help me! tent sizes! new grower

CaptainCooked

hi guys im kinda new to growing i have grown a few plants before ive decided its time to upgrade and get a tent! i was looking to grow 10 plants to a decent size and was wondering what tent size you guys recommend or what brand or even the best grow tent kits? im looking at doing a soil grow!
cheers captain cooked,

I would think a 5x5 tent would do the job just fine. I've seen the gorilla tents, and they look nice. I have a 4x4 Apollo tent and love it. A lot of it depends on how you plan to grow them i.e. scrog, Flux, clones...

hi guys im kinda new to growing i have grown a few plants before ive decided its time to upgrade and get a tent! i was looking to grow 10 plants to a decent size and was wondering what tent size you guys recommend or what brand or even the best grow tent kits? im looking at doing a soil grow!
cheers captain cooked,

I have 2 Mars-Hydro tents. Grow Tents. Mine are the 3'3"x3'3". That would probably be a little small for you. They offer 2 larger sizes. I love my Mars tents. They are very well built and I have no worries hanging my lights and filters from the top supports.:peace:

I have 9 ladies in a 4x4x7 and it is crowded! No way I could get 1 more in. All in 5 gallon buckets. You need to have a game plan! 10 plants means you are very limited as to how to grow. You may get away with some topping and LST but you'll need at least a 5x5x7. Attached are some pics of my tent. Getting light to the bottom will be a problem for you. Too crowded means less yield! I pushed the limit here but got lucky with no problems. May have had the same yield with half the plants? That's what I'm trying next grow. What watt light? Better have a nice size inline and filter cause it will smell very strong with 10! I had to upgrade everything. Good luck, keep us posted.
0041963.JPG
0022188.JPG
20150124_175322.jpg

Yea what Ripples said. I wouldnt go more then 6-7 in a 4x4 tent. At the beginning of your grow its real hard because you have a seemingly big tent with 6 little baby plants and your like wtf I can get more in here. But they grow fast. A big question you should have is how long do you plan on vegging for. If your wanting to fit alot in small space go with some auto flowers. They have a short veg cycle which means they dont get to big and you only need 3 gallon pots for them. If you go with a regular strain try to get something more indica with a short flower cycle. If not you will spend 2 months in veg and 3 months in flower. Good luck

how did they finish up? looking very nice in the pics! i want to do them to a nice size upgrading to any tent size is no problem for me i was just going to veg them until i felt comfortable to flower them, just stuck for what size, the tent is going to be put in my shed which is an 11m long 7m wide and 5m high so tent height size or height is no drama if you could do 10 plants and had no price limit what would you use? some people are even recommending a 2mx2mx2m tent with 2-3 600w mh lights for veg and 2-3 600w hps lights for flower,
so confused lol cheers captain cooked

I'd also go with 2x2x2 tent from gorilla. Never seen one in person but also never seen any tent on web that is close quality to gorilla. Plus they have the extension kit and the light line witch is realy not so expensiv, if you are in US. Me being in eu the price is allmost x. QQ

Make sure you measure the height of your grow room before you buy any tent. You don't want to get your dream tent only to find that your ceiling is too low to accommodate it. I had planned on a 4ft by 4 ft tent and at the last minute I realized it was a couple of inches too tall to fit in my basement, so I had to go with a smaller tent. It's always better to figure these things out before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom