HELP! My slide is stuck

hossua34

Ok, I have a Bluedot, that I've been using a Roor diffuser slide in for a long time. And this morning, when I went to toke, I couldn't get the slide out! It's like it's held in there with freaking cement. I'm not even joking when I say, I grip this thing as hard as I can and twist, and the first thing to give is my grip, not the diffuser slide... I really don't WANT to have to break this thing with a pair of pliers just so I can use my bluedot again, but that's looking like what it's coming down to. Any suggestions?

The only reason this has happened to me is becaues of that dam resin ... If it gets on the outside of you slide, an you slide it back in .. it gets hard and sticks, i can always get mine to come out, maybe try heating it up a bit somehow?? Unless theres some other reason its not coming out>?

I don't know, I don't think it's resin holding it in there. It is stuck WAY too tight to just be resin. It's like the glass-on-glass parts have somehow fused together on a freaking molecular level.

Tried alcohol, that didn't work. WD-40's an idea, but how am I going to get it on the stuck part? It's sealed off really tightly and anything I pour into it, even liquid, doesn't really get to the part where sticking's occuring...

Heated it too. Did nothing.

perhaps if you put it in the fridge the resin will become brittle and easier to pull off?

Y'see, this is why I only buy cheap bongs, I've had my acrylic triple bubble bong for four years now and never once had a problem like that, and even if I did, and I broke it trying to fix it, I'm only out, what, twenty bucks.

That said, try the wd-40, its called penetrating oil for a reason, though you may have to let it sit for a while. But like User said, clean it thuroughly afterwards

Sometimes after I smoke my GonG for awhile the parts get hot and the tight fitting glass glass parts expand and start to get stuck. The same could go for it being too cold too probably. I'd try it after cooling it down though.

get a bottle of iso and poor it into the botttom of the bong make sure it covers the slide (where iso is almost coming out the bowl)...try to somewhat shake it or twist the stem loose..

or get a really big pot and submerge the whole bong in boiling water...do not put cold water directly on the bong afterwards because it will shatter like nobodies buisseness....let it cool down gently.

Sometimes after I smoke my GonG for awhile the parts get hot and the tight fitting glass glass parts expand and start to get stuck. The same could go for it being too cold too probably. I'd try it after cooling it down though.

That sounds more like what seems to be happening. I've had it get stuck before, but never to where I literally could not pull it out. And every time it got stuck before, when I twisted it loose you could hear that little glass-on-glass scraping noise.

I don't know what to do... that mother is stuck TIGHT

That sounds more like what seems to be happening. I've had it get stuck before, but never to where I literally could not pull it out. And every time it got stuck before, when I twisted it loose you could hear that little glass-on-glass scraping noise.

I don't know what to do... that mother is stuck TIGHT

nah man they wouldve contracted by now after it cooled down.

SUCCESS!

After about a week of not smoking or touching it at all, I returned to my bong this morning and tried again to twist out the slide. Still stuck. So I said fuck it and put absolutely all my strength into it, and it just popped loose. I'm lucky I didn't break anything. But just as I'd suspected, it wasn't resin holding it in there at all. It was just some freaky type of glass-on-glass contact that locked it up.

I hope THAT never happens again.

Ooohhhhh Yeah! Well, good smokin' to ya bro.

Teach that pipe a lesson and smoke the SHIT out of it. Haha.

Whoo hoo, great news man. Hit that once for each of us!

's called Aqua-Lock

usually, a little teeny bit of water will get between the gong joints and make it fucking impossible to pry the damn things apart. The only cure is to wait.

Where were you last week when I needed you? Thanks for the info.

glad to hear you got it out without breaking it. you could also use some wd40 or put in some hot water, the glass will expand and you can pull it out. post up some pics of that blue dot. im thinking bout getting one for my next glass purchase.

glad to hear you got it out without breaking it. you could also use some wd40 or put in some hot water, the glass will expand and you can pull it out. post up some pics of that blue dot. im thinking bout getting one for my next glass purchase.

Already in my gallery:cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

...BUT I'll make it a little easier.
m31.JPG

I very highly recommend bluedot, but you can't really go wrong with any name brand glass-on-glass

Back
Top Bottom