Help! My baby is dying!

magsteria

Shouldve copied my message first before trying to post as the first one just randomly decided to erase itself. Anyway, i just started growing my own and i've read a lot of articles but they pretty much tell you what to do when the plant is actually bigger. Mine is just about an inch tall and i don't know what to do. Ive planted some seeds from my last stash but 99% of them died and only 1 remains. Ill post some pics too so you guys can see

Added pics!

Some details are, i initially grew them outside and am planning to indoor grow them with a small carton box with a cfl bulb. Not sure if its ready though. Or if its dying, whats the best option? :(

Shouldve copied my message first before trying to post as the first one just randomly decided to erase itself. Anyway, i just started growing my own and i've read a lot of articles but they pretty much tell you what to do when the plant is actually bigger. Mine is just about an inch tall and i don't know what to do. Ive planted some seeds from my last stash but 99% of them died and only 1 remains. Ill post some pics too so you guys can see

Ps. How to add pictures?

Welcome to the forums magsteria

Weasel gave you good starting points. Pics will really help
:welcome:

420-magazine-mobile120851408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420320171.jpg

Here are the pics!. Im worried about the little brown leaves showing at the bottom

Here is my take. First- leave her (hopefully) alone for a few days. Keep light on her 24/7 but not much. Natural sunlight is great for say but even mists couple cfls st this stage will do.
Second, those little oval leaves are really just bean leaves(don't know technical name) but let them die... they do. No worries.
Third, let her dry a little bit. She seems well saturated. Which of you just recently watered that fine but newbies (me included) tend to over water at bean stage... d. (Kidding -- fourth) - keep temps in mid 70s on average and looks like humidity is likely not an issue. Fifth, six to infinity- leave her alone. No nutes just yet.. never at bean and baby stage. Soon enough you will be feeding her like a mad man but until then- NO!!! Lol leave her be- God, Mother Nature, whomever- has this under control. I read somewhere that there rarely are bad plants- just bad growers. She needs very little at this stage.

Here is my advice- either get a coupe cfls or an 18inch grow light from Walmart for $10. It will do the job for the first week or two.. she needs so little and we tend to want to feed them and hold them and love them to the point we choke them to death.

Let her be and be she will. Let her get a little dry then don't saturate her just give enough- I assume you have drain holes in the pot.. if not- make them. It helps. Too much moisture can destroy her trunk... make her weak and limp then die. So leave her be a day or three. Check on her it when you get the urge to water- wait.. she will be ok when we don't over love.

I'm feeling good about this little Betty! Trust me, momma nature got this. You are just supposed to admire the big girls work.

Finally, I will leave you with this- leave her alone! Give her a chance to thrive.

Ok just read your post again. Light is fine for now. Not too far away from plant but don't burn her either. Just a few inches away will be fine. I rather you be a little too far away as it won't hurt just may slow her down a bit, but at this stage I like slow and steady. Definitely keep her inside- she is too delicate to be outside imo. If she is not already- get her in and let her become part of the family.
So to recap- leave her alone, let her dry a little before watering again- but even then, not much. No nutes at all right now. Curious about ph of the water you use but it should be fine with distilled from store or even tap(works fine for me I just let it sit in gallon jugs for a day or three.). This isn't a big deal right now so don't stress. Now bring her in. Keep light on her. Don't let her get too cold at all and let her dry some before watering again. Do not repot or do anything to her for at least a week or two. Just keep her light on and keep a little air flow around her- not too much. She will thrive!!! Say it with me! She will thrive!!!

Now if this is bagseed- hope she isn't a he... my suggestion is let her get strong to show you can keep her alive and growing and when you do, pop a couple more beans to increase your chances- then when you find the first female, take cuttings and save those beans for a another time!
My grows are all from bagseed and I only use clones now- so easy to clone- forget what you read- all you need is a solo cup, soil, a little rooting powder or gel- I use cheap local store powder rooter- always works, then trim down leaves and leave her alone. lol they will grow.
Anyhoo, that's for a later time. For now, read what I wrote and best of luck! You got this!

Here is my take. First- leave her (hopefully) alone for a few days. Keep light on her 24/7 but not much. Natural sunlight is great for say but even mists couple cfls st this stage will do.
Second, those little oval leaves are really just bean leaves(don't know technical name) but let them die... they do. No worries.
Third, let her dry a little bit. She seems well saturated. Which of you just recently watered that fine but newbies (me included) tend to over water at bean stage... d. (Kidding -- fourth) - keep temps in mid 70s on average and looks like humidity is likely not an issue. Fifth, six to infinity- leave her alone. No nutes just yet.. never at bean and baby stage. Soon enough you will be feeding her like a mad man but until then- NO!!! Lol leave her be- God, Mother Nature, whomever- has this under control. I read somewhere that there rarely are bad plants- just bad growers. She needs very little at this stage.

Here is my advice- either get a coupe cfls or an 18inch grow light from Walmart for $10. It will do the job for the first week or two.. she needs so little and we tend to want to feed them and hold them and love them to the point we choke them to death.

Let her be and be she will. Let her get a little dry then don't saturate her just give enough- I assume you have drain holes in the pot.. if not- make them. It helps. Too much moisture can destroy her trunk... make her weak and limp then die. So leave her be a day or three. Check on her it when you get the urge to water- wait.. she will be ok when we don't over love.

I'm feeling good about this little Betty! Trust me, momma nature got this. You are just supposed to admire the big girls work.

Finally, I will leave you with this- leave her alone! Give her a chance to thrive.

Ok just read your post again. Light is fine for now. Not too far away from plant but don't burn her either. Just a few inches away will be fine. I rather you be a little too far away as it won't hurt just may slow her down a bit, but at this stage I like slow and steady. Definitely keep her inside- she is too delicate to be outside imo. If she is not already- get her in and let her become part of the family.
So to recap- leave her alone, let her dry a little before watering again- but even then, not much. No nutes at all right now. Curious about ph of the water you use but it should be fine with distilled from store or even tap(works fine for me I just let it sit in gallon jugs for a day or three.). This isn't a big deal right now so don't stress. Now bring her in. Keep light on her. Don't let her get too cold at all and let her dry some before watering again. Do not repot or do anything to her for at least a week or two. Just keep her light on and keep a little air flow around her- not too much. She will thrive!!! Say it with me! She will thrive!!!

Now if this is bagseed- hope she isn't a he... my suggestion is let her get strong to show you can keep her alive and growing and when you do, pop a couple more beans to increase your chances- then when you find the first female, take cuttings and save those beans for a another time!
My grows are all from bagseed and I only use clones now- so easy to clone- forget what you read- all you need is a solo cup, soil, a little rooting powder or gel- I use cheap local store powder rooter- always works, then trim down leaves and leave her alone. lol they will grow.
Anyhoo, that's for a later time. For now, read what I wrote and best of luck! You got this!
Cotelydons is the word your searching for. Bean leaves are what they are tho. There formed inside the shell before it splits and releases the embryonic root. And you can't have a bad plant but you can have bad genetics which will lead to a poorly growing plant. Ex slow growth, shitty yields and pest resistance all can be caused by bad genetics and no matter how optimal the enviorment is they just simply will not thrive. But this is my little bean she was just a bag seed probably a hermie but it's 10 days old as of like now.
420-magazine-mobile1820160320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom