Help needed for lighting 5x 5 tent

svebban

Hello!

First time grower, but i have really read alot, and i think of my self a fast learner when I have the motivation ;)
My spelling may be bad, Im from Sweden and not use to type in english. And school was a long time ago! :cheer:

Well I have one tent 240 x120x 2m (8x4x6,5) with 7 girls two weeks away from harvest. I hade a huge amount of problems in the first, killed the fiorst batch of expensive seeds and almost lost my second batch. I jumped head in first and a grower friend told me to but my lights close to the seedlings, and I did, those burnt bastards!! :peacetwo:

I now have 2 600w air cooled huds in the tent and for the next grow Im gonna throw in another 600w in the tent to fill the gap in the middle. One 384mh/3 fan (I dont bother to calculate the cfm for that) and one 800mh/3 for extracting the air and heat. After some struggle I manish to obtain heat at 68 at night and 75 at day.

Thats all and good!

My problem is my new tent! One 5x5x6,5 tent ) 1,5mx1,5mx2m. Should i be fill it with one 1000w or two 600w? The tent is for veg but i might trow in a flowering time or two. I guess the 1000w is better, save some bills, get a good coveridge and may save a buck or two on the fans?

And sorry to say, I use magnetic balast, this is what I will start with!

I would go with a 1000 watt with a good hood simply because of the light distribution. It should also keep the temps down in that space. With two 600 watt lamps you will have more light power for sure, but how to get it best distributed may be an issue.

Wow Money money. Try the newer bigger LED'S with 11 -12 spectrum. They run for 1/2 the price, work great, plants do a lot better. I read the reviews. Check them out. Great company,light last for 5 plus years. Comes with a 5 year warrenty. Runs cooler and has small fans built in. Advanced Platinum series p-900. You might want the 1400 watt.No worrys then. This will pay for itself in plant growth,less bulbs to buy, plus Cut's elect bill in 1/2. Leds have come alone way.

Back
Top Bottom