Help needed on seedling

The colors of the cotyledons and the stem look good for the most part. Certainly looks healthier than the photo from yesterday morning. In that one the purple color makes the cotyledons look like they are starting to turn a brownish gray like they are dying. Now, in the more natural light the green colors are good. There is one exception that has to be watched and that is the slight yellowing where the cotyledons join the stem.

What shows up are the signs of to much water. On some of the small pieces of soil I can see the green coating of algae. The algae is not a bad thing and it is not hurting the soil but it is a sign that the surface is kept moist. Another sign of that the soil surface is not being allowed to dry is the brown color on the pieces of Perlite. It is normal for the Perlite to pick up a dirt color but in the photo is it to intense.

Its odd looking but still alive. I try and grow out everything regardless if I'm going to flower her or not.
I find i learn something from every problem child.
As long as its alive id grow her out see what you can do with her.
Bill has a good point. You can keep the seedling and watch to see what it does. It is a great learning experience. If the plant recovers there is a chance it will suddenly start growing fast and catch up to the other one.

Give it several more days, maybe another 4 or 5. If it stays just like it is then there are things to consider doing in an attempt to jump-start the plant. You could transplant it into another cup with fresh soil. Or, you could try giving it more light, as in taking it outside on warm sunny days. Sometimes either on of those will work and suddenly the plant just takes off and starts growing like nothing was ever wrong.

Back
Top Bottom