

Thanks for the confidence in my abilities Captain! :thanks:

I hear ya about issues with well known seeds and seed sellers! In one of my most recent installments of my Grow Journal I touched on a real odd experience I had with some Northern Lights and White Rhino seeds I purchased online from one of the higher profile Dutch Seed sites.

Just shows that no matter where you get them and what strain they "claim" to be, growing Cannabis from seed is still always a roll of the dice when all is said and done. :confused:

That is primarily why I have shifted my attention away from seeds and more towards cloning. At least when it comes to Cannabis cultivation. Between the whole male/female issue and the potential for high mortality caused by issues in transit, clones seem to be a much safer way to go. Now all I need to do is get my cloning success rates to acceptable levels!

I'm betting on this new Turbo Klone T48 to hopefully squash the long standing curse hanging around my neck when it comes to successfully cloning my favorite Cannabis strains!

TKlone48.JPG

Not sure what it is... have never really had this much trouble conventionally cloning other plant species, but then again, I haven't had the need to do that much mainly because commercial food crop strains are so easily duplicated via seeds.

Got my 250ml bottle of H&G Roots Excelurator in the mail today so I am pretty much ready to start clonin just as soon as the Blueberry mother plant gets large enough for a dozen or so cuttings. I figure maybe another week to ten days. I know most growers who laid out the cash for a cloner like the T48 wouldn't be able to restrain themselves from using it immediately, but I have had to force myself to have the patience of a saint when it comes to growing. Timing is everything. ;)

Thanks again for your input! It is most appreciated! :D

Oh hellz ya... I'm jealous.
I need/want to get me a clone machine. I will have one sooner or later as I too believe that the clones are the way to go for uniformity!
I'll be looking to see your success in the future... peace out!

Thanks again Captain!

When I start my first Turbo Kloner session in the next week to 10 days, I plan to document the whole process with photos and post them up here. :)

Just got the buds from this plant out of my curing room, so I thought I would post a few BUD PHOTOS! This weed is really nice too! I wasn't very impressed with the looks of this plant compared to its Blue Cheese room mate, so I never gave the bud much thought, and pulled the plant after harvest.

It smokes smoothly! Very mellow buzz with a nice nutty flavor in a bong! I would post a strain review if I could ever figure out what the hell strain this plant was!

I think you were on the right track with an Afghan origin Captain K. Maybe we should just call it "Afghan Mystery" !;)

P10109522.JPG
P10109532.JPG
P10109541.JPG
P10109551.JPG
P10109592.JPG
P10109571.JPG
P10109581.JPG
P1010960.JPG

that kloner is dope man how miuch u weighn out dry

It was just about 1 oz dry. Its definitely NOT top dollar bud, but I kind of like to have something less potent around when I feel like smoking and don't want to get blitzed after a couple of hits like most of my stuff here! :laughtwo:

I'm kind of regretting that I chopped this plant down instead of letting it reveg like I did with the Blue Cheese.

Back
Top Bottom