Help! my sprout fell over and has a Weak stem

noobish

So my plant sprouted on april 1st so this is day 10.
I was using a cfl while waiting for an led to arrive.
in the first 6 days i was watering daily until i learned that that isnt good for it, its in organic soil and i've yet to add guano or nutes.

2 days ago the middle of the stem started looking weak as hell while the rest of the plant seemed the same. I have it propped right now and i havent watered it for a day to let the soul dry out a bit in hopes it starts to feel better.
any advice on how to salvage this baby?

dude, how close is your light, and what nutes/soil are you using - this was my plant at day 10 under a 25w cfl

IMG_148516.JPG

i started out on a 9w cfl and upgraded to a 105w cfl
I kept the 9w about an inch away
and i keep the 105 about 3inches away
Im using miracle grow organic choice soil, have yet to add nutes as i read that i should wait til week 2 to add th

Wow never seen that before, I would actually do what ColoradoH said... it will give it support. I would cover up with soil the whole pot until you covered all the affected area of the stem, chances are it will start growing roots from that part of the stem.

hope you can save the little one

Guano is good. Really anything that is not time-released that has more N than P or K is good for the vegetative stage. Just start out slow, like 1/4 recommended dosage, and increase as the plant grows. I've used Fox Farms Trio and am currently using Doggett & Simpson Growology 3-Step System.

If the Miracle grow soil has slow realizing fertilizers, I'd watch the nuts... I used miracle grow and still a year after I saw the little balls of fertilizer in the soil. I stop using miracle grow and mix my own soil now.

First off, almost every experienced grower on this forum will tell you Miracle Grow is a very bad choice for seedlings. It's not balanced well and it can burn your plant. I wouldn't recommend to add any nutes personally until you fix your stem problem. To me it looks like wrong soil + temperature problem + too much watering.

What would happen if I snipped off the skinny dead area and left the living area of the stem. And is it too soon to transplant? And if not. How do I transplant

If the plant were better established the stem might releaf, but I'm pretty sure it won't at that stage. The best suggestion was to mound the earth up past the shriveled part and see if it will re-root.

That will be a slow process though. It would be a lot quicker to just plant another seed.

So I think its a temperature issue. The other night a window was left open causing it to wilt :(
The base of the stem looks healthy and thicker than before but the upper area is pretty much dead. I now have a lighthouse led which gives off a nice warm light. I don't know if it's too little to late but I hope it saves it. I can't plant another seed as this is the only one that sprouted. It's an import setiva so not something I'll be getting a fresh batch of any time soon :(

Back
Top Bottom