Help Needed t5 Organic Soil Scrog Grow setup

FireGreen

Hi, I'm new to the forum and havent purchased any grow setup yet, I have one in mind but there are a few things that I need help with from someone with experience. This is the basic setup I was going for.

Secret Jardin Grow Tent 1.5m x 1.5m x
Lightwave T5 4' 8 Bulb
Wilma 8 Pot System (switched with the same litre Rhizo-Pots)
Plagron Bat Mix
Bio Canna range.

Was thinking 4" extraction fan and intake plugged into a SMS Twin Fan Temperature Controller

My only concerns with this setup is how I'm going to regulate temp in the grow tent with an extraction fan, whether or not the lights make the tent warm enough to have an extraction fan on all the time as I'm worried without the negative pressure from the extraction fan that odor could possibly leak from the intake. Especially when the lights are off and during the colder winter months when temperatures potentially drop below freezing, I was thinking I may need to include a garden heater when the lights are off during winter.

What do you guys think?

Also, should I go for the 8 pot wilma or the 4 big pot wilma. as I will use a scrog, I'm just not sure whether 8 will be too many plants under that light. I'm hoping for a good yield/time efficient grow.

Many thanks

ok a bit different to my normal stuff but ill make a few comments anyway =)

8 pts plus a brain tank? thats a lot to fit into a 1.5x1.5 i would go for the 4 big but im not experienced with these pot systems yet, just the plants and the sizes they become ;)

i think you should have a double vent system. one lesser and constant, cleaning the smell and ejecting the air afar. if you want to get complex, the intake for this subsystem could be a lung room (to control incoming temps).

then a 2nd vent system that is thermostatically controlled if you need to flush out excess heat that the smaller system cant handle.

hope these ideas help a little in your planning =)

Hi, thanks for you input! Yeh, I thought 8 was pushing it. The 8 pot system measures 118xx59cm and the lightwave t5 is 119x66cm respectively. I think I will take your advice and get the 4 pot system!:thumb:

Hmm, I'm not really sure what u mean by a double vent system. Apparently, with the SMS, instead of turning your fans (intake and outtake) from idle to blow when your room has reached your set temp then off again what it says it does is calculate the rate at which both fans need to move to keep your room to the temperature you've set it at; therefore keeping the room at a negative pressure, hopefully not allowing any odors to sneak out of the intake as if it may do if the fans stopped from idle to go every so often.

My biggest concern now is when the lights are turnt off will the plants generate enough heat to keep the fans moving so it doesn't stop the negative pressure in the tent?

Anyways I can see your from the Uk, do u have any trouble with grow room temps when lights are off? I was ideally going to set up the tent in the loft. Any thoughts?

be very careful in a loft. summer temps are oven, winter temps are icy. you need to super insulate the cieling of the attic to avoid glowing from space and melting snow and all sorts ;)

seperate to heat and smell, you need to consider the plants need to breath fresh air.

regardless of heat and smell, you should replace the entire grow room air once per five mins really so a 10'10'10 cube needs a 200cfm extractor running 24/7.
you then need to add on to that a certain amount of cfm for heat and then a bit more for your carbon filters resistance as not to strain the motor.

you could add some heavy bricks to your grow room that will absorb heat during the day and radiate it at night to even things out.

be very careful in a loft. summer temps are oven, winter temps are icy. you need to super insulate the cieling of the attic to avoid glowing from space and melting snow and all sorts ;)

seperate to heat and smell, you need to consider the plants need to breath fresh air.

regardless of heat and smell, you should replace the entire grow room air once per five mins really so a 10'10'10 cube needs a 200cfm extractor running 24/7.
you then need to add on to that a certain amount of cfm for heat and then a bit more for your carbon filters resistance as not to strain the motor.

you could add some heavy bricks to your grow room that will absorb heat during the day and radiate it at night to even things out.

Thanks for the info! I've had a think and now I reckon I'm going to change the grow in that case and do it inside the house. A secret Jardin 1.2x1.2x2 m, using a either 400w hid/hps, or a 600w air cooled. Which would You recommend and how many plants & pot size etc. I'd like to veg about a month and flower 2, hopefully using a scrog. The hydroponic system I was going to use instead is the octogrow/quad grow. What do you think?

Many thanks!!!

not a clue about prebuilt hydro kits, i mainly grow soil and perlite hempy style.
air cooled all the way my friend, beats the pants off anything else for efficient temprature control.
that hot air isnt smelly if done right so can just use a basic motor with no filter (cheaper to run) and then your filter/motor is just about swapping out the air for co2 and getting rid of the smell, it needs to do much less about heat that way so can be smaller really =)

unless your chaining and using the cooltube to suck out the entire grow rooms air and not just the heat, then you need a pretty heavy duty motor and filter =/

i would maybe try to grow 4 plants in that area and switch to flower when they take up about a 3rd of your allowed growing area, this allows them to stretch and fill up the room nicely without too much risk of overcrowding.

Back
Top Bottom