Help me learn what to look for!

NewGoods

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a story and a question!

I've tried smoking quite a few times in my life, and most every time, weed has given me an extremely bad reaction. As soon as the smoke is inhaled, there's an instant feeling of a strong, clogged head, and it feels like a headache without the ache, or sickly, like a fever. It's not a light, feel-good sensation, and simply always feels so heavy. My thought-process will also slide largely out of focus, and I'll feel nervous or isolated.

That's just with one puff.

If I smoke any more than that, I will start to get extremely dizzy (the room will literally spin... or shake back and forth, in a way), I will feel sick, and if it gets bad enough, my body will start shaking and convulsing. Mentally speaking, I'll feel like I'm in hell, if it gets bad enough. The more I smoke in one session, the worse it gets. Every time, it results in a "bad trip", and yet it's mostly physical; I'm not scared of drugs in the least. It's the physical feeling which is so negative!

However, one special time, someone allowed me to smoke a strain that they said their dealer usually only kept to himself (strains aren't really specific around here, it's an illegal state). The strain, whatever it was, instantly had me feeling extremely giggly on the first puff, I was smiling, I felt light and a little trippy, and it felt amazing. With another puff, I was set for the night, I was high in an amazing feeling for hours, and everything was bright, happy, and plain out great. I felt like one of those wide-eyed, Asian-drawn cute cats, gawking at everything I saw!

I realized right away that whatever this particular strain was, it helped so much with removing my usual depression, lathargy, and nervousness, but I haven't run across anything like it since. It's been the same old bad stuff. You'd think after trying weed from every Jane, Dick, and Harry in town, that I'd eventually run across something, but no. Even with trying well-grown strains and strains that smell different or taste different, they all give me just a more extreme version of the bad. I never have found the right one for me yet.

So it makes me think that whatever type of strain I enjoy, it's something not usually found in the underground market. But what could it be? I have no clue, and I don't live anywhere near Colorado to take a trip and find out. Could anyone here help me discover what it may have been that I enjoyed, or what it sounded like I smoked? Whatever it was, it made me feel so light, breezy, giggly, happy, and even quite energetic - I was up all night! When I finally came down (from just two puffs!), the strain even caused me to have a "warm, pulsing back" while I laid down - it was SO comfortable! It was like someone was literally giving me a back massage!

Any ideas? Thanks a ton!

Hi! :cheesygrinsmiley:

If possible, try your best to track down that particular strain through whatever friends/acquaintances that brought you to it in the first place.

You can check out the Leafly website as an excellent alternative option. You can actually narrow down strains by the effects caused by them (happy, giggly, etc.). Even if you can't find the exact one, there may be others just like it.

Good luck!

I do have to ask though... has anyone heard of this before? Like where someone gets a really bad reaction on weed?

The reactions I've had have been plain out LSD-strength (without the visions), if the weed is strong enough, or I smoke a few puffs too much. If I'm around someone who I really trust (which is no one), then I am able to stay generally calm if I try hard (I'll just need to lay down and sleep), but if I'm sort of left on my own, the feeling becomes so overwhelming. It truly is mostly a physical effect, I'll become so dizzy, my brain will feel like it's completely shutting down and a brick is laying on it, my body will feel so heavy and nauseous, and I'll feel like I'm being dragged to hell, I'll start shaking, all sorts of things. With all of that, my mental process will start freaking out just as much, but that doesn't happen until the physical really just plain takes over and becomes extreme.

It's really been hell because when I was a teenager, all of the friends that truly did have something in common with me or my attitude did smoke, and it was something always very important to them. Yet, I'd have to be the person to say "Nah, I'll pass." and I'm sure most people know how that goes. And if I gave in to constant begging from them, they'd have to deal with me having a bad trip. I just hated it, and I don't see why normal old weed doesn't give me a good high. If all weed was like the one type I smoked, I'd be a straight up stoner; the effect that one strain gave me was truly heaven, and helped out so many of my mental problems! But most weed doesn't do that.

I've tried to consider that it may have been the person I was around when I smoked that one time (it was around a person I really trusted and was happy to be around), but I've smoked with that person before, and usually, it just went bad. This special weed however, you could just "feel" it instantly pop into your brain and instantly set a chain reaction of positive feelings. It was artificial, it was brought on, it was nothing I could control. I couldn't have turned it negative if I wanted to. It blasted away any negative feelings, and made everything feel great. And I just want that again so badly, but ugh... I wish I really knew what was wrong with me.

yes I know people that is allergic to smoke. sounds like you are too to me. just don't do it. best thing.
if u feel all that why would you anyway. most time part of what you feel is relaxed but you want relax you over thinking things.
if your allergic to it you will freak out with hives an so forth.

The only strains I enjoy are high CBD and little-to-no THC (Cannatonic, etc.). That way you won't have to worry about a bad 'high' because you won't really be able to get stoned. But it's a very relaxing feeling, and the CBD counteracts the negative aspects of THC. This may be a way for you to smoke and not have to ever worry about such a negative reaction.

Well, the reason I'd really like to find a strain that matches with me is because I do suffer from a lot of depression, lethargy, and an overall lack of motivation. The one type that had me all giggly and hyped up was simply heavenly; I've tried a lot of anti-depressants and such, and they just feel horrible, some of them even give me the same reaction most weed does. But without a doubt, I'm at a stage in life where I need some form of mental escape after a day of a lot of stress and depressive thoughts.

Like, plain out, I love the feeling of a real high, where you feel all loose, light, and lovey with whoever you're hanging out with, or just feeling really appreciative of whatever your doing by yourself. I need that feeling because I have so many mental conditions and physical conditions that I live life feeling completely drained; I'm not even sure what's the last time I truly had a "happy" thought. Everything is just so flat and monotonous in the real world, and it's plain very depressing.

I've had so many bad trips before, especially on other drugs besides weed, that I've considered that my chemical balance is severely messed up (I mean, I've had heart-pounding, near-death trips off very bad drugs that have left me feeling odd for months), and while my life in general is filled with as many bad factors as one could have, I really can't feel happiness about anything other than when I watch a movie, listen to music, or read. I can only feel most emotions if I'm sitting there being influenced by some work of art, and weed, at least the one time, was something that plain out made feel normal. It was accompanied by a pretty strong high too, but it was all better than I had felt in years.

And there were no negatives, the high (off two puffs) lasted about 4 hours, I slept like a baby, I had fun, I got along with people, there was no negative comedown, I felt great the next day, ect ect. For once, I actually felt like I was my own age instead of decades older than I really am. It was just heavenly, and for me, it convinced me that weed really is a great medicine. But sadly, for me, like medicines, I seem so sensitive to the ratios and types of weed, to the point that a little of the wrong stuff is like overdosing on the worst pill ever. Most weed, to me, is a really bad form of couch lock, even off just one puff. I've tried getting more tolerant to it, and I never build that tolerance whatsoever.

One thing I want to ask: Is it possible that this effect is coming from something other than weed, potentially something from how it is combusted, or something in the pipe/paper, or whatnot? I've always wanted to try vaporizing the stuff, but I don't know if it'd even help. I also generally wonder about things like pesticides, mites, all sorts of contaminants like that, wondering if I'm potentially allergic or sensitive to anything like that (THC and CBD seem like two chemicals that just wouldn't normally freak someone out...). The one oddity is that I have no skin reactions... no hives, rashes, or welts, when I get high... it's usually just a severe heart-pounding, headache, and just overall extreme, couch-lock feeling.

If depression is a big issue, I would focus your search on Sativas [or Sativa-dominant Hybrids] since they're known for bringing users 'up'. These strains are advised, in general, in fighting depression. Indicas have the ability to bring users 'down', and are also known to have a 'couch-lock' effect. And again, try your luck on Leafly narrowing strains by the effects that you're looking for. Hopefully you're in a state with medical Cannabis, it's easy to find specific strains from dispensaries on a number of websites [including Leafly].

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom