Sum1SumWhere

My seedlings cotyledons are yellow and brown and shrivled at the tips, i need help, idk how to upload pictures but so until then ill describe it, the seedling is very small maybe a quarter inch tall, they cotyledons are yellow and they are brown on the tips and look like its shriveled or shrank at the tips, id what is wrong so some help will be very helpful. (Photos in my gallery on profile)

image17108.jpg

View image in gallery

image17108.jpg
image17108.jpg
image17108.jpg
image17108.jpg
image17108.jpg

This is my first time growing and the soil is jst some soil from the ground i got, seedling sprouted out the soil about 4 days ago, been planted for about 2 weeks in soil before it sprouted, i had it in a solo cup then transplanted into 5 gal bucket, i water every day and i think i over watered them i haven't added anything to the soil just watered them, as the seeds are just some seeds i git from my brother and he got them out of a bag of mid grade weed, idk the strain, im new and never grown before so im turning to this for help

And being grown outdoors, temp is around 83, little wind about 2-3 mph, kept in direct sunlight from about 10am to 5 or 6pm

Give her a little mist about 2 or 3 times a day. at this stage of development there is very little you can do to influence what happens.....

You did not answer the other questions so can't say if it's bad soil or overwatering etc.... I have sprouted seeds outdoors before and kept them in direct sunlight (30C) all day, but kept the seedling hydrated with regular misting.....

It drains fairly good but idk can i just water it less often or somthimg? And i just moved it out of the sun, what can i do to make it get healthier? Any tips for the stage its at now? It has very very tiny leaves growing inside the cotyledons, what can i do to make the yellow and brown colors go away

Its the same soil in the 5 gal bucket that i used in the solo cup and when it was in the solo cup water pretty much drained out the bottom as as i poured it after it absorbed some, i dont have much money to spend on soil or anything so i was just trying to grow with what i had readily available

When i water it i use enough water to wet the top of the soil and a little extra , probably about 1/2 a cup of water and i do that once a day except every other day id do it twice so you think it can be overwatered? Its well water not city water so no chlorine or stuff like that in it

being indoors will be much more easy to get this little seedling started , you can not control the outside weather , direct sunlight will dry this little seed up and if you dot have time to keep an eye on it and mist it every time it drys it will die , bring it in , put a couple even one cfl over her , add a little dome even an empty clear bottle cut in half will do , mist the inside of bottle for a while until it starts to grow better

P10607881.JPG
P1060248.JPG
P1060249.JPG

I am an outside grower so I know what I am talking about. Sunlight never hurt anything ( and where I live we are talking mega hot sunlight)

Stop watering. Mist a few times a day if it's really hot and she should recover. Don't water the pot again until it feels quite light. That will get your roots off to a super start.

But most importantly, don't panic :rollit:

Okay bapple so to clarify, i should stop watering the soil until it get light and dry and should just mist the plant itself, put it in direct sunlight?

Back
Top Bottom