help me to diagnosis if its nute burn or something else

Water and water/nutrient mix in should be around 6.5. That high ph would account for the burning too. My plants seem to hate it if I get above 7. I worry less about the pH of the soil itself or the pH of the run off. But if the plants are starting to look over fertilized or I've given them something I shouldn't have, like the wrong pH water, and they are looking ill, I flush them with pH balanced water. UNLESS they are small plants in big pots and flushing them is going to mess them up even more by overwatering them. In which case, I either – hope for the best if they aren't looking too bad, or transplant into soil that I haven't screwed up yet. In your case they don't look that bad so hopefully if you start giving them the proper pH water they will be fine.

It's taking two weeks for the soil to dry between waterings? That is way too long. This would cause problems. If it was my plant I would transplant it into small pots like 1 gallon. If you don't want to do that then you can get by constantly babying it and being very careful when you water to keep the soil only moist and never soaked. This is a pain in the ass but can be done.
I couldn't find the information on whether the plant is an autoflower or not. If it is I suppose you don't want to go transplanting it again, otherwise I would. I'm kind of a fan of transplanting when they are in trouble though, because I find the plants are very happy to be transplanted and I get way further ahead. Or, if you're willing to be very careful with your watering for the next few weeks till it gets a better root system, they will be fine.

hi Weaselcracker
i will try to watering it with ph 6.5 water , and see if the problem can be fixed by right ph water.

i will try to avoid transplanting it again if its not in very necessary ,
because its kinda difficult to get a proper soil here .
unless there is nothing i can do anymore , transplanting to a new soil will be my last option perhaps.
those who are selling the soil doesnt even know what they are selling, i have to buy alot of soil ,bring back and test them each which is pain in the ass.
i hope my plant will be fine in this soil ,no more nute burn or any sick from the soil .
anyway , to give a proper PH water is a way to go,
will looking for a proper soil if things are keep going bad.

Im using a pot about 30cm(wide)x30cm(high), fill half size of soil , i think its around 10L soil.
it takes long time on drying, perhaps the soil is good on maintaining water, too stick even i mixed perlite,

What about Coco?

That's not a very big pot Zion. I think you have soil/drainage issues....

Did you guess 2 weeks or you've actually allowed the pot to dry and it took that long?
When you water your pot, approximately how long does it take for the water to start coming out of the bottom of the pot?
I don't think your plant likes the soil, and since you don't know its composition it's just a guess.....

cannabis is resilient but will only thrive in the correct soil and conditions.

I can only advice you to do what I do when I am confused about a plant that is not thriving. I make only one change at a time to try to eliminate the things that it's not.

I'll stop rambling, I think it's bad soil"......

hi Bapple.
it was a guess , last time i waited for 7 days to watering , it took 7 days for like 30% dry , i think at least it will take 2 weeks for 80% dry ...
i thought its a big pot already ,which is the largest pot that i can get , it takes perhaps 7~10sec runs out after i watered , will it be too long?
now i will stop watering her, and next time i will consider to watering with PH 6.5 water , perhaps less the water, did it look like overwatering?

To the eye from your pictures, the soil does not look too dense or overwatered, but then you say the soil is taking so long to dry, so logic dictates that if it's taking so long for the plant to dry out, the soil must be too heavy and it's not draining/drying as it should.

And I did not mean to say your pot was too small, what I meant was that it's not big enough to explain 2 weeks drying time. Roots do not thrive if there is no challenge (ie wet and dry cycles) to encourage them to go seeking for moisture/water.

I used two high efficiency 24W T5 fluorescent bulbs 6400k each for the first 2 to 3 weeks of my plants lives and you can see their size when I put them out in my journal. So lights are not the problem. You have her 3 inches from the lights, so that is not her problem. She came up vigorously and looks well inspite of the small nute burn, so it's not a bad or weak seed. So by my reasoning, we are left with your 'unknown' soil. The soil is either too heavy (hence the slow drying, leading to you overwatering) or is missing some vital component and therefore the microbial and energy needs of the plant are lacking somewhere.

I can't say anything about ph cos I've never ph'd anything in my grows and don't even own a ph meter.

I feel your pain cos you are clearly somewhere where getting the right supplies is a challenge and I am assuming it's a challenge for you to build your own soil (plenty of soil recipes on this site if you were able to do that for your next grow.......

Don't give up Z, first grow is everyone's best teacher and if you stay with it until the end even if she yields less than you hoped you would have learnt a lot from her about growing anything, not just cannabis.

Hope your day is going well.

Hi , Bapple
yes , im in china , the local store and the online shop is not having any clue about what im talking about the soil ,PH or NPK blah.
they tell me "this is it, you want it or not?"
thats why transplanting is the last option i will do. pain in the ass if i need to try another soil that i have no idea what is inside.

the soil Im using , my friend says "it could do , I tried."
this is all the info i get from the person who gave me these soil, but he is not good on growing marijuanas like me anyway.

before transplanting to another soil, i will adjust the water PH and anything could be corrected , see if my plant can go through or not.

next week perhaps i will be in states , will bring some supplies back to china (PH adjuster , nutes for marijuana ,blah)
to bring the soil i think it won't be an option, too heavy for bringing by hand carry. too bad.

Thank you for your advise , will keep watch on the watering ,draining , drying situation see if there is something not right.

i checked the humidity today ,which is 65% . don't know if its the reason makes the soil dry very slow.
i turned on the fan put it right next to my pot see what happen

Sounds like a perfect plan, do as much research as you can before your trip. As for the soil issue, perhaps the soil in you local park or garden with a few things that you have in your kitchen like Banana peel, and eggshells added might work out better than 'unknown' soil.

Sounds like a perfect plan, do as much research as you can before your trip. As for the soil issue, perhaps the soil in you local park or garden with a few things that you have in your kitchen like Banana peel, and eggshells added might work out better than 'unknown' soil.

I think Bapple is on the right track. If you can find some decent soil, that would be best. It is possible to have very acidic soil, or very alkaline. And the times I bought potting soil that wouldn't drain- there was little I could do to make the plants grow, except take them out of it and into something better. There are things that can be added to the soil to help balance it, and a decent well-rounded soil works naturally to buffer against ph swings. It 'seems' like it shouldn't be that difficult for someone to get soil, but I have no idea what your situation is. It's hard for me to imagine a place that doesn't have plentiful soil since I live surrounded by it. The cities in my country also have plenty of trees and small planted areas to borrow soil from as well as parks. Good luck

oh i seriously need help lol this plant is not happy
S_4800514.jpg

i did nothing , just turned on the fan , 3 hours after i see the leaves are getting up like they revived , thought it was good sign ,
i turn on the fan because humidity is over 70%
now its curling up like the photo shows...

this is what she look like 12 hours ago.
S_4775968.jpg

its getting worse in very fast way
not in the same situation as before(nute burn)
S_4808709.jpg
S_4808708.jpg
S_4808707.jpg
S_4808706.jpg

some leaves turn brown, or having some dark spots on the surface , you can see on the photo
curling up , cupping , twisting ..
but the leaves on the right side looks healthy (for now)

tried to find clues on internet , seems like its Nitrogen Deficiency ,

""If new leaves aren't getting enough nitrogen, the plant will start to "steal" nitrogen from the older, lower leaves, so that it can give it to newer leaves. This is what causes the yellowing and wilting of a nitrogen deficiency."""

i think it explained why i still got some healthy leaves.

just guessing,
im not sure, need some more experienced people help me to check , looks like she is dying ......
should i treat her Nitrogen ? or complex nute care?

after i treated 20 20 20 on her, seems she goes alive .
S_4947971.jpg

burned leaves still there but newer leaves looks fine .

very good to see she passes through the Nitrogen Deficiency .

forgot to update photo..
S_4956172.jpg

she looked like was dying .. and leaf went yellow really fast, i treated the 20 20 20 nute in the water . and i went for a business trip to tokyo for 3days .
when i back , the 1st thing i do is go see my plant , then i see my plant grows well and the problem seems like solved by giving nutes :D

Back
Top Bottom