SOIL GROW

Strain - Berry Bomb
# of Plants - 8
Grow Type - Nute free mix
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 2-5 Gallon
Nutrients - BPN @ 10 ml
Pests - None

Problem: A few of my plants are beginning to have alot of undergrowth Should I be trimming back or is it better to just let them go?

I want to start them on the screen as soon as they get a bit taller. Right now they are only 8-10 inches tall. I have been watching for sex and right now they are showing very little. I would like to wait until maturity before going into flower on the 12/12 cycle. Right now they are on 18/6. I havent topped yet. There has been a small amount of upward growth over the last week and Im trying to get them all about the same height before I place the screen.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Plants are at 42 days and pics are on page 6 of grow journal.

Thank you

Do you want clones? That's what those chutes are perfect for, once they're big enough. You could top the plants, or just tie them over to slow the upward growth and get those lowers to grow out, then snip them for clones, untie the tops and screen them.

One way of doing it... :) You can use any combination of methods, whatever's best for your plants. And gem, I got your PM btw, haven't responded yet because I'm not familiar with the Berry Bomb strain specifically and wanted to do a little research first. That's what I do... :grinjoint:

thanks for the info. Im in a state that is not legal so stealth all the way. I cant do any cloning until I get a system up to handle them. besides I do not want to clone this strain as it has to many issues and is not stable. Mostly weird leaf patterns, or missing leaves. Right now I'm just trying to get some meds and get off the pharmaceuticals.

I have not been able to find out much on the strain. What I do know is the mother was a Blueberry and dad a Bomb. I was hoping that they would get taller but so far I've only see minimal growth in veg. They shot up way to much as seedlings. and now wont so that may be all the height I get on them in veg. hopefully it don't carry on into flower.

If trimming undergrowth now at what node would be the best one to start on. I dont know anything about tying them down and the main plant is already developing it's stem into a good size, dont want to break that baby. I have read about tying them but dont feel that comfortable in doing that.

:thanks: :peace:

I fim'd the undergrowth yesterday in hopes that I will be able to see some of the other plants under growth before fimming the tops. I slowed them down some to let the others catch up. I think by next week I will have my screen(s) ready for them.

:thanks: for helping

I fim'd the undergrowth yesterday in hopes that I will be able to see some of the other plants under growth before fimming the tops. I slowed them down some to let the others catch up. I think by next week I will have my screen(s) ready for them.

:thanks: for helping
U fimmed or trimmed the undergrowth? If u meant FIM, why?

Thanks BWC for the help. I only FIM'd 1 plant. I wanted to encourage sidewards growth for the screen. Did I mess up? I did only the undergrowth from 5th node down. I am beginning to think the plant is a male anyway. None of the plants have shown sex yet. Ggggrrrr. I am not good at patients. maybe that is what i'm supposed to be learning. lol

:Namaste:

Yeah I chopped our first lil plant the other day (Purple Kush), she didn't really fill out much and was about a week early so for a 8"-10" plant there was probably only 10-14g, nothing but trichs... LOL

In the meantime I'm trying to be patient and let the Blue Dream and Blueberry fill out another week and a half at least, that'll put them both @ 9 weeks and so far they look like at *least* an oz each. I still have my little OG to cut in the next week too, early but it'll get me thru until the first decent harvest. :yummy:

Also got more work to do here, half a tray of babies rooted and ready to move to veg for a bit... Never ends. :grinjoint:

EDIT: How the...? Well this was supposed to be after BWC's post, somehow it jumped ahead in line... :hmmmm:

Doesnt sound like u messed up. I was jus curious as to ur rationale for fimming lower growth. I'd like to know if u get the desired effect. Typically growers FIM the terminal bud/growth shoot or top to encourage side growth. Yes, growing requires patience. Wait til u staring and smelling fat buds everyday for like 3 weeks. Shits killing me right now. I've been smoking one of my plants tho and I haven't even chopped her her. Jus know ur not alone in that department

I really wish I was in Cali. I hate having to go stealth. I've only grown outdoors and we just let them go on their own with a bit of pest control. I will keep an eye on the growth from down under. How long do you think before I will know if it helped or hurt?

Got my 2 deliveries today will be updating my journal with some pics. One was damaged and their sending a new one out tomorrow. I need to get this up and running to much smell.

I don't think u messed up bro. I just didn't understand why u did what u did until u explained urself. It may workout and i'll have learned from u. Cali isn't the only med state. I believe there are 13 others. I have no filters on this run either. It's caused me to get very creative when maintenance personell or visitors come. So far so good tho. U having smell issues?

BWC - Yes they have smelled since they were 3 weeks old from seed. Very Berry, they started the dank smells about 2 weeks ago I guess. Right now I have a Tru Air with a carbon filter you just plug into the wall. It has a fan and recirculates pretty good for now. I started looking early for carbon filters and ordered one as opting to DIY only because I got a great deal on it. I arrived today and Fedx had to have tumbled the thing around almost all the carbon was in the bag instead of in the filter, and the 2ndary filter was black. I called the company and their sending out another. Whooo hoooo, I'll have 2 if I can figure out how to open it up to add carbon. They wanted me to throw it out.

Im just glad I opened it right away otherwise it might have sat there for another week or 2.

I know there are other states closer to me but I hate Tornado's and want to get away from them, besides My daughter lives in Oceanside on base. I could head to Oregon my mom lives there and I have a few friends as well.

No big deal calling me Bro, maybe I should add female to my signature or maybe not. Lol

What do you think will happen from me fim the under growth and not the top or from 5th node upward to 8th? I just needed to do something I was beginning to have leaves touching the soil.
I will be trying to update pics this week so I might see something happening soon I hope.
Anyways going to visit the grow room for a bit.

sent reps to you and CaliPho and thanks again for your help.

sis...lol I never had a brother, just ex husband's. a brother will be nice. Havent had time to check out any more journals, so Your is my next.
Have a great nite, Bro:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom