Help needed fast!

pinkpunk447

i have 2 clones actually, the mother plants were 3-4 months old, the clones have been growing for about 2 weeks, and im pretty sure they have good roots. My question is, should i put them on a 12/12 light schedule right now? They are about 10 cm tall, and i dont want them to grow much taller, i want small plants. Any recomendations about soil and nutrients are welcome. If i put them on a 12/12 schedule, how long would they need to develop, before i can harvest? Please help.

Re: help needed fast!!

Hi pinkpunk.

Welcome to the 420 magazine site and community of members that gathers here.

Lot of variables to consider in answering your question such as the species (Indica or Sativa) and strain, photoperiod or auto. However, I can tell you that you should anticipate the plants doubling or even tripling in size during the first few weeks of a 12/12 light schedule. Again, harvest time is hard to gauge without more info, but I think I'm safe in suggesting a typical harvest could be anticipated between 60 and 90 days after 12/12 is induced.

Be well and happy growing! And again :welcome: to :420:

i have no clue what the strain is, but the species should be indica. Also, what do you mean by photoperiod or auto? is there any way to get to harvesting sooner? im thinking of manipulating the plant, to stay small and bushy.

pinkpunk,

When I referred to whether the plant is a "photoperiod or auto" I am referring to whether the plant will bloom based on the hours of light it receives (photoperiod) or whether the plant has been breed to bloom after a certain period of time or reaching a certain physical maturity (auto) regardless of the hours of light it receives.

If this is an indica the harvest will happen more quickly than if it were a sativa or sativa dominant plant. I believe you are most likely looking at 60- 80 days after flowering begins though even for an indica.

I'm sorry but I am not aware of any way to speed up the process of maturing the plant. There are however a number of methods employed to maximize the harvest of a smaller, bushy plant. Are you planning to employ any method in particular?

Edit: Oops, looks like Ricorico has suggest the DLS while I was typing. I'm familiar with this only in name/theory as opposed to hands on testing.

i have no clue what the strain is, but the species should be indica. Also, what do you mean by photoperiod or auto? is there any way to get to harvesting sooner? im thinking of manipulating the plant, to stay small and bushy.

pinkpunk,

Please know that I suggest this respectfully and in the hope of being truly helpful. It sounds as though you could benefit greatly from visiting the tab at the top of the screen labeled "Grow Room" and in particular the sub category "How to Grow Marijuana". You will find many of your questions (and many you haven't yet thought of) have been addressed.

Another helpful website feature I'd like to suggest using liberally is the "Search" feature located under the "Forums" tab at the far left top. I use this regularly when I see a term or topic I'd like to understand or research further or across a broader base of member input/responses.

One last feature I find helpful is the ability to search within any particular thread. Say you use the "Forums" Search feature to learn more about Diminishing Light Routine-DLR (Also called Diminishing Light Schedule-DLS) and the search returns a thread 96 pages long. Open the thread and use the "Search Thread" feature locate in the gray bar above the first entry on every page within the thread to find every example of the word or words in which you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom