Help Needed: First Time Grower, Issues & Solutions!

ZackaryOX

420 Member
SPECS/TEMPS/NUTES/MEDIUM:
Light: 1000w Tolys full spectrum LED
Medium: At first promix in the solo cups, but now have switched to FOXFARM's Happy Frog
Nutes: General Hydroponics flora micro/gro/bloom, Cal-Mag and PH Down for adjustments.
Strain: Lemon Jack
Temps: 72F(22.22C) to 78F(25.56C) with an RH of 45% to 55%

SOME BACKSTORY:
So, what got me started was an ounce of cheap weed I ordered, I could tell that something was wrong with it taste wise but I eventually started finding seeds in my bud. The strain is lemon jack, unsure if its photo/auto so I will definitely learn along the way! :) Ever since I found those bag seeds I've wanted to cultivate my own grow room and try my hand at breeding(so that I can hopefully experience some strains no one else has!!!!).
It was a slow and steady operation at first, I used the paper towel method to germinate(leaving seeds in cup of water till they sink or for 24hrs then putting them in a damp/wet paper towel and leaving them in there for 48-72hrs). I had a great germination rate considering some of these seeds had gone through my grinder:ganjamon:. Now 3 weeks later I have almost 10 plants, that is if this last seedling decides to grow. Unfortunately some of the plants are 1 to 2 weeks off from the others, I will just have to keep track of this. They've spent most of their lives in a solo cup but now have been transplanted into 3gallon plastic pots. The first plant to reach vegetative stage was accidentally left unwatered for 1.5 days and it caused the plant slump over and look dead, although she was fine!!! After I found her slumped over I immediately watered and after a day she sprang back to life, but some of her leaves showed signs of not bouncing back/too badly damaged, so I did a light trim and shes fine now!!!
So like I was saying I recently transplanted the girls into 3 gallon plastic pots, and gave them their first ever nute feeding, I gave them way under the recommended dose just so they can get used to the nutes and not get overwhelmed/shocked. I filled a bucket with 1.5 gallons of water and put 1ML of each general hydro solution starting with micro first, and then PHed the water to 6.3. I started noticing some slight deformities and discolorations on some of the leaves, if anyone knows what this might be please respond!!!

TL;DR:
I just transplanted some of my babies and noticed some discolorations/deformities even while transplanting(so the new pots arent the root of the issue), this discoloration/deformities are only on the bottom leaves. I just started their first nutes feeding last night, but don't think I gave them even near enough to cause lockout/burn. Also one of the leaves on my plants has some yellow dots on them, I just wanted to check if I'm maybe doing something wrong or find out if this is normal.

Thanks for reading everyone!

PICS OF PLANTS:
new1st.jpg

new3rd.jpg

PIC OF YELLOW SPOTS ON LEAF:
new2nd.jpg

looks to me like you are watering too often. How often do you water, how much do you give when you give it... and how do you determine that it is time to water?

I think you might've hit the nail on the head. I water about once a day(in the solo cups) when I notice that one is dry, but I'm guessing since the age difference in some of the plants, their requirements aren't all uniform. I'm still not quite too sure on when to water, especially now that I'm in the 3 gallon pots (I've only been using them for 1 day now, they were transplanted around 9PM last night). I think that ever since the scare with the unwatered plant I've been over watering so that it doesn't happen again. I never used any measuring cups or things like that when giving them water until last night with the bucket, but even then I didn't measure how much I gave each plant. Do you have any pointers/advice to help me ensure I'm feeding them correctly? Thanks!

Do you have any pointers/advice to help me ensure I'm feeding them correctly? Thanks!
I do! Welcome to the forum by the way, glad you were able to find us. :welcome:
I have a watering guide that has become amazingly popular over the last decade... I invite you to read it. It has been made a sticky on this board and on others, and many forum dwellers provide links to it in their own signature lines. I hope you get as much out of it as they did. :) The link is below, in my signature lines. Read all of the lines in there if you will... each one represents a valuable lesson that I learned as I developed my art of growing weed.

I do! Welcome to the forum by the way, glad you were able to find us. :welcome:
I have a watering guide that has become amazingly popular over the last decade... I invite you to read it. It has been made a sticky on this board and on others, and many forum dwellers provide links to it in their own signature lines. I hope you get as much out of it as they did. :) The link is below, in my signature lines. Read all of the lines in there if you will... each one represents a valuable lesson that I learned as I developed my art of growing weed.

Just gave it a read, thanks a bunch!!! I also have another question, how do I figure out if my plant is auto/photo? I have both the VEG and the BLOOM light switches on 24/7 right now, is this a good practice?

if you have a puny light, then yes, this is a good practice. If you have a capable light, then no... save some for bloom. You really should figure out a way to measure your PAR at the canopy and go from there.

If you have your lights set to 18/6 a photo plant will not go into flower. If your plant goes into full blown flowering mode around week 5 or so, you have an auto.

Hey Zack. You did the right thing coming up here. It’s a stroke of luck for you that Emilya is going to see you get your roots right.
Something you could do is suss out how to link your journal into your signature so that people can find you here when you’re out and about. There will be a link to do that in the info pack in your inbox.
Good luck
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom