Help my plant is having a magnesium deficiency! can i use molasses?

blinded

my stems are turning purple and my older bottom fan leaves are turning yellow. my plant is in vegetative stage. can i use mollases or something for the magnesium? i cant afford that expensive stuff for nutrients. any help?

Re: HELP my plant is having a magnesium deffiancy! can i use mollases?

Before you take action, are you sure its a magnesium deficiency? Purple stems and yellow lower leaves can be caused by other things as well.

Before you take action, are you sure its a magnesium deficiency? Purple stems and yellow lower leaves can be caused by other things as well.

well thats what im most sure it is. if not what do you think it is?

Purple stems is most likely over watering. If you are sure it is magnesium, go to any drug store or grocery store and get some Epsom salt. It is almost pure magnesium. Mix a teaspoon to 2.5 or 3 gallons. Water once or twice then flush with fresh ph'd water then continue as normal. Be careful withe Epsom salt, don't use it more than once in veg and once in bloom, that is all you need.

We'll need more info.

How to Ask for Grow Support

It's not necessarily magnesium; nitrogen, phosphorus, and pottasium deficiencies can all cause the purple stems and yellowing lower leaves you're seeing as well. Can you provide pics and some more info?

i can get you a pic tomorrow.
but it the bottom fan leaves are dying i guess they turned yellow and from those fan leaves up the stem is purple the fan leaves above those are starting to turn yellowish as well. anything specific i should look at to know for sure what it is?

I would look first at the environment of the plant, because, with a few exceptions, deficiencies are usually related to something environmental causing nutrient lockout, rather than an actual lack of the nutrient in the medium. The most common issues are - overwatering and ph problems. I've had magnesium deficiencies show up during veg when I grew in coco, but generally speaking for me deficiencies don't show up until the flowering stage, and the ones I've had during veg (growing in promix mainly) were related to the two issues I mentioned. Could you provide some more info on how you're growing?

Back
Top Bottom