help! mold!

greenpeace31

five weeks into budding im getting mold on my buds what should i do? i did put a dehumidifier in the room today and im not leaf feeding at all should i cut off the buds with mold on them or is there a spray for them to cure this?

Re: help!!!!!mold!!!!

How is your air circulation? what is the humidity? Were you foliar feeding in flowering? Is it on a few buds, all the buds? a lot of mold a little mold? A pic would be nice.... Give us the growroom stats and we can better help you remedy the situation?

no leaf feeding at all and it was on the top ones(real thick almost done) had a small fan on them put a bigger one in the room right on them and now have a dehumidifier running in the room full blast they were just starting to get it not all over but enough to tell it was starting too i cut off the ones that had it(rinsed of with water and shook them out real good and am now drying them (out of the room)(to good to throw away) there in a basement and has been raining(floor is a little wet) glad i had a dehumidifier!!! im leaving it on 24/7 and the fans 24/7 seems the thick sticky buds were getting it. anything else i can do? didnt know if there was a spray for it.

Once those colas are dry, or even now, if you pry the individual nugs apart, you will likely find the mass of grey mold throughout the bud. If you saw it on the outside, it is definitely inside. Grey mold starts from the interior of the buds, or at least with me they have. The problem is well established now & there is little to do except as you are (reduce humidity & increase circulation on & around the plants). Working the infected buds probably released countless of new spores into your room, so keeping the humidity in check is still of the utmost importance. You are just trying to limit any further spreads, but what is infected is essentially lost. You can try to remove it if spotty, but it is almost unethical to try to donate this now. It is not a good idea for you or anyone else to smoke this. Make sure to fully sterilize the entire room before the next grow & use a preventative fungicide. Best.

Back
Top Bottom