HELP! My Growroom is too hot!

beensmokin420

I have a 150w HPS on 1 plant in a 4' wide x 3' deep x 7' high and my the temp goes from 78 F - 90 F. I have a small fan in there but I can't cut anyholes for ventalation b/c I rent. What main question is, is there any way to set up some type of ventalation system without cutting anything? And what is the hottest my room can get? Any help appreciated, thanks :peace: :adore: :adore:

you could set up an air conditioner in the room and in a window and run a duct from each, or just set up some sort of.. smaller duct system out of the windows.

but then it might be smellable outside.

I don't wanna use the CFLs b/c I just bought an HPS! I cant run ducts out the window b/c the landlord or neighbors might suspect something. I need some sort of set-up that is discreet and is not visible from the outside. I appreciate the help so far but it just wouldn't be safe enough given my situation. I'm also on a pretty tight budget. Any other ideas?

This one plant I have is just some bagseed and I'm just playin with it till i get my White Rhino seeds in. I plan on growing 2 at a time in the closet under the hps. So basically i'm tryin to get the growroom in perfect working order before I go planting my good stuff, this way if anything goes wrong it won't hurt my pockets :)

ah, i understand.

well, i mean, if you put an air conditioner in the window, and then run a duct to it, all you'd see from the outside is the air conditioner in the window, which is a pretty normal sight

ah, i understand.

well, i mean, if you put an air conditioner in the window, and then run a duct to it, all you'd see from the outside is the air conditioner in the window, which is a pretty normal sight

My growroom is not actually a room, its in a closet so if I did this I would have vent. duct running from the a/c unit to my growroom which is about a 6ft stretch, basically if I did that guests would walk into my room (which is my computer room) and see a huge ventalation shaft running from the closet to the window and that would be hard to explain!

I'm home most of the day so I can vent it by opening the door every 20-30 mins or so, I also believe that the bulb was burning much hotter the first day I got it rather that now, 3 days later. I just need something to keep the temp down when i'm gone.

Can I put a bucket of ICE in there just to keep it cool for a lil while? If thats a stupid question please forgive me I'm not a pro. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. If you don't mind running another fan or two and your on a budget I would try that and play around with the set up more. try and find a decent box fan for like $15-20 and place that near the opening of the closet either set it up so that your pulling the warm air out or make it so that its blowing cooler air in the room and grab another fan that you can mount near the light, between where the bulb is and the tops of the plants. just play around with things and see what works best. hope that helped you a little. remember it's all about trial and error until you find out what works the best. :allgood:

Thanks GanjaMan I have a decent box fan and I will try that during the day when I can.

Do you know of anyway to vent through the crack at the bottom of the door?

I've heard of using Funnels and fans. You take a fan and put the open side of the funnel on the back of the fan so that its pulling air in through the small opening in the funnel, you then slide that small end through the crack in the bottom of the door to pull in air. Anyone heard of this?

I've heard of people doing this but it's not the best way to get the warm air out. what I had to do was keep the door open all day and then when it was time to flower, during the dark period I would close everything up and make it light tight an hour or so before the lights shut off because you dont want any stray light getting in there during flowering unless you want to chance it by getting a hermi.. ahaha make sure you keep a fan or two running inside too and if your concerned about smell I would suggest buying this gel called Optimum Growth's Odor Killer, they sell it at most grow shops.. it works pretty well. I would just close your closet up when your having people over and when noone is around keep the door open 24 7, then when its time to flower once your lights are about to go out close everything up.. takes a lot more work but its definatly worth your time and effort if you want a nice outcome. :allgood:

by the way try and get another fan in there between your light and plant that will help get the air circulated better. try and suspend it somehow in the air or if you can mount it to the wall.

heat sucks ya gotta blow it outta there! thats a good start..

"guests would walk into my room"
guests!!!!
dont have those, i suggest becoming a hermit.
(get a chihuahua for company)

by the way try and get another fan in there between your light and plant that will help get the air circulated better. try and suspend it somehow in the air or if you can mount it to the wall.

There actually is another one in there up in the top right corner, you cant see it in tha pic but its there and its facing outward to push hot air out

Thanks the temp is a stable 80 degrees F

perfect man if anything get that fan a little closer to the light but things look better, your baby should start to improve for sure also. remember trial and error thats one of the fun things about growing.. if your into science that is ahaha :allgood:

Yeah this is actually my 3rd or 4th grow... needless to say I've never successfully grown and harvested a plant simply due to the fact that I did not have proper materials nor did I have access to the net for help like this. My first grow was beautiful got almost 3ft tall on ONE 35w CFL!!! and then showed me it was a hermie!!! It sucked b/c it was a nice plant but this one will go all the way for sure! Thanks so much man!

is the landlord snoopy? you could try drilling a 1 or 2 inch sort of high on the wall all the way through line it with plastic pipe and mount a big picture over the outlet but with spacers on the back for air flow patch outside holes and paint when you move in closet build air guide ducts out of cardboard and duct tape with computer cooling fan pushing air out do same as intake near floor with furniture in front offer to paint
when you move to get security deposit back if landlord
buys paint and spacklepaste to fill picture holes you buy wall patch tape and putty knife maybe $10.00.....
most landlords will allow projects they think will improve the place ie paint patch ? vent register for musty closet ? if they think it'll look good and you know what you are doing go for it ...

is the landlord snoopy? you could try drilling a 1 or 2 inch sort of high on the wall all the way through line it with plastic pipe and mount a big picture over the outlet but with spacers on the back for air flow patch outside holes and paint when you move in closet build air guide ducts out of cardboard and duct tape with computer cooling fan pushing air out do same as intake near floor with furniture in front offer to paint
when you move to get security deposit back if landlord
buys paint and spacklepaste to fill picture holes you buy wall patch tape and putty knife maybe $10.00.....
most landlords will allow projects they think will improve the place ie paint patch ? vent register for musty closet ? if they think it'll look good and you know what you are doing go for it ...

Excellent idea!!! But I can't paint b/c my walls, are um, how do I say this... "Textured" I live in a manufactured mobile home so everything is like un paintable b/c its not sheetrock its like wallpaper. Besides I fixed the problem with the box fan, the plant is doing great. Thanks :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom