Help needed 3 1/2 weeks into bloom leaves turning yellow curling

Diggler420

Hello,
I have a Cali og kush/haze and a Durban poison from crop king seeds that look a little sick. The vast majority of both plants looks healthy but there are some leaves that are changing colors and I would like to address the problem before it is too late.
Indoor 4x8 tent with 15 plants in 5 gallon pots
Pro mix 4 soil
Led lights— 2-meizhi 900watt, 1- meizhi 600 watt, 1 mars reflector 960, 2 mars 300 and one China led light 1000 watt( but more like 300 watt)
Exhaust 6” fan with carbon filter
Fan
Temps with lights on 88 f
Lights off 68-70f
I have followed General hydroponic grow schedule for photos. I am 3 1/2 weeks into bloom and 12-12 light schedule.
I have been feeding and watering with two full days between feed and water or till pots feel light.
Current feed per gallon of water is:
4 ml micro
1 ml grow
5 ml bloom
1 ml kool bloom
2.5 ml cal mag
This was from my last feed water and the bloom is set to go up 1 ml
The first plant is not that bad but there are a few crazy looking leaves. It is Cali og kush haze.

The second plant is Durban poison and 85% of the plant looks great but there are some strange looking leaves.

I have not given any plain water yet, just the mix.
I don’t think they are over watered but they did not go bone dry between feeding. They still were a little moist but the pots were much lighter than after watering.
Also, I have been giving them a 1/2 to 1 gallon of the water feed.
I know the tap water is 6.5 ph but I have not tested any run off.
Any advice is more than welcome.

My first thought is that it is a Calcium deficiency but noticing that you are using Cal-Mag. It may be that your PH is not allowing the cal-mag to be absorbed and being locked out. Would need to look at your PH - after you have added all of your nutrients and additives. The second it would be helpful to see what the PH is on watering and what the PH is in the runoff.

Thanks for the info. I will ph today.
Do you think I should give them just water and ph the run off? Or should I give them the nutrients/water and ph that run off.
If it time for a feeding I would go ahead and feed with pH at 6.5 with plenty of run off and see what it says.✌️

IMHO, if your 3-4 weeks into bloom, it's what I call the late transition period.
The leaf you are seeing the definincy in are the main stalk fan leaves.
Their job is done, they are there to provide a source of starch should the plant need it.
Looks to me your feeding/watering just fine.

This is when, in my gardens, and those I build gardens for, I teach them the plant is showing you the big stalk fans can be pulled off, IF SHOWING BAD LEAF.
I am not a believer in total stripping like some do.
But the last 4-5 weeks are bud building, that is why no more nitrogen at all is needed, heck it's almost counter productive, in this phase of the plants life.
Like adding superthrive/B1 after you start the bloom phase, it's counter productive then, does you no good.
I think you girls are looking fine myself.

They don't look bad by no means but I was wondering if he was phing his Nutes after mixing. He said tap water was 6.5 but in most cases after adding Nutes you have to pH your feed. Mag is absorbed best around 6.5-6.6.✌️

Thanks for the info. I will ph today.
Do you think I should give them just water and ph the run off? Or should I give them the nutrients/water and ph that run off.
Your welcome to stop by my journal anytime. I have two previous journals also with tons of info in them. My previous journal is in my signature ✌️

Thank you so much for the great information. I really do appreciate it.
I just cut off all of the sick leaves. Ph of my feed and water is 6.5.
Run off was 6.0.
I did use the paper ph strips and I am not real sure how accurate they are. I will buy a digital ph meter ASAP

The strips aren't rally all that good but give a pretty good reference. 6.0 is a bit low for run off - for soil you should be shooting for 6.3 - 6.8 and a little higher in Flower if growing in soil. At 6.0 you will definitely be locking out Phosphorus, Calcium and Magnesium.

A good meter will definitely help you tune it in perfectly. For now I would try to raise your PH to about 6.7-6.8 and see how it affects your run off.

The Cali og kush haze started to recover after a flush and ph brought to a 6.5. All of the plants look great but the Cali. It stretched well but has thin buds. I just noticed seed pods on her. I may be overlooking something but I do not see and male parts. I definitely think it got stressed.
Should I remove this plant from the tent?

Back
Top Bottom