Help me with this scenario

bludmangrow

Hey, currently growing Jack herer. She has been in 12/12 since 1 of november. The 4th of January I have to leave abroad and wont be home for 7 days.

My current plan would be to cut her down 2th or 3rd and let her hang dry when im away. That means the plant Will have been in 12/12 for 62-63 days. Hoping this Will be sufficient for a good smoke.

How would you guys approach this problem? Thankfull for all idéas. Peace!

I grow in soil as well. Bigger pots will hold more moisture...I use 7 gallons and I would be fine leaving them for a week.

If you are in 3 gallon or smaller, look at buying or making a water bulb. It slowly, and mechanically, releases water and it would work well for you.

I don’t know your time line, but went on vacation for a week and watered right before we walked out the door. Then I filled two wine bottles per plant. Flip them over and shove them in the soil. They will draw water as needed over the week.
:passitleft:

It’s a tough one. I’d plan to set up the auto water, but I’d make that decision the before I left. If its very close to done, I’d chop. I doubt that it would be, but it would be nice to have it hanging while you are away.
But a big waste of time and effort if they are not ready. I think you'll have to run all the way until you're about to leave and then make the call.

Love all the response and idéas.

Right now I water every 3-4 days.

I will wait untill the last few days before leaving to see if the plant is ready or not, if not I will give her a full watering the last day and also put 3 blumat juniors linked with a water reservoir.

71LMe4SpGWL._SL1500_.jpg

You think this should be sufficient?

Just feel scared leaving the plant alone for so long if something would malfunction, a fan or so and the temps would go skyhigh.

I'm growing Jack Herers and I flipped around the same time. Mine might be done by then.

Sweet, I got green house seeds genetics and they got a grow journal on youtube.

They harvest on day 63 of 12/12. Obviously they are doing this on a professional level but still makes me hopefull mine might be ready.

The best way is to have someone water. Premix a batch before you go. Call them on the day. and confirm. If you cant, then what your doing is the next best thing. Do you have power outages where you are? Is there any reason to think this will happen other than paranoia? I'd do a practice run with the watering to be sure it works.

The best way is to have someone water. Premix a batch before you go. Call them on the day. and confirm. If you cant, then what your doing is the next best thing. Do you have power outages where you are? Is there any reason to think this will happen other than paranoia? I'd do a practice run with the watering to be sure it works.

Having someone else watering is not a option. Power outage happens but is not at all common. It's paranoia definietly. Gonna do a practice run. Peace brother.

Can you put the pot in a sealed container, have the pot suspended 6 inches, fill the sealed container with water to bottom of pot and make a wick to absorb water from the sealed container to your pot?
...and a stick of gum. Did you learn that from MacGyver?:laugh::thumb:

Look up SWICK I think it's called.

Blumats work but setting up a day before you leave is just going to get stressful and maybe not even work. They need to be set up and tweeked until you get the water flow right.

If you are leaving for a week and the plants are close to being finished, they are likely not drinking as much water. They should be sitting in a pan that can handle extra run-off. Just water them real good until water in the btm pan runs out. Let them go and harvest when you get back. If they get thirsty 2-3 days before chop, all that will do is speed up drying time a day or so at best.

If chopping early to save the stress, that's always a thing.

I do automated watering. Been away for long periods of time. This summer was a month then 3.5 weeks came home and harvested.

A peat moss based soil mix will hold water pretty well. I worry more about plants in early flower where they are growing fast and drinking a ton of water. Sounds like you're past that point and you should be fine with whatever you decide.

Look up SWICK I think it's called.

Blumats work but setting up a day before you leave is just going to get stressful and maybe not even work. They need to be set up and tweeked until you get the water flow right.

If you are leaving for a week and the plants are close to being finished, they are likely not drinking as much water. They should be sitting in a pan that can handle extra run-off. Just water them real good until water in the btm pan runs out. Let them go and harvest when you get back. If they get thirsty 2-3 days before chop, all that will do is speed up drying time a day or so at best.

If chopping early to save the stress, that's always a thing.

I do automated watering. Been away for long periods of time. This summer was a month then 3.5 weeks came home and harvested.

A peat moss based soil mix will hold water pretty well. I worry more about plants in early flower where they are growing fast and drinking a ton of water. Sounds like you're past that point and you should be fine with whatever you decide.
Cheers for that brother. Lets say soil gets dry 2-3 days before I get home, how Will that affect THE plant?

Also, you more experienced growers, if i harvest a bit early how Will that affect the high?

Love this forum.

I've never been disappointed waiting a few more days to harvest. At the end of the day it's not going to impact the final product at all. Thats my experience.

I usually use the moon cycle and the weather to determine my harvest day, a few days one way or the other isn't going to make any changes in the plant but weather can have an effect specially in summer. I never harvest when there's a bout of rain coming and try and steer clear of VOM (void of course moon). I like to use the moon cycles for harvest and planting. For me bigger influence after trichomes look close and/or ready.

If given only 2 choices - early harvest or later harvest; I choose later most all the time.

Back
Top Bottom