Should I switch back to the led blurple new phlizon 600 watt (only 100 true draw)
Upto you mate. The cob will give you a bigger plant faster. If you get everything right.
The blurple will maybe be a few days behind by the 2 week point but there's a lot more room for error.
They don't need or want much for the first 2 weeks so most of us find it easier to just let them chill out and go at their own pace under something low powered.

Update continues,

July 21. 12AM 80.5 degrees F. 49/50 RH
7pm 81 degrees F. 55 RH FULL SPECTRUM BOTH SWITCHES ON.
11pm 80.5 degrees F. 55 RH still at 40 inches. Without AC assist the temp rises to 85 degrees Quickly.

July 22 12:30am 79 degrees F. 57 RH
9AM 79 degrees F. 49RH
1200 nighttime

515pm
530PM 83 degrees F. 55RH watered with 1/2 teaspoon to 2 gallons of water PH 6.6 FF Gringo Rasta Cal-mag. 1/4 dose.(label says 1 teaspoon per gallon)
power outage 6 hours

July 23, 2AM 79 degrees F. 66 RH LIGHTS ON FOR 24 due to power outage.
7am 79 degrees F. 59 RH
1PM 81 degrees F. 59 RH
7PM 81 degrees F. 59 RH
Looking great after a little nute watering from yesterday.
C775B5F5-BAA1-4A96-BB66-5EC79856A28B.jpeg

Blueberry Cookies

0C5B61E6-450B-4014-940C-0389EEB49B24.jpeg

Alaskan Purple

So learning how to water,

To start over I germinated two seeds Alaskan Purple and Blueberry Cookies. Both stated in cup of water then paper towel. Straight into 5 gallon smart pots.

Here are the newest pics, I need the knowledge of my senior growers.

I previously moved the lights from 39-40 inches down to 35 inches and i noticed the Blueberry Cookie started to yellow and more curl on the leaves so after one day right back to 39-40 inches.

Watering-- i only watered twice so far in this grow the bottom of the pots are staying moist to wet. I am using a moisture probe and the faithful lifting the pot technique. I like living the pot. The two waterings i watered to runoff happened twice. Should i have been only watering a little since the roots are not big?

2BEF2111-4DC5-4CBF-94A4-C95B837C7E83.jpeg

Auto Alaskan Purple

9D257A40-26CD-4B03-9E29-0935BF80B02D.jpeg

Auto Blueberry Cookies

It is tricky learning how to water at first, but that is a small plant and you can overwater very easy. Also too much fan on them isnt too good either when they are that small and it will dry out your soil faster also.
Take your time and you can adjust your methods as you go. Dont stress oit or it takes all tje fun out of it

Oh..... i see. I have read not to transplant the autos and just to use big containers. The bigger the better I read but I dont know myself. Bigger with small plant to me is gonna stay too wet too long. I have never had any luck with autos myself. I grow only photos

My first go around, It seems the Alaskan Purple is changing from dark green to yellowing in the middle outward. for sure no water I'm going to wait and cross my fingers. I did check the temp of the leaves and they are cooler than their surroundings. I believe this is good.

Youll most likely find life easier if you start with the blurple for a couple weeks mate. Its less powerful so you can get it closer without burning them. Cobs are a lot for seedlings to handle. Many of us like myself start under low wattage. I use cfl. Its just easier, no other reason. Oncs theyve got 3 or 4 sets of leaves theyre pretty indestructible but theyre fairly fragile untill that point.
I'm going to start them next time with CFL. Ty.

Nice save with the light mate. Told you it was strong lol. If you need some advice on watering techniques go find @ emilya (dont put the space) and read the thread under her name. If your still unsure after that just ask her and im sure shell be happy to help you out :)
I had a chat with emilya. Filled me in on watering technique to try. Thx.

I'm going to start them next time with CFL. Ty.
Oh btw mate , just to clarify, when I say CFL I'm talking about this kind of thing. Not youre average household ones. (They do work but not as well)
The reflectors are only £30 plug n play and the bulbs last forever cos you don't use them much. Only £8 or so to replace them anyway.
Handy to have though. Saves couple weeks on the grow time cos you can just hang it any old place you got space while the last lot are finishing :)

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 129
Thanks I was on my way to Home Depot lol, that's an online order.
Yeah won't find those in home depot lol. Well I wouldn't think so anyway :)
They're useless for trying to grow with but really are an awesome addition for dealing with seedlings. Keep em 6-8 inches above the plants and you'll get perfectly proportioned seedlings upto 4nodes every time. Once the 4th node is in they're propperly rooted up, ready for transplant/topping/training and should generally be able to handle anything you can throw at them within reason :)

Back
Top Bottom