Help needed

Herbavore

I have a homemade flood table with a center drain that doubles as the filler/drain. It's a 4x4x9"deep lined with epdm pond liner. I want to grow in 4" rockwool. I flooded a few cubes without plants in them and it takes a few days for them to dry out again. Is that how I judge when to flood again. I thought they would have to be flooded every few hours, but as I read on it's only if they were in clay pellets or some other medium that drains quickly
any suggestions and if anybody else is growing in rockwool alone on a flood table please show me some of your methods so I can get started, thanks

Perhaps you should ask this in the hydroponics section?

IDK because I grow in soil, so no help here.

DD

I use an ebb & flow system. You will not need to flood very much at first, especially using the rockwool. But as your plants grow and begin to require more nutrients, you will need to adjust flood times. Currently, I am flooding 3x daily, for about 2 minutes each time. Bear in mind that I am using a shallow tray, as well as hydroton.

My grow is an illustration of why it is important to do thorough research. I did not need to use the Hydroton with the rockwool, but I found that out well after the root systems of my plants were well established. Trial and error works best. Hope this helps. Check out my journal if you have any further questions!!

:rollit:

Rockwool dries out a lot faster than you would think believe it or not. I have used it before a few times. Not a big fan of the stuff. There are some great alternatives out there to RW like Coco. Make sure to PH your blocks before using them in sterile water.

Back
Top Bottom