Help my plant is sick (photos)

toubalas

SOIL GROW

Strain - unknown
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - veg
Bucket Size - 15x25x25cm
Lights - (3) 23 Watt CFL (2 warm 1 cold)
Nutrients - (20-20-20)
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -around 25 celcius
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 50x50cm
Pests - None Known

my leaves seem to be "burnt" there are some pictures to help you identify the problem

2013-10-07_21_11_49.jpg

2013-10-07_21_11_31.jpg

thank's in advance, a first time grower :Namaste:

ps
if more pictures or stats are needed please let me know

i dont know the soil type cause a friend gave it to me, the ph of the soil was a little below seven when i checked before i planted the plant and i use tap water

Hi toubalas.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Sorry to hear your having difficulties. Have you given the plants any fertilizer/nutrients? Do you know if there were any already present in the soil?

Below is chart of common deficiencies and abundances you might find helpful.
malady_chart5.jpg

thanks for the chart even though i cant recognise my plants condition among them. i dont know if the soil had any nutrients. i am using a water soluble fertilizer which contain: 20% N (4,3% ammoniac, 5,7% nitrate, 10% urinous), 20% P (P2Ο5 - phosphorous pentoxide), 20% Κ (Κ2Ο - potassium oxide), 0.04 Fe , 0.015 Cu, 0.04% Mn, 0.005% Bo, 0.09% MgO, 0.015% Zn, 0.0005% Co, 0.0001% Mo. I didnt know i had to let it sit for 24 before use but from now on i will. i also havent splashed any nutes on the damaged leaves ,but i will as soon as the dark period begins

Thank you very much for helping me through all this :)

i have had this schedule already (i feed it aprox every 10 days) but the "disease"
hasnt stopped spreading if you have any other ideas as to what
could have caused this id be happy to hear you out

2013-10-15_19_28_12.jpg

2013-10-15_19_27_16.jpg

here are some new photos to help you help me :p

new growth has some signs but nothing like to older ones, only some of the new leaves have "burnt" edges .
why you think i should stop using nutes? i thought that the most propable cause was a nute defiiency

the deficiency first started when the plant was about 3 weeks old and i first started using nutes 3-4 days later. I am tottaly inexperienced but it seems to me it is unlikely that overfed is the cause of the problem.

Just to be clear, I am also new to growing, on my second grow now. My first grow was okay about 2.5 oz per plant - dry and cured. My second grow was perfect in veg, beautiful, 18/6. I transplanted just before going into Bloom 12/12 and no transplant shock so all was well.

Then, I added water soluble nutes...Oh NOOOOoooooo within a day I had problems.

What I forgot was that the organic FFOF/HFO mixed soil has plenty of nutrients for at least a month maybe more. So tainted my perfect grow with a simple slip of thought.

The point is that soil has nutrients for a good while and there is no need to add soluble nutes for a while, depending on soil type. If you add 50% or even 25% of scheduled nutes to a good fresh soil you will likely have a nutrient burn or lockout issue.

The affected leaves will never recover but the new growth can and will with just plain water for several weeks. I won't concern myself with what I did, the plants are doing great except for the leaves that were affected. The new growth is looking as good as it was before I put it in bloom.

Like others here are saying just use plain water for a couple weeks it will recover. Then use only 25% of what the instructions say, after two more weeks increase to 50% and that is all you will likely need from then on. If you do increase beyond that then use caution maybe do a 75% for a while and then 100% but give it time to show whether the plant is going to be burned again between feedings.

:peace:X

Hi toubalas.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Sorry to hear your having difficulties. Have you given the plants any fertilizer/nutrients? Do you know if there were any already present in the soil?

Below is chart of common deficiencies and abundances you might find helpful.
malady_chart5.jpg

Great chart tanR :)

Back
Top Bottom