Help needed week 7

Skunk No1

Hi

I have 3 skunk No.1 plants all growing under a 600W HPS bulb, they are now into week 7 but im told that i should be starting of thinking of putting them into the flowering stage but my tallest plant is only about 17inches tall and im not sure wether i should change the light times yet or wait until they are taller.
Much aprreciated if anybody could advise what i should do.

Thanks

if you're in a 600w hps, they should be blooming now, otherwise you're wasting all the budsites on the bottom of the plant. Plants double, sometimes triple in flower, so you could have a plant that is 3ft - 4.5ft tall by the time you're done. I usually flower at around 12"

good luck man, you ever grow the strain before and know how much it stretches in flower? You should be fine though, I flowered a couple plants at 16-17" before. They finished up around 4' which IMO is too tall for a 600w, but it yielded a lot of really good bud, popcorn or not, it took you where you needed to be haha

You on line CrinsonK20?

Was just surfing around. I use DWC and have a few questions are you familiar with the process?

Thanx anyway. I grow some in dirt but in the cold cold winter I like the girls inside to keep them nice and safe. I have a question regarding strain identification. Can you be of any help there?

I've got a couple strains going. I had some bag seed Sativa I've been cloning for quite some time. In February a friend gave me 8 clones the he said were Lemon Diesel. Later someone said there was more than one strain there. I have them 5 wks into bloom and there are definitely at least two strains as some resemble a Sativa and some resemble an Indicas. Is there any fool proof way of determining the difference between the two?

yeah sativas grow taller with more space between nodes. The leaves have skinny fingers. Indicas grow short and have the fat leaves with more jagged edges.

In flowering, indicas grow very dense, sativas grow more fluffy.

That's what I've been led to believe. I was hoping for a better description that explained why (2) of my Indicas are Sativas. hmmm. I now have to reassess my veg garden.

Two seeds of the same strain can exhibit different traits, just like kids one may take after the mother the other the father.

:tokin:Thank you for that information. Would that apply to clones also? I was under the impression clones mimicked the traits of the host mother to a T?:nomo:

Or you can heavy defol at start of 12/12 and get no stretch or size increase.

What is your defol process? Just fan leaves or small branches as well?

Back
Top Bottom