Help! My clones are flowering and not rooting!

GanjaGodess

so yeah, I took a bunch of clones, (about 30) from my vegetative mother. They are in sponges, in a dome, on a 24 hr light cycle. I used rooting gel, cut at an angle, everything your supposed to do. Its been about a week now and none of them are rooting and i'm beginning to see the first sign of flowering??? what do i do? please help! any help is greatly appreciated. thank you!!!

Can you show us some photos GanjaGodess? You say they are not rooting but flowering under 24 hr Lighting? :hmmmm: 420 would like to :welcome: you!

::feels dumb:: I can't figure out how to attach a pic on here. Thank you for the welcome note =D but, yes, they are on a 24 hr cycle, this makes no sense...

okay thanks! got 2 pics posted now :) one of a clone with flowers, and anther of my set up. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx!!

okay thanks! got 2 pics posted now :) one of a clone with flowers, and anther of my set up. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx!!

Hey Ganjagodess, you can actually post the pics here in the thread too.. give the link another run through, you'll see how.. but here are your ladies(presumably)

CIMG0055.jpg

CIMG00531.jpg

What kind of light are you using? Are you misting a few times a day? What kinda water do you have in the dome? Temps? RH? Sorry for all these counterquestions, but we do need jus a lil more info so we can help ya out ;)

Looks like it might not be humid enough in there and/or not enough light.

I use a UV lizard lighting top called the Exo Terra Compact Fluorescent Terrarium Canopy. It fits three bulbs. The three bulbs I have in it are Exo Terra Full Spectrum Repti Glo 2.0 Terrarium Lamp, Exo Terra Repti Glo 5.0 Compact Tropical Terrarium Lamp, and the Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 Compact Desert Terrarium Lamp. The hydro store talked me into buying a $400, 500 watt HPS unit, but when I put it on the mother, she burnt to a crisp so I'm afraid to put the babies under it. I do mist a few times a day, I used to leave the tray with the sponges in the water but I read that that could cause the stems to rot so I emptied it. I use reverse O water mixed with 1/4 the amount your supposed to use for vegetative plants, liquid fertilizer. Thank you so much!

I'm going to attempt to take some higher resolution pictures and post them up soon, I know those weren't the greatest. So, does any one have any advice? I'd like to turn at least 2 of them into full sized plants but if they are clearly flowering should i just switch it to a 12/12 cycle and embrace the flowers? I'd really rather them root, if any one has any helpful hints on how to get them rooting. Should i re-cut them and dip them in the rooting gel again? thanx

Go to home depot and buy some 23 watt CFL lights. Get some light bulb sockets that plug in to an outlet. Cheap lighting under $15. It takes my clones 15-20 days to take root. I'm lucky if I see any in 10 days. No heating pad or anything special. Just light and time.

I've only recently attempted cloning the once,i took two clones from two different plants,i trimmed all the lower growth off and just left the top couple of leaves,the leaves that are left i then cut the ends of the leaf fingers off,this tricks the clone into putting all its energy into making roots and not growing,also the dome doesn't look like it's humid enough,i was misting my clones and the inside of the dome 3-4 times a day,after around 7 days they started to root,3 out of the 4 clones i took survived here is a pic there is a link to my cloning journal in my signiture,also when misting the dome/clones leave the lid off the dome for a min to start gradually increasing the amout of time they are taking in fresh air hope this helps
DSC_08801.JPG

DSC_08763.JPG

Cheers :peace: VG :peace:

Back
Top Bottom